Big bug with renal and hendak?

Except for the Anomen reaction to Laran, which is tied into the component, the romance reactions are and will remain an extra install component.

YES PLEASE! ;)

... and even if you install all components, you still have a chance to have both the encounters and the romance.

Each NPC has their own buttons: Kelsey doesn't like working for vampires, Xan would cling and wouldn't part with the PC in the bonded path, Sewage Golem Romance may end if you try to force him to accept the Bard Stronghold, and so on. But, as jastey said, here in RE we've done the best we can to let you customize your playing experience.

(We have overindulged the PC success-wise, though. I have some evil plans for new content for v2 to remedy this somewhat).

Yes, exactly, there are a lot of "buttons" now, as you say, so I wanted to make sure you dont go adding more without letting us players choose! heheheh.

I think you may have overindulged CHARNAME, yes, because I dont think scre***** half Amn without your partner complaining is very realistic... so yes, i think adding the reactions component is necessary.

HOWEVER, having said that... I wouldnt install the reactions components ;)

With the existing romance reactions, all of them, you never have to choose between any non-joinable NPC and your romance interest.

For some of them, it does involve a bit of dishonesty, for others, especially Gaelan, Desharik, and Talak, where the PC is pressured heavily to have sex with them, you can be completely truthful to Anomen without ending the romance. For those, as long as you don't tell Anomen that you asked for it on purpose, and that you had the time of your life, you'll be fine.

With Laran, you can be truthful to Anomen after both encounters without ending the romance. I felt that since the men involved were a paladin and the priest of a god who values honesty above many other traits, rewarding truthfulness was more important than letting Anomen fly into a jealous rage. After all, not only are you not married to him, you're also not even officially engaged until ToB.

The cumulative reaction I'm doing for Anomen will be similar. You need not lose Anomen over past indiscretions, even then, although it will be a little harder to convince him of your sincerity after sleeping with 6 men than it was after 3.

When I finally get to writing the romance for Gavin, he won't dump the PC for being honest, either. Let him who is without sin, and all...

I think this all is very nice and adds realism. However, wouldnt it be different if Anomen is CN as opposed to LG ? CN Anomen would be jealous... but maybe he could work it out too, who knows...

In all, im very very very glad to hear that you are going to keep making the reactions component optional for your npcs. Sometimes players have to sacrifice a bit of realism because we cant be playing bg 1829731923 times in a row to check all the options ;)

Thx!!

With the mod NPCs, I don't know if it will be installed separately.

Gavin isn't written yet, so I'll have to think about whether to make it separate or not. I don't think it's a separate component of Xan. AFAIK, Xan's the only released mod NPC who has RE content.

As far as I am aware of, yes. Xan only 'openly' reacts on Saemon and Coran - with others, it's within player-initiated dialogue, so unless you want to open this can of worms, it remains closed and bolted. But then again, it's Xan as I'm writing him.

For some of them, it does involve a bit of dishonesty, for others, especially Gaelan, Desharik, and Talak, where the PC is pressured heavily to have sex with them, you can be completely truthful to Anomen without ending the romance

You're not pressured at all with or by Gaelan - it is entirely your own choice. The encounter with Gaelan is just supposed be a new "option" for a lazy PC who wants to get the information she wants the "easy way", maybe trying to avoid tedious quests this way or thinking that she's dealing with an idiot or that she's irresistible, just to realise that she is beaten at her own game. Go figure.

Some of the replies to Anomen's reactions you (?) wrote are not truthful, either, it rather sounds as if <Charname> is fooling either Anomen or herself. Or both.

Archived