Romance in the Underdark

Bardess

I'm curious - do Underdark lovetalks have a special place in lovetalk order? Do standard lovetalks fire in the Underdark?

P.S. I think I know of a certain NPC who'll just *hate* having to let a woman in charge of everything... :)

As far as I know, most romances prohibit normal sequences to continue in the Underdark, just like BioWARE's. That's generally achieved by forbidding the sequence to trigger in Chapter 4. Some romances introduce special UD talks as 'Chapter-specific' making them trigger after certain events. BG2 in general considers that the group should act 'drow' while in the UD, least they are discovered.

Guest Guest

Some romances are allowing UD love talks, however. Edwin's has a couple, and I think Aklon will allow it. Many people are bummed if there are NO love talks in the UD because you can be down there a loooong time.

Oh, thank you for answering. It's been a long time since I finished any romance and I remember nothing special happening in Edwin's, as well as stumbling upon some very Underdark lovetalk in Fade's dialogue file. So, if you plan on stopping the regular talks and continuing them later, they mustn't be too related to each other as it wouldn't have sence for the NPC to refer to something that happened a chapter ago. :)

That means the romance should advance to stage 2 before Underdark at any case. :D

Or you could have it the way it is done for Ajantis: a lovetalk for RomanceActive=1 and a lovetalk for RomanceActive=2. Or a 'neutral' UD lovetalk that could happen in either stage of the romance.

It doesn't matter where this technique is used - Jastey uses it after several dreams in BG1; someone else could use it in the Underdark. The trick is to have two dialogues hanging on the same trigger: only, if RomanceActive is 1, the first one is activated; if it is 2, the second one.

Archived