Elves vs Aasimars/tieflings (planetouched) as a Mystery Race

Domi

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh, I just saw that Gensais are in in the expansion for NWN2, so I am definetly going to go with Gensai. But I think I will open Aasimar and Tieflings for playable race, making it a predominately human world with some strange bloods mixed in.

Thank you! Well, I am thinking that the expansion itself might make use of them. But they just 'feel good' in my particular world, and I kind of like the idea of humans and subraces world very much, because it gives you the variety without doing the traditional elves-dwarves way.

You know, there's no reason you couldn't have planetouched elves, for that "ultimate" mystery race ;).

(The Forgotten Realms did actually recently acquire a group of planetouch elves in the form of the celadrin, who're sun elves with eladrin (a type of chaotic good celestial) ancestors.)

EDIT: id -> did

i think that unless the elves in question were a more specified, less cliched subrace, (like moon elves, wild elves, or sea elves,) i'd go with the planetouched creatures. much as i like elves, i think that the "we-won't-harm-a-soul-unless-they-happen-to-not-be-elven" type has been way overused. (or maybe that's just elhan and co.) anyway.

Thinking about it, if you wanted to be less cliched you could go with a race of elves who are deeply spiritual. Elves who are "one with nature" are everywhere (Lord of the Rings, Forgotten Realms, etc), and elves are highly magical are extremely common too (Warcraft, for example), but "spiritual elves" are something I don't recall seeing before. By spiritual I don't mean neccessarily religious, just in tune with the universe; think Buddhist elves ;).

Heh, no, I am pretty much decided to have a human setting. ;) Spiritual elves will be William's Sithi.... Interesting, but I really wanted gensai to start with, and seeing I've got my wish ;)

Archived