Looking for a romance theme

Ieldra

I'm looking for a romance theme for my NPC Morgane. I have not the slightest idea about where to look for it, and about problems concerning copyrighted material.

This is what I'm looking for:

A theme reminiscent of classic romanticism with a hint of the gothic. Thoughtful, poignant and maybe somewhat hauting, without being outright elegiac (I know this is a razor edge to walk...). Something evoking wide empty spaces and long periods of time. A not too bad example of the style would be "Song of the Sibyl" by Dead Can Dance, which was one inspiration for the NPC, except that it's copyrighted, I'm not sure it would work as a romance theme, and I think something instrumental would be better anyway. I'm open for anything, though.

Any help would be appreciated.

A theme reminiscent of classic romanticism with a hint of the gothic. Thoughtful, poignant and maybe somewhat hauting, without being outright elegiac

Mmm... Anezka's theme from Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, maybe? Although I have no idea about copyrights in the field and don't know if you would be allowed to use music from another game (still, somebody used music from PST in their mod, so it must be OK). Anyway, this music really fits your description - and it *is* very beautiful.

I've played the game but don't recall the theme - but I do recall the story was very good and well presented in art and music, overshadowed as it was by the annoying gameplay.

Do you know if the music can be extracted from the game, and which tools to use for that? It would be annoying to buy another copy of it (I gave away my old one), only to notice that I don't have the tools to extract the music...

Out of curiosity, I googled using the terms music and public domain:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=m...G=Google+Search

and this was at the top of the list:

http://www.pdinfo.com/ Public Domain Info

Hope it helps.

FWIW, it seems some other mod authors have written the owners of copyrighted material and received permission to use their material - I'm thinking about the recently released Dungeon Crawl mod); that is another option to pursue.

Good luck.

John

Because of the dramatic advances in digital music composition over the past 20 years, there are now about seven squillion people out there hoping to make a career in video game music. And because there are so many, you can find people willing to do very good work for free for a mod project, and get (more or less) exactly what you want.

I'd suggest browsing and posting the ad sections in places such as Indie Gamer.

I'd suggest browsing and posting the ad sections in places such as Indie Gamer.

Thanks, that was very helpful. I've never had anything to do with internet music resources - I didn't even know such a place existed...

Only now it takes some self-discipline to continue working on my mod instead of listening to music from the net all the time ;);)

Archived