need help with .STO creation [SOLVED]

jastey

That is the exact number of distinct items in stock.

You mean item categories? (Sorry, I really have problems grabbing that. (I rechecked and counted the items to see whether the "#items" numbers made any obvious sense to me, and the "#items for sale" matches the item categories of offered items. At least I thought so.)

Before, I thought "#items for sale" is something like the max number of items in stock. I set the value to the number of items (not items categories) and now I have a store where no item can be sold to. Is it the reason why nothing can be sold to it, or is it some another bug I created unknowingly that will lead to a CTD on other's people installs? :) (Creating a store where nothing can be sold to was my intension.)

"# items purchased" is the number of item categories that the store will buy from the player (the number of item categories that the store will purchase)
If you don't have any "categories" that the store can purchase such items from the player, the player cannot sell items to the store.

"# items for sale" is the number of items that the store will sell to the player (the number of actual items that the store has for sale)
"Items for sale" is the number of items that the store has to sell to the player. These are the items that the player *buys* from the store.

I don't know how else I can state it; somebody else may be able to say it in a way that may be clearer to you.

#items of sale is actually the # of entries in the store's available items for sale section.

So setting this number to the number of existing items would lead to the situation that the player can't sell anything more to the store. (What I experienced.)

devSin: Thank you and sorry for my repeated questions; I understood the principle of the #items, but I got confused about whether "#items for sale" is the actual amount of items (like, what offers the store right now / at the beginning of the game) or is it the max number of possible items. And I got confused about "#items purchased" listing the number of categories of items to sell to the player, not the total amount of items.

Score:

devSin - 0

Avenger - 0

# items for sale is the number of references in the "Items for sale" pane (view) or the number of "Item for sale" elements in the list (edit). This value changes as items are purchased from or sold to the store. It has nothing to do with anything you've been talking about in this entire thread.

# items purchased is the number of categories in the "Items purchased" pane (view) or the number of "Store purchases" elements in the list (edit). This value doesn't ever change in-game. It doesn't have much to do with anything you've been talking about in this entire thread.

If you don't want the "sell" screen to show up (where the player can sell items to the store), change the flags at 0x10 (disable the "Can sell" flag). Normal stores do not have any maximum quantity or limit to how many items they can hold, only the types of items they will purchase.

OK, OK, I think I got it now. What confused me the most is the term #item = # item categories.

Thank you.

The offsets flags at 0x10: Can buy, can sell: I tried disabeling, but I guess I got it wrong, too. I thought it's referencing to the player, not to the shop, or the other way round (whatever), so I disabled the wrong one (player couldn't buy anymore). Now I know what to do. Thank you again.

EDIT: Maybe I should have added some smilies; this post was supposed to sound grateful.

Yeah, i didn't explicitly say that this # of items can grow, and it isn't a maximum #.

Actually, there is a 'store capacity' field. I don't know if it works for regular stores or only for bags.

It is a short on offset 0x22 (near the thieving chance).

Actually, there is a 'store capacity' field. I don't know if it works for regular stores or only for bags.

It is a short on offset 0x22 (near the thieving chance).

I had considered posting that, but I don't know if it works either (something for Nythrun to test, I think!), and I didn't want to make it any more confusing.

EDIT: Maybe I should have added some smilies; this post was supposed to sound grateful.
Smilies are never required. You said "thank you" twice; that sounds grateful enough to me!

Archived