Question about ratings concerning the romances

gertjanvh

Hello lovely people :)

I've never tried out BG1Tutu, so ehm, Godspeed to me, but I just wanted to let you know where I'm coming from.

Onward to my actual question. I was wondering what rating you would give the romances you will encouter in this mod.

The IWDII NPC mod was very clear about this but I haven't been able to find this information regarding this mod as of yet.

I was just wondering wheter it is on par with, for example, Romantic Encouters, or if it is milder than that mod?

Thanks!

If you look in the Romance Guide, every romance will be rated, and I think it also lists the rating when you install. IIRC, Shar and Coran were Mature, and all the rest - Teen. As far as the comparison with the RE is concerned, I think that RE is far higher on the action description front.

from readme

"The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis's Romance Core (teen content)

This component will allow Ajantis to romance a Good or Lawful Neutral female PC. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour.

The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)

This component will allow Branwen to romance a male PC. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour.

The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)

This component will allow Coran to romance a female PC of human or elven background; solving Coran's expanded quest will effect the development of the romance, as will the PC's reactions in dialogue. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour.

The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

This component will allow Dynaheir to romance a male PC, and triggers an extension to Dynaheir's Quest. Please note that for BGT compatibility, the final set of cutscene encounters does not occur in the BGT version. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour.

The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)

This component will allow Shar-Teel to romance a male PC. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour.

The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)

This component will allow Xan to romance a female PC. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour."

I've never try Shar-Teel Relationship but Coran is milder then RE, even mark as adult content

from readme

"The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis's Romance Core (teen content)

This component will allow Ajantis to romance a Good or Lawful Neutral female PC. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour.

The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)

This component will allow Branwen to romance a male PC. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour.

The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)

This component will allow Coran to romance a female PC of human or elven background; solving Coran's expanded quest will effect the development of the romance, as will the PC's reactions in dialogue. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour.

The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

This component will allow Dynaheir to romance a male PC, and triggers an extension to Dynaheir's Quest. Please note that for BGT compatibility, the final set of cutscene encounters does not occur in the BGT version. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour.

The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)

This component will allow Shar-Teel to romance a male PC. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour.

The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)

This component will allow Xan to romance a female PC. As of this version, you must choose your preferred timing for any romances you install; the standard speed is one hour, meaning that the minimum real time between romance lovetalks is one hour."

I've never try Shar-Teel Relationship but Coran is milder then RE, even mark as adult content

Hmm, I actually did read the Romance Guide, must have been to hastily. Thanks :)

From a general perspective, there is a thread on this somewhere around here (a quick search will find it), but for what it is worth, and in my own personal (not particularly important) opinion when RE is labeled Adult, it means there are descriptive adult encounters. When the same label is applied in BG1NPC, it is referencing sophistication of theme rather than straight action/descriptors. There are very few instances in any of the materials that would cause concern on DeGrassi or DeGrassi Jr High.

If I were to rank explicitness of content and dark or very adult themes on a Likert scale from

1 (Disney Cartoon like Mulan; "The House At Pooh Corner", )

to

3 ("M*A*S*H" TV series or "Cheers"; most Pratchett/Brust novels; BG and BGII unmodified)

to

5 (9 1/2 weeks, "Lady Chatterly's Lover", the Beach Volley Ball for PS3 or whatever)

BG1NPC teen rating = 3

PPG's Flirt Pack/BG1NPC adult rating = 4

RE Adult rating = 5

Imoen Romance (Lord Mirrabo) = 6

(There are several much more in-depth and better thought out responses and opinions on this differ - please do a search, because this is just my subjective attempt to quantify several pages of discussions by the original authors. The "Cliff Notes" if you will).

From a general perspective, there is a thread on this somewhere around here (a quick search will find it), but for what it is worth, and in my own personal (not particularly important) opinion when RE is labeled Adult, it means there are descriptive adult encounters. When the same label is applied in BG1NPC, it is referencing sophistication of theme rather than straight action/descriptors. There are very few instances in any of the materials that would cause concern on DeGrassi or DeGrassi Jr High.

If I were to rank explicitness of content and dark or very adult themes on a Likert scale from

1 (Disney Cartoon like Mulan; "The House At Pooh Corner", )

to

3 ("M*A*S*H" TV series or "Cheers"; most Pratchett/Brust novels; BG and BGII unmodified)

to

5 (9 1/2 weeks, "Lady Chatterly's Lover", the Beach Volley Ball for PS3 or whatever)

BG1NPC teen rating = 3

PPG's Flirt Pack/BG1NPC adult rating = 4

RE Adult rating = 5

Imoen Romance (Lord Mirrabo) = 6

(There are several much more in-depth and better thought out responses and opinions on this differ - please do a search, because this is just my subjective attempt to quantify several pages of discussions by the original authors. The "Cliff Notes" if you will).

Well, truthfully, this small pieces of information are quite helpfull. I've tried RE, and although one rather kinky encouter in Inmesvale stretched the definition of moderately adult content, I find myself in complete agreement with your assesment.

Although I never tried Imoen's Relationship.

I still might, though I heard stories that made me favorably compare it to Immanuelle part whatever, to use a metaphore.

Archived