Jaheira romance\quests not progressing

Hello there.

I'm currently playing SoA+ToB+official patch (mods installed: Fixpack v3 and Tweakpack v4). My character is a human kensai and was romancing Jaheira. Whilst in chapter 2, the romance reached LoveTalk 27 and then stopped progressing for no apparent reason (I've tried to force the next dialogue in via CLUA but it didn't work). I'm pretty sure I didn't screw up the romance as the variable is still set on 1. I also haven't got any Jaheira-related quest after the Lord Ployer one.

What could the problem be?

EDIT: I'm in chapter 6 now.

Did you have an encounter with the dying guy, and a group that wanted to kill him? And if you did, did you take him to the house in the Docks?

Yup, I did. I also did the Xzar\Montaron quest.

' date='Jun 5 2007, 12:47 PM' post='89266']

Also, did you buy her the locket from the potion merchant in the Docks District?

I did this as well but when I had a look at the locket's description, it said a part of the picture of me and Jaheira was fading. I thought it meant it was too early to buy her the locket, so I re-loaded the game and went on playing, waiting for the romance to progress before buying the locket again. Wrong move?

The locket is just for fun. It doesn't have any effect on anything. It will always be faded -- you get what you pay for! :D

My only guess is that you haven't rested outdoors. You need to leave the city and rest outside (I always do it at the De'Arnise Keep) to trigger the bandit encounter (her romance stalls until this encounter fires).

My only guess is that you haven't rested outdoors. You need to leave the city and rest outside (I always do it at the De'Arnise Keep) to trigger the bandit encounter (her romance stalls until this encounter fires).

I've just done that (after getting LoveTalk 29), right before reading your post! :(;)

Now, to deal with the bandits! Thanks for helping!

Archived