Druid Changes

viperdan

Charm. Druids supposedly have no access to the Charm sphere. See the spreadsheet here for all the sphere assignments.

Isn't that directly contradicted by the presence of Charm Person or Mammal in the default Druid spell list? Druids, having a high Charsima requirement, are naturally suited to the Charm sphere.

Divine Remix is based on PnP rules, however, so perhaps the cause lies there.

Morrow Gate (see my signature) adds additional Charm spells to the Druid arsenal.

:)

aWL

Divine Remix is based on PnP rules, however, so perhaps the cause lies there.
Right. It could allow specific sphere access for druid kits as per the rules:
Druids in the Forgotten Realms setting have as their base spheres of access major access to the all, animal, elemental, healing, plant and weather spheres. The also have minor access to the divination sphere. Almost all druids of the Realms venerate specific deities rather than nature as a disembodied concept. These deities modify the spheres to which their druids have access, and thus the listing for spheres of access under an individual deity takes precedence over this general list. (Faiths & Avatars, p. 183)
However, druids of none of the four major deities of nature (Chauntea, Eldath, Silvanus and Mielikki) would get access to the charm sphere, even if you're playing with this rule. Charm Person or Animal is considered the animal sphere only, not the charm sphere. No one said the rules made sense, but this mod is supposed to abide by them for better or worse.

Totem Sisters of the triune elven goddess Angharradh would get access to charm, however. They have to be female moon elf druids and cannot multiclass (Demihuman Deities, p. 100). This is the only exception to the rule that I can find, and I guess it makes sense since Hanali the goddess of love is part of the trinity.

While you're here though, WL, have you tested compatibility between your mod and DR? I'm wondering what happens if you install one after the other, if there are any conflicts and if installation order makes a difference. (BTW, "not compatible" is not an answer in my book :)).

While you're here though, WL, have you tested compatibility between your mod and DR? I'm wondering what happens if you install one after the other, if there are any conflicts and if installation order makes a difference. (BTW, "not compatible" is not an answer in my book :)).

I coded Morrow Gate to be compatible with Divine Remix. However, I have very little feedback concerning whether or not I succeeded.

I'd suggest installing Morrow Gate after Divine Remix (if I coded the kit contingencies properly, Morrow Gate should detect DR when necessary, and if I coded certain other features robustly enough, DR should not prevent them from working properly). I'd welcome feedback, and I'd be willing to resolve any outstanding issues that anyone encounters.

I rather like the idea that Druids can worship nature itself rather than a deity. This is allowed by the AD&D 2E Druid Handbook, and the Forgotten Realms Faiths & Avatars supplement says that almost all (NOT all) Druids worship nature through a deity (which leaves open the possibility of no deity).

aWL

I rather like the idea that Druids can worship nature itself rather than a deity. This is allowed by the AD&D 2E Druid Handbook, and the Forgotten Realms Faiths & Avatars supplement says that almost all (NOT all) Druids worship nature through a deity (which leaves open the possibility of no deity).
Yeah, it's possible, but you'd probably have to go the "hermit" route here again because all the druids that answer to hierarchies (with archdruids, etc.) and can thus rise above level 11 or so are part of the circles that venerate the various deities. At least the known ones in Cloakwood, Tethyr and elsewhere in Faerun. I suppose there could be some "undiscovered" or underground circles that keep out of the way, but again, we're bordering on hermitage.

The druids of the Moonshaes venerated what was originally sort of vague aspect of nature and embodiment of the Isles called the Earthmother. But she turned out to be a deity after all - possibly an aspect of Chauntea and/or killed by Bhaal.

From what I know of reading the lore and such about the Forgotten Realms over at Candlekeep all Druids in the Realms receive their spells from a deity. If they happen to worship a concept and not a specific deity, then typically the deity with the closest match to that concept is the one who'd answer their prayers/requests for spells.

Of course, from the Druid's perspective while they may know (or not) that their spells come from a deity, they can still keep on worshiping the concept, since in many ways that is what the particular deities represent - concepts.

Archived