need help with .STO creation [SOLVED]

jastey

Can someone help me with two .sto files I created. I have no experience as to what "sell markup", "buy markup", "#items purchased" etc. means resp. what I have to put in, so I basically opened an existing in-game store, made my changes and saved it under a different name, hoping it would work. Funny thing is, both stores seemed fine the first time(s) I opened them, now (I seem to have changed something without even knowing) they bowth lead to CTD upon loading in game. :)

One idea that came to my mind: Could the reason for the CTD be a corrupted item inside the store?

Tell me what you need: I'll post all the data, or I can send the files to a given email address, if someone would like to check them. Any help would be appreciated.

I used NI (main reason: I can open two windows at the same time).

I tried dltcep's check function: one store doesn't give an error message. The other one gave an error message I don't recall but it seems to be useless anyway as I can't even open the file anymore. :)

You can open two windows in DLTCEP - just launch it twice. I do this all the time.

If you haven't solved this yet, I'll take a look at it if you can post an archive or describe what you're trying to do (or just PM me). Don't know if I'll be able to fix it, but who knows.

Can someone help me with two .sto files I created. I have no experience as to what "sell markup", "buy markup", "#items purchased" etc.

Buy markup and sell markup affect how much stores alter item prices when buying or selling. If an item has a price of x in its item file, a store will buy it for

(x * (buy markup / 100))

and sell it for

(x * (sell markup / 100))

For example, Roger has a buy markup of 30 and a sell markup of 140. He'll buy an antidote (item file lists its price at 100) from you for 30 gold and sell it to you for 140 gold (reputation will affect both of these prices).

Stores only buy certain items, i.e. you may be able to sell armor at one pace but not at another. The item types are in a list at the end of the file; the #items purchased refers to the number of item types in that list.

Ah, thank you so much, guys! The problem is solved, they are both working again.

Miloch: While preparing a PM to you, I noticed the store type wasn't "store" anymore, that solved the problem for store number one.

CamDawg: Thank you for the explanation, now I knew I had to put in "#items purchased" = 1 and that solved the problem for store number two. :)

Out of curiosity: What is the meaning of "#items for sell", the amount that can be stored per item category?

You can open two windows in DLTCEP - just launch it twice. I do this all the time.

I will try this - when I've finished banging my head on the keyboard. Sometimes it's the obvious things that we don't see, right?

"# items purchased" is the number of item categories that the store will buy from the player (the number of item categories that the store will purchase)

"# items for sale" is the number of items that the store will sell to the player (the number of actual items that the store has for sale)

"# items for sale" is the number of items that the store will sell to the player (the number of actual items that the store has for sale)
Does this mean the total possible number of items? Something like the max number of items the store can hold (So upon creating the store this number has to be higher than the number of items in stock)?

That is the exact number of distinct items in stock. It's the number of item references you'll see in the STO file. It's only used for reading in the items for sale list and doesn't actually control anything like store quantity.

"Distinct" items are items with a unique reference in the store's sale list; items with quantities greater than one are still counted as only one reference.

Wrong, unsure, and wrong.

It's up to the modder to not suck if they need to change counts or offsets.

Bookkeeping is done only when structures are added or removed from a file.

No automatic changes to a file are made; it's again up to the modder to not suck when creating their files.

A lot of the code is predicating on these values being correct. If they're not originally valid, you're going to have to worry about more than just some silly recalculate button (which isn't even a valid convention in the current interface, thank you).

There are enough problems with insertion/deletion for the various resource types; caring about STO handling would come way (way, way) after those were fixed.

I begin to think Fred dropped dead, so y'all have to be satisfied with the way it is; nobody else is going to be changing it.

Archived