EXTEND_TOP_REGEXP?

jastey

It broadcasts a shout with a value of 81. Any creature checking for Heard(O:Somebody,81) will hear it and can respond accordingly (depending on what the actions for that block are).

If you're asking if there's any special significance to "81," then no, it's just a number. Shout()s can have any arbitrary value you want.

So you can effectively use Shout() as a group call. A leader with Shout(81) could call a group of his buddies so long as their script has Heard(81) in it?

Later in the battle he could use Shout(82) to call another separate group waiting in the wings with Heard(82) in their scripts.

So they enter the battle in stages when the are called?

Rabain: As far as I understood, yes. Theoretically, you could use a set variable and Range(), too, to avoid numbers that might be used by other mods, too.

Shout(81) is used by Drizzt in BGII, and it makes his friends disappear with him after the first meeting with the PC, btw (found it..).

I don't think so...

Another question:

If I want to patch all area scripts. I can use

EXTEND_TOP_REGEXP ~AR[0-6].*bcs~ ~DKDrizzt/scripts/DKArgang.baf~

How can this code be improved, for compatibility reasons? Can I put a COPY_EXISTING somewhere, together with a BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES, for example? I would appreciate if someone could point me to an (easy) example, or post the appropriate code here.

// don't die on missing files.
COPY_EXISTING ~ar1000.are~ ~override/xr2400.are~
~ar1000.are~ ~override/xr2600.are~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP - ~^.*\.are$~ ~.../override~
 READ_ASCII AREA_SCRIPT script
 PATCH_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%script%.bcs~ THEN BEGIN
EXTEND_TOP ~%script%.bcs~ ~path/to/appendAll.baf~
 END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

// don't die on missing files.

COPY_EXISTING ~ar1000.are~ ~override/xr2400.are~

~ar1000.are~ ~override/xr2600.are~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP - ~^.*\.are$~ ~.../override~

READ_ASCII AREA_SCRIPT script

PATCH_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%script%.bcs~ THEN BEGIN

EXTEND_TOP ~%script%.bcs~ ~DKDrizzt/scripts/DKArgang.baf~

END

BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Gives an syntax error on EXTEND_TOP. Did I miss something I have to put in? (Yes I am that dumb.)

any chance there is a list of used shouts somewhere?

Check the SHOUTIDS.IDS file. It doesn't contain many entries by default, but some mods append it and give a description to the numerical values which they use.

If I want to patch all area scripts. I can use

EXTEND_TOP_REGEXP ~AR[0-6].*bcs~ ~DKDrizzt/scripts/DKArgang.baf~

How can this code be improved, for compatibility reasons?

Remember to to include a Continue() at the end of your script block, otherwise you might disrupt the OnCreation() blocks.

Personally, I'd rather use EXTEND_BOTTOM unless it's absolutely necessary for your script block to run before the rest of the area scripts' contents.

Archived