Error in install

manwe858

This is most likely due to the multitude of item packs I have installed. Here's the install error for the cast spells from scrolls at characters level:

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 514 of 514-byte file DEITM049.ITM

ERROR: [DEITM049.ITM] -> [override/DEITM049.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DEITM049.ITM: read out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level], rolling back to previous state

It's a mace named molytyr and I can't seem to figure out where it's from at the moment.

Staf15.itm is also affecting this: Staff of Air +2

I've uploaded the two item files here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/77928926/staf15.itm.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/77928927/DeITM049.itm.html

Weidu Log can be found here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=108520

Thanks,

manwe858

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 514 of 514-byte file DEITM049.ITM

ERROR: [DEITM049.ITM] -> [override/DEITM049.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DEITM049.ITM: read out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level], rolling back to previous state

It's a mace named molytyr and I can't seem to figure out where it's from at the moment.

Not sure either. Did you try searching your install folders for the item? It might have some indexing errors that something like this might be able to fix.

oops... I guess I should've STFW'd... sorry, this is also noted in SHS forum for FR_ROV mod resurrection forum ;) . Thanks for that. I should've realized that it was other mods that do this not SCSII. Oy... I didn't realize the dimensions of inter-mod incompatibilities. I wish I had a magic wand to magically fix broken stuff in mods, since I don't know where to begin to learn how to fix this stuff. Ok, I've resolved how to learn how to program... this summer.

Thanks Nythrun.

And dive in, manwe858 - there are some cool people around here. I did, and so far they haven't tossed be off the back of the truck (though I hear mutterings occasionally about "slow learning curve" and "doesn't understand the math" and "copy and paste" ;))

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help you've all provided in my efforts to create a large install without bugs. School's starting back up; however, and I will be BG abstinent for the next half a year or so. Hopefully I'll have picked up some modding/programming experience by then, and I'll be able to help instead of just report problems. Again, thanks, good luck, have fun, and keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Manwe858

So has anyone run Nythrun's Super Happy Item Fixer on these? The staf15 is a standard item, right? Or has it been hosed by buggery introduced by another mod?
Well I got around to running Nythrun's item reordering macro on these, and it patched both deitm049.itm and staf15.itm. I compared the original and patched versions with igi's icie decompile (handy little utilities I didn't know existed for a while) but didn't see any obvious differences. However, it must've changed something due to the BUT_ONLY flag. Here are the patched items, if you want to drop them into your override. (I know you're not going to be playing for a while, manwe858, but I thought I'd get this out of the way, and maybe it'll help others too.)
So has anyone run Nythrun's Super Happy Item Fixer on these? The staf15 is a standard item, right? Or has it been hosed by buggery introduced by another mod?
Well I got around to running Nythrun's item reordering macro on these, and it patched both deitm049.itm and staf15.itm. I compared the original and patched versions with igi's icie decompile (handy little utilities I didn't know existed for a while) but didn't see any obvious differences. However, it must've changed something due to the BUT_ONLY flag. Here are the patched items, if you want to drop them into your override. (I know you're not going to be playing for a while, manwe858, but I thought I'd get this out of the way, and maybe it'll help others too.)

Thx for these files, it makes really makes the component work, I made search, and TDD and SCSII made something with the file, so I will patch it after these mods are installed.

Archived