Sleep spell

Salk

Absolutely :)

sleep.pro is enemies only already, so removing the hostility flag from the sleep spell isn't going to do much, other than maybe allow invisible folks a pacifistic solution to a fight. If you really want to retain it you can have sleep use a cast spell on creature effect which casts a non-hostile apply spell on condition effect which casts awaken.

And then if you actually wanted P&P rules, the awaken spell would also slay :help:

It's worth noting, by the way, that your spell which is cast on a condition won't go away by using cure sleep. You'll need to do some hackery with secondary types if that bothers you.

sleep.pro is enemies only already, so removing the hostility flag from the sleep spell isn't going to do much, other than maybe allow invisible folks a pacifistic solution to a fight. If you really want to retain it you can have sleep use a cast spell on creature effect which casts a non-hostile apply spell on condition effect which casts awaken.
Actually even by removing the hostile flag casting the spell still breaks invisibility in my game. Anyway it can be fun if sleep can be cast remaining invisible...i like the idea of having a pacifistic solution to some encounters. For the same reason i'd really like charm spell to be of some use outside combat situations.
It's worth noting, by the way, that your spell which is cast on a condition won't go away by using cure sleep. You'll need to do some hackery with secondary types if that bothers you.
Yes that's the problem i'm facing now...and i've not found a solution. It's not a big drawback but having awakened creatures immune to sleep for the duration of the previous sleep spell can be odd. :help:
And then if you actually wanted P&P rules, the awaken spell would also slay :rolleyes:
They actually implemented the coup de grace in NWN. So hot.

I think not having enemies awaken on hit for a single spell is an acceptable trade off from not getting any bonuses (or instantly slaying) sleeping enemies (only from the Sleep spell) when not in active combat.

Archived