[OS X] General - can't finish Unseeing Eye quest

ericp07

Hello,

Running a party through Chapter 2 in BGII - SoA/ToB, I've done everything in the Unseeing Eye quest up to the part where we talk to the Avatar after destroying the Unseeing Eye. When the party enters the temple, the Avatar is there, but then Jaheira launches a brief dialog about progress not being as it could be. At the end of this dialog, the Avatar vanishes. If I try talking to the Avatar before the dialog begins, he has nothing to say to me, but will turn to face my character when he moves about the temple.

What can be done to correct this? I'd like to complete this quest and continue, as I'm testing Zyraen's Hidden Kits mod, with three BioWare NPCs and three of my own characters in party.

Thanks,

Eric

Yes, the somethings are the problem... What I would say is the temple would be AR0203. There is first a "Empathic Manifestation" ("Riftcr04") which gets hostile. After it is defeated, the Avatar ("RIFTG03"") appears, saying "Whoooooo walks in the temple of I? Speak of yourself, you are almost beyond the sight of I.".

It would help me if I#d knew whether I am in the right area.

That's correct (AR0204 is the rift dungeon outside, AR0203 is the temple, and RIFTG03 is the avatar).

Jaheira's dialogue is a love talk which won't have any effect on the avatar. That the avatar disappears means that there's a fat mod bug somewhere or the game is already screwed.

That's correct (AR0204 is the rift dungeon outside, AR0203 is the temple, and RIFTG03 is the avatar).

Jaheira's dialogue is a love talk which won't have any effect on the avatar. That the avatar disappears means that there's a fat mod bug somewhere or the game is already screwed.

FWIW, the other aspects of the quest performed as they should. Other aspects of the game also performed as they should, which is most welcome, as I have tons of mods installed (following the BiG World install instructions), but I don't have TuTu or BGT. I wonder if calling the avatar with the CLUAConsole:CreateCreature command would solve this, or if it would simply bring in another non-speaking avatar.

The party did defeat the empathic manifestation earlier, of course. All that remains of this quest is for the avatar to give his final speech, and remove the rod from my party.

Thanks,

Eric

If you're going to spawn the avatar, you might want to decompile his dialogue and see what conditions are needed for his intro speech, then set them manually with the console. That way you don't get the same "nothing to say" behavior.

Guest Guest
If you're going to spawn the avatar, you might want to decompile his dialogue and see what conditions are needed for his intro speech, then set them manually with the console. That way you don't get the same "nothing to say" behavior.

Oh, it's not the intro speech I need, but rather the final speech...but I suppose the same would apply. What file(s) do I need to look at for this?

I find it odd that what has happened should happen, as I fulfilled all the requirements of the quest, and have the assembled rod (that I used to defeat the Unseeing Eye) in my protagonist's inventory. I haven't yet killed Gaal and any other enemy cultists, but that shouldn't have any effect on the avatar. I've saved the game with the party inside the temple, so I can resume play once I've fixed this, if indeed it can be fixed. I'm just hoping that the only solution will not be reinstalling everything again.

Thanks,

Eric

Guest Guest

I guess it's RIFTG03.dlg.

Thanks, I'll take a look :crazyeyes:

- E

Well, shucks...checking the conditions for quest completion (XP award, etc.) in RIFTG03.dlg doesn't show me anything I don't already know, but I'm guessing there's something I could enter in the CLUAConsole to fix this issue. Is there such a command or variable to set for this?

I'm getting ready to dust off and nuke the site from orbit here, so if I can't fix the issue soon, I'll proceed to redo everything and start over again. I think I'll have to anyway, as reinstalling a couple mods has resulted in unwanted behavior (Kivan never shows up, Galoomp doesn't give his mod quest, etc.). On the plus side, Auren's text is now in English again, where it was showing up in German (along with that of a few other mods). I believe the cause was the .TRA files in the BiG World Textpack. So, when I reinstall everything, I'll ignore the Textpack files (and probably the BiG World Fixpack as well), and carry on from there.

Thanks,

Eric

Guest Eric P.

Once again, it occurs to me that another mod might be misbehaving to cause the avatar issue. I'm also unable to talk (in another new game) to the bonus merchant (whose silent sidekick is Sakaki) in the Temple District, for the first time (previously, I've been able to talk with and purchase from him). I don't know if it's because my main character in this new test game is a Lawful Good Kensai, or if there's some other issue to blame.

So it goes...re-installation will no doubt solve everything, but I'm still holding off on doing that for now.

- E

I haven't found a solution to this problem, so I'll have to restore and reinstall everything for the 200th time, and hope all works well after that *fingers crossed*

Happy gaming,

Eric

Archived