noble man not moving

jastey

I made a custom "noble man" for a small quest. What happens is that he spawns fine, his script got executed, but he doesn't move one step. The animation is "NOBLE_MAN" (I know there exists "STATIC_NOBLE_MAN" who would be unable to move, but that is definitely not the problem). His script is the following (taken from JanJansen's script after his arrest):

IF
Global("C#AjanEnderoldMove","GLOBAL",1)
See("C#AJWAC1")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	DialogInterrupt(FALSE)
	MoveToObjectFollow("C#AJWAC1")
END

IF
Global("C#AjanEnderoldMove","GLOBAL",1)
!See("C#AJWAC1")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	DialogInterrupt(TRUE)
	SetGlobal("C#AjanEnderoldMove","GLOBAL",2)
	CreateCreatureOffScreen("GARREN",5)
	MoveGlobal("AR1005",Myself,[1235.499])
END

"Garren" gets spawned, so the script gets executed, but he doesn't follow "C#AJWAC1" nor does the "GlobalMove" get executed, he just remains standing there. He turns around if spoken to, though.

Any ideas?

If he's spoken to, does his dialogue execute?

All creatures will turn if spoken to, so that isn't much of a help. And yes, I know the nobleman animation is capable of walking, because I use it for Gustav in Gavin's quest.

That the MoveGlobal() doesn't work makes me think that it might be a DV assignment issue.

That the MoveGlobal() doesn't work makes me think that it might be a DV assignment issue.
The IESDP says the action is only useful for NPCs added to the saved game file. If he's not a joined NPC, maybe use MoveBetweenAreas() instead?

Ah, thank you for the hints. I felt save using MoveGlobal() since JanJannssen hasn't joined the Party when he gets arrested, but I wasn't aware it's restricted to NPCs nontheless.

The noble man executes his dialogues, but what I don't undestand is that he doesn't walk, either.

I guess I will use a different cre, and change the MoveGlobal() command.

Archived