Help needed: Paladin cre can't cast spells

jastey

Hello,

I created a non-kitted paladin cre, and everything looks good - except the fact that he can't cast any spells, although they are memorised. Could someone have a look at (one of) the cre and tell me what stupidity I did wrong?

I checked the cre in game by cheating it in and taing it via Ctrl+Q into the party. I have other cres (cavalier) and they word fine.

Link: Paladin.zip

Thank you! What am I supposed to do now? Just delete those effects? Or, for a non-kitted paladin, only delete the one that disables spells? I really have no idea about what which kit / class is supposed to be able.

(I took the Tutu.cre and levelled up, so I have no idea where those effects come from.)

Inquisitors come with Turn Undead/Spell Select disabled. Normal paladins and the other kits shouldn't have any of those effects, so you'll want to remove them. I also noticed that he has a movement modifier effect (176) slowing him down to BG1 speeds that you may wish to get rid of while you're at it.

Should stealth be disabled for paladins?
Well, have you seen any bright knight's hidding in the shadows? :help:

The answer to the original question: Yes. Unless, it's a dark(fallen, evil etc.) paladin.

And remember, you need to have menu space for all the icons.(3 for weapons, 1 for turn, 1 for spells, 3 for quick items etc.)

Archived