Xan vs Kivan

Domi

your preference  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What would Kivan do if he met up with Deheriana (that name is too blasted long!) and she rejected him? Suppose she was brought back/had not really died/whatever, and finds that he has "abandoned" her to her captors? She becomes so angry that she rejects him and throws him over completely. (I know next to nothing about Deheriana, but I tend to think little IS known about her and her personality. Kivan's view of her is likely to be skewed.) Suppose D. meets Kivan, PC, & Co., and says, "Forget you, Kivan. We are THROUGH." What would Kivan do then?

Sillara, the pondering

What would Kivan do if he met up with Deheriana (that name is too blasted long!) and she rejected him?  Suppose she was brought back/had not really died/whatever, and finds that he has "abandoned" her to her captors?  She becomes so angry that she rejects him and throws him over completely.  (I know next to nothing about Deheriana, but I tend to think little IS known about her and her personality.  Kivan's view of her is likely to be skewed.)  Suppose D. meets Kivan, PC, & Co., and says, "Forget you, Kivan.  We are THROUGH."  What would Kivan do then?

Sillara, the pondering

Continue to pursue her accross all the worlds until he could beg her forgiveness; if it were to be refused, he would never love again . . . according to the most romantic take on the character.

I still prefer the whole recovers and moves on thing, keeping her memory in his heart, but that's my storytelling preference, and I admit it is less romantic.

I will never be able to write it - someone else might, it is a solution, but I wilkl never take it. It's just... wrong, worst than "let us kill Khalid so male PC could romance Jaheira".

The mod's story is that she pleaded for his life till the end, him trying to stay conseous, because while they "worked" on him and she begged, Tazok's men did not touch her (enough entertainment) - once he finely blacks out (or dies - he does not know for sure) she is killed. They are both left for dead. Sheverash after that brings him back... he burries Deheriana and starts his hunt to earn his passage to Arvanaith. His debt to Deheriana is that he had a moment to kill her when they get surrounded and he did not.

Blackwashing of Deheriana and "kindly" PC will cheapen the whole story awfully, aside from rendering Kivan mad.

Heh, just to show that Kivan sounds false in romance -gods be good, I tried and here is what happens - he sounds wrong, wrong and worng...

Global("KiSo","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN KiSo

SAY ~When you sing, <CHARNAME>, I forget all the terrible things that have happened to me. ~ [KIVAN99]

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Then I will sing for you until my voice fails me, ranger.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KiSo","GLOBAL",2) ~ GOTO KiSo1

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~That’s the highest praise a bard can hope for.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KiSo","GLOBAL",2)~ GOTO KiSo2

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Because listening to my voice is the cruelest torture you have endured?~ DO ~SetGlobal("KiSo","GLOBAL",2) ~ GOTO KiSo3

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~That’s it for now, though. We need our sleep.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KiSo","GLOBAL",2)~ GOTO KiSo4

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo4

SAY ~Good night then, songstress.~

IF ~~THEN DO ~RestParty()~

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo2

SAY ~They say that the minstrel’s soul goes into her songs, and you have a beautiful heart, <CHARNAME>.~

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo3

SAY ~ *Smile* You are fishing for a complement, songstress. Here it is for you: they say that the minstrel’s soul goes into her songs, and you have a beautiful heart, <CHARNAME>. ~

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.5

SAY ~*Smile* I must have. I am sorry if I have offended you with this silliness. ~

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.8

SAY ~Namaarie, <CHARNAME> ar' quel fara. Farewell, <CHARNAME> and good hunting.~

IF ~~THEN DO ~LeaveParty() EscapeArea()~

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.12

SAY ~Everything. Trust me, <CHARNAME>, that should I lay with you tonight, you will not like it.~

IF ~~ THEN GOTO KiSo1.9

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.9

SAY ~<CHARNAME>...I am sure you will find a man, who will love you as strongly as you deserve to be loved.~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, yes of course I will.~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*Sigh*~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Kivan, there is no need for polite banalities. Good night.~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Do not worry about it, Kivan. You have done the right thing. As always.~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1

SAY ~I would not want you to-~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You would not want me to strain my lungs? Kivan, to bring you back to the world of living, I would give the blood from my veins...~ GOTO KiSo1.1

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I know all too well, that you do not want anything from me. Let us go to sleep before I start weeping.~ GOTO KiSo1.1

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Are you sure that you do not want a special song from me? The one whispered into your ear on the pillow?~ GOTO KiSo1.2

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Why? I am a bard and I like that my songs cheer you up!~ GOTO KiSo2

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.1

SAY ~I should have talked to you about it long ago. I have noticed how you look at me, <CHARNAME>. Am I mistaken, or are you...are you in love with me? ~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*Close your eyes and whisper* Yes, Kivan, I love you.~ GOTO KiSo1.4

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You must have gone crazy alone in the woods! ~ GOTO KiSo1.5

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I...I th-think so. Sorry. I am so sorry. ~ GOTO KiSo1.6

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I do not love you...at least I do not love you the way Deheriana must have. But on many a cold night, I laid alone watching the trembling stars and wished to share the blankets with you.~ GOTO KiSo1.7

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.2

SAY ~<CHARNAME>, I do not think that you are the type to be forward with a man you barely know.~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Are you an oak tree? Do not you have eyes? Do not you have heart? Do not you understand a single thing? ~ GOTO KiSo1.1

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You had Deheriana to love you and to love, my sweet elf. But on a cold night, do not you wish for a bit of warmth? I do, and I lay alone watching the trembling stars and wishing to share the blankets with you.~ GOTO KiSo1.7

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You know nothing, Kivan! ~ GOTO KiSo1.1

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Well, maybe I am a lightskirt. Not all of us were born deherianas... ~ GOTO KiSo1.1

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.4

SAY ~I was afraid to hear that. You know that I will never be able to love you, <CHARNAME>, but you have my friendship. Is there anything I can do for you? I will leave....~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You had Deheriana to love you and to love, my sweet elf. But on a cold night, do not you wish for a bit of warmth? I do, and I lay alone watching the trembling stars and wishing to share the blankets with you.~ GOTO KiSo1.7

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, please, leave. ~ GOTO KiSo1.8

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, you do not have to leave. I can control myself. ~ GOTO KiSo1.9

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Kiss me, Kivan...Just once...A cold friendly kiss, nothing more. ~ GOTO KiSo1.10

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Kivan, you are always so dramatic! Believe me, I see no tragedy in an unrequited love if it is directed toward a worthy man. You will never use me or mock my feelings. And I am quite grateful that my heart can love someone so deeply...so fully...~ GOTO KiSo1.15

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.6

SAY ~You need not apologize, <CHARNAME>, if it is anybody’s fault, it is mine, for not noticing earlier and not discouraging you, for I will never be able to love you. But you have my friendship. Is there anything I can do for you? I will leave....~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, please, leave. ~ GOTO KiSo1.8

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, you do not have to leave. I can control myself. ~ GOTO KiSo1.9

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Kiss me, Kivan...Just once...A cold friendly kiss, nothing more. ~ GOTO KiSo1.10

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Love for a noble man is no tragedy, even if it is unrequited. You will never use me or mock my feelings. I am grateful that my heart can love someone so deeply...so fully...so passionately. Listen to it. It says "Kivan" with every beat. *You press Kivan's palm to your chest* I am proud of my love for you.~ GOTO KiSo1.11

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.7

SAY ~Do not ask for such a thing...a wrong thing.~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~What can be wrong with being a man and a woman for once? ~ GOTO KiSo1.12

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*Cup Kivan’s face with your palms* How do you know it is wrong if you did not try it?~ GOTO KiSo1.13

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You are right of course. Sorry. Won’t happen again. Good night~ GOTO KiSo1.9

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.10

SAY ~ <CHARNAME>...*Kivan leans over intending to touch your cheek with his lips.*~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~See, it did not hurt you any. Good night, silly elf. ~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*Sigh*~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*You move your head quickly, and catch Kivan’s kiss with your lips.* Just so I remember the taste of your lips, ranger.~ GOTO KiSo1.9

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*You pull away* It was stupid of me to ask, it was insipid of me to hope, it was mad of me to dream...but you have done the right thing. As always. I have sobered up now. Good night, ranger~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.11

SAY ~ <CHARNAME>, a man will come who will put the world at your feet. ~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*Grumble* Yes, and I will have no use for him. That’s how it usually goes. ~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*Sigh* I would trade the world for one kiss...your kiss. ~ GOTO KiSo1.10

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Of course. And he will ride a white horse and wear shiny armor. You are no idiot, Kivan, so stop talking like one. ~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.13

SAY ~ <CHARNAME>, it would surprise me, if you do not know it. It would surprise me if you do not know how bitter it will taste to you, if I take you in my arms right now, and close my eyes and pretend that you are Deheriana..~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, I know. And still I want it. ~ GOTO KiSo1.14

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*Sigh* If that’s the only way you can make yourself to touch a woman.... ~ GOTO KiSo1.9

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Call me any name you want, Kivan. I love you enough for both of us...Oh...that was quite a slip of the tongue.~ GOTO KiSo1.15

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.14

SAY ~Then you do not know. I will not have you learn it from me, girl. *Kisses you on the forehead* Go sleep, <CHARNAME> and dream of new love, not of a burnt man, with little life left in him.~

IF ~~ THEN DO ~RestParty()~

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.15

SAY ~ I have not felt loved so unconditionally since Deheriana’s departure.... ~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, not since. You have never been loved like this. ~ GOTO KiSo1.16

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*Sigh* I will settle for one kiss...your kiss. ~ GOTO KiSo1.10

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~And to be loved by Kivan one has to be Deheriana.~ GOTO KiSo1.17

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.17

SAY ~I love you, <CHARNAME> as tenderly as a brother loves his sister or as a dearest friend...and maybe more than that. I love you enough to not have you learn from me how bitter it is to bed a man, whose heart is far away. *Kisses you on the forehead* Go to sleep, <CHARNAME> and dream of new love, not of a burnt man, with little life left in him.~

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.16

SAY ~ Oh, Seldarine....~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Deheriana will have you for the eternity in Arvanaith. I ask but for a single night...a single hour of love even...if she would begrudge me a night. ~ GOTO KiSo1.18

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*Sigh* I will settle for one kiss...one kiss. ~ GOTO KiSo1.10

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~ I... I did not mean to torment you like this. Won’t happen again. Good night.~ GOTO KiSo1.9

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiSo1.18

SAY ~I thought I loved you, <CHARNAME> as tenderly as a brother loves his sister or as a dearest friend. But I fooled myself. I...I simply love you and there is no denying it. ~

IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("KivanLover", "GLOBAL",1) RestParty()~

EXIT

END

//////At Waking//////////////////

IF WEIGHT #-1 ~CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY])

Global("KivanLover","GLOBAL",1)

Global("KiMA","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN KiMorning

SAY ~I could not reverie with you settled in my arms, and I could not make myself to let you out of my embrace. So I tried to sleep. When I woke...*Kivan slides his fingers through your hair* I still could not believe that it was not a dream.~ [KIVAN99]

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*You stretch lazily and kiss Kivan* That should make it real for you.~ GOTO KiMA1

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~

I woke...his head on my shoulder

I woke to hear him breath

I woke both younger and older

I woke and said: "I am his."~ GOTO KiMA2

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Than I should not let you wake. Not yet.~ GOTO KiMA3

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~If it is easier for you...let it be a dream. Neither by word nor by deed I shall hint at what has come to pass between you and me.~ GOTO KiMA4

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiMA1

SAY ~<CHARNAME>...*Kivan caresses your cheek*~

IF ~~ THEN GOTO KiMA3

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiMA2

SAY ~*Smile* So, am I making it into a song?~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Oh, I made many a sonf of you already...Listen:

A ranger walks alone,

Turned from fire to stone

One name on his lips,

One name in his heart,

He makes mine beat

And breaks it apart.

~ GOTO KiMA5

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No. I simply want to enjoy your love, without thinking how to put it in words others will understand.~ GOTO KiMA6

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*Smile back* Perhaps. Want to give me some more material?~ GOTO KiMA7

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiMA3

SAY ~Amin mela lle, sullar en amin.... I love you, my dream.~

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiMA4

SAY ~No, I will not allow you to do this yet again. Amin mela lle, sullar en amin.... I love you, my dream...and I will not hide it.~

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiMA5

SAY ~Songstress, I had been made flesh again yestereve; has your heart healed?~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I would not know. I gave it away - to someone who would keep it safer and treat it gentler than I did. *Smile* Mayhap he can give me his own so I would not die heartless?~ GOTO KiMA8

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I think that its wounds are closing but more poultice is needed. *Kiss Kivan shyly*~ GOTO KiMA3

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~The hands of the ranger are the hands of the healer. I am well now, and better than ever.~ GOTO KiMA9

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiMA6

SAY ~You are wise, for I am not the sort of man to put in the verses.~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Oh, that is not true. I sang about you before.

A ranger walks alone,

Turned from fire to stone

One name on his lips,

One name in his heart,

He makes mine bleed

And breaks it apart.

~ GOTO KiMA5

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You are wrong, but your love is too precious to me to sell it in the smoked rooms of the common inns or even in the great halls of the King’s. Let another minstrel to make a lay about us.~ GOTO KiMA3

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You are right. There is nothing about you that’s worth a decent song. *Ruffle Kivan’s hair* And you look like a mess. *Laugh* But I love you.~ GOTO KiMA3

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Ah, Kivan, I can be lazing in your arms and chatting with you for days on end, but we must go.~ GOTO KiMA9

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiMA7

SAY ~*Kivan gives you a slow kiss* Does that suffice?~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, thank you. I will try to make it through the day before begging you for more. Except maybe... *Kiss Kivan quickly and hotly on the lips* Yes, that's good.~ GOTO KiMA9

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~*You wrap your hands around Kivan* Not nearly, beloved.~ GOTO KiMA3

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiMA8

SAY ~He already did.~

IF ~~ THEN

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN KiMA9

SAY ~Then we should rise and fight our battles. But not before I take another kiss from your gentle lips.~

IF ~~ THEN

EXIT

END

I voted for Kivan, but I think you should not write anything you feel uncomfortable with writing. Besides, to me it is enough that in my imagination Kivan had a kind of romance with one of my PCs in BGI, but it ended badly, so I don't think I would need such thing in a mod.

Though romancing Xan is a thought that has never come to my mind... :) - well I hardly ever have him on the party anyway.

About the other romances - I somehow always imagined that Coran and Imoen had something going on :grin::cool: .

Archived