Bodhi-napped!

theacefes

Well, it's time for Bodhi to be her lovely self and kidnap our dear Sarah.

The dlg is working well and good...then uh oh! The cutscene we made never ends, and the game just sort of sits there ( a crash so to speak)

It was copied directly from CUT53C

IF

True()

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CutSceneId("K#SCUT01")

CreateCreatureObject("VAMPAMB","K#Sarah",0,0,0)

SetGlobal("K#SarahVampire","GLOBAL",1)

Wait(1)

CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDISPMA",Myself)

DropInventory()

SetLeavePartyDialogFile()

ChangeAIScript("VAMPAMB",OVERRIDE)

ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)

DialogInterrupt(FALSE)

LeaveParty()

EndCutSceneMode()

END

IF

True()

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CutSceneId("bodhiamb")

DialogInterrupt(FALSE)

CreateCreatureObject("VAMPIM01",Myself,0,0,0)

END

So...how far off am I? The cutscene is in it's own baf called K#SCUT01. If you're reading this Grim, I simply modeled it after the ones you showed me.

Any advice would be welcome.

I you've looked at the ID in CutSceneId and found it is correct, and it still doesn't work, I've had regular problems with cutscenes in separate scripts. Try this:

(1) *Omit* EndCutSceneMode() completely. That seems to happen automatically if you start a cutscene from a separate script file. IIRC, I've debugged several hanging cutscenes in the Planar Sphere mod this way.

(2) If that doesn't help, put the cutscene code completely into the calling script and avoid using StartCutScene("resid"). This, too, has been used to prevent cutscenes from hanging, without any other change in the cutscene code except substituting simple actions with ActionOverride.

I'm not sure whether it makes a difference, but your CutSceneId is the name of the cutscene rather than Sarah's death variable - other than that I can't see anything different from what I did in Nathaniel.

The CutSceneId should be the object running the cutscene, as Miss Sakaki says. This is either Player1 or Sarah's DV.

So, it would be:

IF

True()

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CutSceneId(Player1)

etc

I usually use Player1, because no matter what you do to an actor in a cutscene, Player1 will still be there. You see, if the object running the cutscene is disabled in a way that makes her no longer run script, the cutscene will hang, too. But there isn't any reason not to use Sarah's DV, as long as you aren't running anything that uses Deactivate() or DestroySelf() or something. If you wanted to make Sarah do stuff, you could still run ActionOverride().

Archived