I've accomplished something!

julwise

Hey everybody, i'm new. :) All I've done here so far is offer to help a certain Domi with some proofreading. But I wanted to contribute more (sort of) and i've recently finished, or rather, decided to stop working on this... (Used Viconia for reference purposes so she's here for comparison.)

burgcpr.jpgvic.jpg

It's not exactly BGII style but it's my first attempt at any kind of computer portrait whatsoever so that wasn't necessarily my focus. In anycase, I know it has various anomalies and you can critique it if you like but i'm (probably) not going to work on it anymore because it's sucked up enough of my life as it is. :)

It is quite good, especially her face. You might want to add a bit of hair, especially on her right side, as it seems the size of her head doesn't quite match the... um... poofiness of her hair.

For a first attempt, though--excellent! My first attempt (and second, third, ad infinitum) usually come out somewhat similar to Andyr's avatar, though without the symmetry. :)

That's really nice -  what's it based on? A photo, or is it drawn? :)

I'm fairly certain it's based on Viconia's portrait.

The colours are great, especially the hair. The proportions are a little bit off – the crown of her head should really touch the top of the picture, like it does in the original portrait (even though it's covered by the hood) – but it's not a major problem. All in all it's a good portrait, especially for a first try.

Yeah the right side of her hair, straight from Viconia. I tried making it more symmetrical but I didn't like the way it looked. The lips I actually did myself but they look almost exactly like Viconia's. And they're a bit too big/pouty, I think. I used Vic as a sort of reference point. Most of it is original but I got so incredibly frustrated with the hair and clothes that I cheated on them. I actually took the clothes from Jaheira and edited them. I'll put up Vic's portrait next to mine for comparison.

I've actually never been good with realistic hair lines. I know that sounds strange, but it's true. My hair is always too "close" to the face. Speaking of hair, I want whatever conditioner she's using. :)

Thanks for the comments, guys.

It's a very good portrait. It'd work well for an elven or half-elven character. But I think the left cheek could do with a little widening (or covering with hair). It looks a shade too thin to me.

It's a very good portrait. It'd work well for an elven or half-elven character. But I think the left cheek could do with a little widening (or covering with hair). It looks a shade too thin to me.

actually it would be an excellent aerie pic...

yeah, the left cheek doesn't quite work...i really like the hair color... :)

In my relentless pursuit of perfection :), I was in the final stages of what was shaping up to be a succesful cheek widening when a fateful power outage occured and, well you can surmise what happened. I give up for now. I suppose i'll work on it more if/when I have a reason for it other than "practice" and my own personal divertissement. (Or if i'm just really bored) Aside from that, my motivation is zapped. :)

P.S. I'm all about the half-elves. ;)

I actually wanted brunette or red hair but I couldn't get those colors to look nearly as nice as the blonde.

Something that always bugged me about the Viconia, Aerie, and Jaheira pics in the game is that their eyes are either misshapen, lopsided, or just too slanted (IMO). That was probably most on my mind when I worked on my portrait.

Archived