What is your "COOL!" party size?

Domi

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think you quite understand what I mean. If you set BGII to run in 1024x768 and full-screen then the game will change your display resolution to achieve the full-screen effect. If you play in windowed mode then your display will be the same as you set it to but the window will occupy the area you specified in BGII.

I don't think you quite understand what I mean. If you set BGII to run in 1024x768 and full-screen then the game will change your display resolution to achieve the full-screen effect. If you play in windowed mode then your display will be the same as you set it to but the window will occupy the area you specified in BGII.

Oh, now I know what you mean. Yes, it makes perfect sense to me that the window itself should occupy the lower amount of space. I do know that, in full screen mode, the program changes the screen resolution to what's specified, and then returns to what the user has set as normal desktop resolution when quitting. Some games (probably older ones) have a nasty habit of not returning the screen to its usual resolution.

I'm almost tempted to play in windowed mode, just to see the difference, but I like the look of full-screen, plus I've read that running the game in windowed mode can cause problems, and I've already got more than I can handle with random CTDs.

Thanks,

Eric

Yeah, I get problems with windowed mode too. Either it won't grab my mouse properly (which makes scrolling the screen annoying) or it grabs it and never lets go until I quit. In the latter case there's not much point in playing in windowed mode and in the former case it makes playing a bit of a chore >_<

Archived