Just to say thanks to everyone

RbtLewis

Baldur’s Gate 2 has been like an old favorite book, or movie, that I have read, or seen countless times. I know every scene, and character, and while still impressed by the quality of the work, I’ve hesitated starting it again, because I know the story by heart – having played so many times in the past. Despite an abundance of fond memories, for a long time there has been nothing new to draw me back in. So, the game became a dusty classic sitting on my shelf. That is, until recently, when I found sites like this one.

The Baldur’s Gate series remains one of the (if not the) best CRPGs of all time. But, you can replay it just so many times, before repetition diminishes the experience. Nonetheless, it is amazing how well the overall quality of story, characters, and game holds up, even when compared to the latest offerings.

Equally amazing is the work of groups like yours, who have created and/or made available expansions, modifications, and new NPCs for this classic game. You have helped to breathe new life into a remarkable gaming experience. And, you have done it in fine fashion, with quality work.

It has been a few years since I loaded Baldur’s Gate 2, for playing; when Team BG disappeared from the Internet, I thought that the chances of seeing anything new was lost with them. It’s nice to see that the BG creative community still exists. I appreciate all the great work that has been done, and made available to us old fans of the series. I even had to smile when I again heard “You must gather your party before venturing forth.†Not to mention, of course, “Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!â€Â

Thank you! And, I hope that you stay around for a long time.

Well said! To even imagine going back playing BG or BGII without the mods.. is such a thing even possible? I would have a hard (if not impossible) time adjusting to the old un-modded game again. The mods has become a part of it.

A big thanks from me as well. I love BG, but I don't think I would still have played it if not for the mods. :)

We'll be here as long as folks keep playing!
Or as long as we keep playing BGtutu's, BGII's, BGT's or Total Convertion mods. Be sure RbtLewis, to try at least one in every category.

Sounds like I’ll be happily busy for a while. Of course, I wouldn’t much mind if the game kept going, like the Energizer Bunny.

I just finished saving some noble’s pants in Dungeon Crawl…no one said that every mod had to be serious.

I even had to smile when I again heard “You must gather your party before venturing forth.”
Of course, with Weimer's component in BG2 Tweaks here, you can shut that up too :).
Of course, I wouldn’t much mind if the game kept going, like the Energizer Bunny.
That too can be arranged (there is a mod or perhaps several mods called "Never-Ending Journey" and a whole lot of similar stuff in the "Mega-Mod" threads on shsforums if you ever get really bored and want to read/install a lot...).

Archived