Request: Compatibility between SCS/BG2-Tweaks

10thLich

Would it be possible to make the following components compatible with SCS' component "Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills"?

- Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)

- Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr)

Moreover Khalid has ridiculously low HP for his level(s) with "Higher HP on Level Up, Maximum". If you create a F/M with CON 17 you'd get the following HP values for his levels:

F/M:

2/1 12

3/2 19

4/3 26

5/5 35

10th

Would it be possible to make the following components compatible with SCS' component "Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills"?

- Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)

- Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr)

It is compatible, I think - just install SCS after (that component of) Tweakpack.

Confirmed in testing - Tweakpack before SCS results in appropriate behavior. And a quick note - the initial level up of the .cres in SCS appears as one set of values before settling to another set - for instance, if you let an NPC join, you need to do the level up and then close the NPC information scrreen, then if you want to add xp via CLUAConsole (for example, I always play the Jaheira and Khalid are one level higher than <CHARNAME> add it. The initial scren may have some things, like Ajantis' sword, etc., that the scrips are apparently removing, and adding trhat XP immediately to the .cre before leveling results in some very strange behaviors (like a 2/2 Jaheira with 0 proficiencies...). So when testing this out, make sure you do the L0 level up and reopen the NPC screen before doing anything else to the screen (or checking what the actual hp is showing as :) ).

In my current game, which has both Tweaks' TOB-style NPCs and SCS' level-up tweak, both Minsc and Edwin went right to level 1, with 0 experience upon levelling; I was able to assign proficiencies, but they had no experience. Earlier, when Quayle joined his experience showed up closer to the PC's level, ~3rd. Does this happen inconsistently? I hate it when NPCs you meet later end up being at a much lower level...

It's consistent, though it may not be to your liking! They get XP based on the amount of XP the main character has:

Player's XP Joining XP

0-2000 1

2001-4000 2000

4001-8000 4000

8001-16000 8000

16001-32000 16000

>32000 32000

So they should normally be within a level or so of you (at least if you're the same class).

Guest Guest_Aramyr_*

Well i tried to built up my megamod like in the Big world pdf guide. But it ended up a crash to desktop. I can use SCS component:

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills

and BGt tweaks v5:

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs

For example:when I met Jaheria i can choose her skills and have higher score of Dex. I has a "usefull" bug effect: after I choose Imoen skills she has 28 hp as a level 1 thief. My question is can this cause the CtD?

Or should I use Level 1 NPCs mod instead the first component?

Well i tried to built up my megamod like in the Big world pdf guide. But it ended up a crash to desktop. I can use SCS component:

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills

and BGt tweaks v5:

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs

For example:when I met Jaheria i can choose her skills and have higher score of Dex. I has a "usefull" bug effect: after I choose Imoen skills she has 28 hp as a level 1 thief. My question is can this cause the CtD?

Or should I use Level 1 NPCs mod instead the first component?

I think using both those components is going to give "unpredictable" results... yes, you'd probably be safer using Level 1 NPCs.

Archived