Some compatibility problems with Tsujatha?

Guest twetwe123

Guest twetwe123

There seems to be a small problem when installing some components of RE over the Tsujatha mod - I've found if I install a component involving a sound file, Tsujatha's sounds no longer work and if I reinstall him I get the message " 'oggdec' is not recognised as an internal or external file". This only seems to happen with RE compoments with sounds, if I install those without sound Tsujatha works fine.

Do you know what's causing this or what can be done to fix it?

RE doesn't do anything with Tsujatha - and it uses oggdec many other NPC mods - Kivan, Xan, Tiax(I think) use. We also "clean after ourselves" - our oggdec.exe is only in the directory while RE is being installed; it is deleted immediately.

Tsujatha, as many other custom NPC mods, should have a "string fixer" - if you press a hotkey, his soundset should be back to normal. Read his readme for more information.

I think the problem is in Tsujatha mod not using AT_UNINSTALL or AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL flag - Tsujatha installs audio at installing, but it doesn't uninstall audio at uninstalling.

Which, I assume(mind you, I'm not sure, but it certainly seems so) leads to some problems in backups during reinstalling. Either Tsujatha's AudioInstall tries to use RE's oggdec during the process, or something else. In any case, bad.

As to "what should the user do" - my answer would be not reinstalling or uninstalling Tsujatha, until it gets fixed. That is, you install Tsujatha mod, you keep it. If Tsujatha's sounds disappear for some reason, select him and press J, as his readme dictates. I suggest directing further Tsujatha inquiries to Tsujatha forum.

Note to Kulyok (because it will probably come up again) - just to confirm for you, these are not troubles with RE and its behavior - your code is the clean and non-intrusive kind. This "missing oggdec" problem is also confirmed on some of the BP mods, from WeiDU stress testing - not every mod is as good at cleaning up after itself, with several leaving materials in the override and then expecting the .exe to remain there. I have not yet been able to report this to NeJ latest version, but there are others, too, where older mods have difficulties cleaning up after themselves. This leads to odd behaviors on their install/uninstall routines, when another mod does clean up after itself. [This is just an FYI, if someone else comes knocking wioth "challenges"]

Thank you for the information, good to know.

{Reminds me of Potter Puppet Pals, when Voldemort sings his song, ends on "Aaaaavaaaada Kedaaavra!", Harry, Ron and Hermione drop dead, Voldemort says: "Oh! It actually worked! Heh," then naked Dumbledore comes in and asks: "Wha-wha-wha... are you killing my students?" - "No, they were like that when I got there", and Voldemort quietly edges away. Dumbledore waves his hands and says: "Oh, you children. Always dying. Just clean up after yourselves!"}

Note to Kulyok (because it will probably come up again) - just to confirm for you, these are not troubles with RE and its behavior - your code is the clean and non-intrusive kind. This "missing oggdec" problem is also confirmed on some of the BP mods, from WeiDU stress testing - not every mod is as good at cleaning up after itself, with several leaving materials in the override and then expecting the .exe to remain there. I have not yet been able to report this to NeJ latest version, but there are others, too, where older mods have difficulties cleaning up after themselves. This leads to odd behaviors on their install/uninstall routines, when another mod does clean up after itself. [This is just an FYI, if someone else comes knocking wioth "challenges"]

Sorry for the offtopic, but this is something that I really want to discuss further.

What can I do to improve Amber's code in order not to get 'oggdec is not recognized as and external or internal command' error? The problem is quite serious, because when the batch file failt to execute the area tilesets won't unpack wich will lead to a crash to desktop when player tries to enter those areas.

This has happened for couple users, even though for most player the intall process seems to work flawlessly.

Assuming that I understood correctly that fault is in my coding rather than in some previously installed and unistalled mod's code.

The current code looks like this:

tp2

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~amber/sounds/%LANGUAGE%/m#amb001.ogg~ THEN BEGIN
 COPY ~amber/sounds/%LANGUAGE%~ ~override~
END 

COPY ~amber/sounds/ambient~ 		~override~
COPY ~amber/sounds~ 			~override~
COPY ~amber/graphics~			~override~
COPY ~amber/areas~			~override~
COPY ~amber/2da/lum#a.2da~		~override~
COPY ~amber/song/m#blank.mus~ 		~music~
COPY ~amber/song/mxm#am.mus~ 		~music~
COPY_EXISTING ~songlist.2da~ 		~override~
SET_2DA_ENTRY 0 2 3 ~m#blank.mus~
ADD_MUSIC  ~Amber~	~music/mxm#am.mus~

[...]

[code]AT_NOW ~Amber/AmberUnpack.bat~
PRINT @335 /* @335 = ~The audio and graphic files have just been unpacked to 
your game. You shouldn't see any error messages above. 
However, if you do, please report back to amber@mbnet.fi~ */
AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~Amber/AmberReadme.html~
AT_UNINSTALL ~Amber/AmberUninstall.bat~

AmberUnpack.bat

@echo off
md music\mxm#am
copy amber\song\*.ogg music\mxm#am
copy amber\song\snd2acm.exe music\mxm#am
copy amber\sounds\oggdec.exe music\mxm#am
cd music\mxm#am
oggdec mxm#*.ogg
del mxm#*.ogg
del oggdec.exe
snd2acm.exe -wav mxm#amA.wav mxm#amA.acm
snd2acm.exe -wav mxm#amB1.wav mxm#amB1.acm
snd2acm.exe -wav mxm#amB2.wav mxm#amB2.acm
snd2acm.exe -wav mxm#amC.wav mxm#amC.acm
snd2acm.exe -wav mxm#amD.wav mxm#amD.acm
snd2acm.exe -wav mxm#amE1.wav mxm#amE1.acm
snd2acm.exe -wav mxm#amZ.wav mxm#amZ.acm
snd2acm.exe -wav mxm#amZC.wav mxm#amZC.acm
snd2acm.exe -wav mxm#amZD.wav mxm#amZD.acm
snd2acm.exe -wav mxm#amZE.wav mxm#amZE.acm
del mxm#*.wav
del snd2acm.exe
cd..
cd..
cd override
oggdec m#*.ogg
del m#*.ogg
del oggdec.exe
tisunpack m#ar*.tiz
del m#ar*.tiz
del tisunpack.exe

AmberUninstall.bat

cd music
del m#blank.mus
del mxm#*.mus
del mxm#am\mxm#*.acm
rd mxm#am
cd..
del override\m#boy*.wav
del override\m#gir*.wav
del override\m#dem*.wav
del override\m#rat*.wav
del override\m#ymm*.wav
del override\m#gab*.wav
del override\m#lor*.wav
del override\m#amb*.wav
del override\m#gbo*.wav
del override\m#ar*.tis
@ECHO
@ECHO Amber Audio and Tilesets Uninstalled
@ECHO

I sought help to improve to batch file previously here, but didn't manage to get satisfying results. please note that I'm really a newbie with batch files.

Your code seems all right to me. You originally have oggdec.exe in the sounds directory, right? Then you use it for encoding, twice, and clean after it, twice. Looks good.

Perhaps these users had Tsujatha installed, too?

Meira: my suggestion would be to do tisunpack in a separate file from audio unpacking. You'll have two AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT(or, better yet, AT_NOW - see Xan's code, or RE code) lines, every line running a separate .bat file.

This way, even if the user has some strange issues with oggdec.exe, .tis will still run smoothly.

And, by the way, if, in the end of the day, there're any issues with any files we might be running(we=RE, I mean), do tell us, I'll be happy to help/correct/adjust anything. Does AT_NOW directive has anything to do with it, I wonder? I hope not: Kivan and Xan use it, and it seemed good so far.

Archived