Feedback

Lightspeed

Continuing my way through :cool:

Issue 023

issue023.jpg

1) shouldn't that be "in my life"?

3) shouldn't that be wouldn't? - just for consistant style for PC replies :grin:

Issue 024

issue024.jpg

Could you possibly have some narrative dialog or anything after this? Just stopping the dialog and immediately going on with the game seems kinda... abrupt.

Issue 025

issue025.jpg

Another especially odd issue. Wouldn't it be a lot more logical if instead of "why are you putting vials in my pack" (he wouldn't drink them anyway? O.o) she'd mix it into his food or something :)

Also, the word "handy" seems completely off for Branwen's style. She's not Imoen :O

Issue 026

issue026.jpg

Basically the same problems as with Issue 008; although I was happy to find this dialog after there had been no talk whatsoever after the second dream (the Mulahey one).

Issue 027

issue027.jpg

Typo. "end.I" --> "end. I"

Issue 028

issue028.jpg

Uhh... IMVHO there's quite some replies missing. My PC is still sad about the loss of Gorion, and thus wouldn't answer as coolly as in 3), not to mention 1) or 2). She'd probably feel hurt and be rather whiny (due to being reminded of Gorion's death) with Coran.

Issue 029

issue029.jpg

Basically the extension of Issue 028. I like him, but I have not tricked him with answer 3).

Issue 030 - unsure if this even is a NPC project issue (?)

issue030.jpg

Did you put that Black Talon in there? I can't remember one being there with stock BG1. It's definately a new character there, theres no dialogue or whatever, so I just kinda wondered why he's there. I don't even know where he came from, if from the Tutu conversion or the NPC project. So er... if you know what the deal is, enlighten me :) It's in one of the areas south of Beregost, IIRC.

Issue 031

issue031.jpg

On this Coran-Branwen banter I definately miss some PC interactions. I'm jealous :)

Issue 032

issue032.jpg

grammar mistake. Instead of "do you gotta" I'd reccommend "d'ya have to" or "do you hafta"

Issue 033

issue033.jpg

Another grammar error. Life has no article in this case. It should simply be "Life is too short, ...."

Issue 034

issue034.jpg

Multiple issues, actually:

Get rid of the "you see coran and..." a) "you" b) "you" c) "you" style. It'd be better to have direct actions as in "*walk up to coran*" etc. Some of the answers dont even match up with the "you see coran and..." thingy. Another very important thing you missed with (nearly) all of the replies and the resulting dialogues is that you should mark ACTIONS different from actual speech. If I choose number 13 for example my character SAYS "You see Coran coming up..." while it obviously should be an ACTION. Thus, use symbols to express it as such like in "* you see Coran coming up... *". This is a problem in most of the choices and the dialogues they lead to.

Now to the replies:

2) Restrict to outdoors if you haven't already.

5) Rather have it in the way of " *Tell the party to sit down, and place yourself close to Coran....* "

8) suggestion: "* you notice Corans hood is drawn low today... *" - better than stating it as a fact IMHO. Its a PC reply after all.

11) Restrict to cities if you haven't already.

13) remove this option and add it as an extra banter/flirt. It's not like this would happen any day and most important, this is NOT THE PC's choice. If I can *make* Coran come up with wild berries theres something wrong :cool:

Issue 035

issue035.jpg

Typo. "It looks". Also in reply one - keep present tense! "could not" should be "cannot".

Also, note the missing action tags in coran's "talk" (see previous issue)

Issue 036

issue036.jpg

This needs to be rewritten in present tense to match up with all other dialogues. You accidentally wrote it in past tense. Also, threres a typo in "campfire".

General Notes:

As you can see I finally rushed through to the Cloakwood (i'm still level 4 muahaha) to get Coran into my party :) After that i'm taking my time and exploring the world as I tend to -.. It was then that I finally remembered what I was missing all along from the start. In BG2, your NPCs interact when you do any important quest-related talks. This doesnt seem to be included with any of the BG1 NPCs yet. Is this something for future releases, or do you not plan to add quest interaction for them?

Other than that, the Coran flirts and romance are really excellent, and I enjoy er..... "talking"... with him :O The only thing that struck me as a bit odd is that I'd like more flirty interactions with Coran before things get this serious - it seems a bit uh... "rushed". :grin:

As a summary I can say I don't regret having rushed through to Coran -- he's worth it :):)

Oh, before I forget. Another issue with the NPC Project:

I ported the BG1 musics and installed the NPC music pack. Now, when some banter fires, it may happen that BOTH musics play at the same time, making my head go dizzy :)

Could you stop the background music or something while yours is playing?

Thank you for commenting and I am glad that you like Coran's company. In no particular order quick answers to nits.

- Black Talon is ours - he is guarding the body on the gorund. If you'd have Kagain in the party - you would know why :) If not - he is just aggressive. He might gain new dialogues if Phase III Skie-Eldoth-Kagain big quest will be writen

- I do not think Branwen would drug Kivan without him knowing. So she leaves the descision to him

- Flirtpack should start after the "adventuring serenade" iirc; it is player's choice to decide when it is appropriate to use it - Coran is not the type to say that "it's too fast"

- I disagree on your suggestion re: the direct actions as opposite to "you" style. I find the "direct actions" style impersonal and less appealing. Same with descriptive bits. I want variance in the flirts, not "kiss, hug, shag" Not sure why 11 should be restricted to cities? You have a backpack full of the bounty notices from all of the assassins.

- I do not want to include "Gorion's dead" in every PC conversation in the mod as you seem to propose... some NPCs talk about it with PC - and some do not.

- Well, Coran's banters with every female NPC in the party are designed to make PC jelouse; the amount of "playful talks" with other women is reduced when Coran follows good path. He flirts as he breathes. PC has 2 or 3 jelousy talks per romantic path and can poison Coran if she so wishes in one of the pathes - over other women. So if he really gets to you with his womanizing that will be your chance to make a scene :cool:

- yes, that's what Phase II is all about - interjections and scenery dialogues - ie NPCs commenting on the game's events.

- I do not think Branwen would drug Kivan without him knowing. So she leaves the descision to him

Exactly, that's why she would rather tell him to drink them instead of "putting them into his pack" without him noticing. (which is what the current dialogue seems to tell IMHO)

- Flirtpack should start after the "adventuring serenade" iirc; it is player's choice to decide when it is appropriate to use it - Coran is not the type to say that "it's too fast"

Is it? Hmmz.

- I disagree on your suggestion re: the direct actions as opposite to "you" style. I find the "direct actions" style impersonal and less appealing. Same with descriptive bits. I want variance in the flirts, not "kiss, hug, shag" Not sure why 11 should be restricted to cities? You have a backpack full of the bounty notices from all of the assassins.

Well, keep the "you" style if you want, but make the replies match up the title line. Also (as I said) make sure to distinguish actions (i.e. *You look at Coran...*) from actual dialogue (How's Coran doing today). It's kinda confusing if you dont see what's an action and what a dialogue option at first glance. It's done this way with the other dialogues as well, so it would only be consistant if it were like this here, too.

Bout the bounty notices: Not me, I sell them all with the merchants (yes, it IS possible to sell them :cool: ). Makes for a free inventory. Just to be sure i'd restrict it to cities.

- I do not want to include "Gorion's dead" in every PC conversation in the mod as you seem to propose... some NPCs talk about it with PC - and some do not.

I'm not talking about EVERY conversation, just about these specific ones. Heck, Coran wouldn't even have to go into that thing. As you said, some NPCs dont talk about it with the PC, but should that prevent the PC from saying something about it? I just feel it needs to be there for completion, since we probably all agree that all of the major fields should be covered with replies.

- Well, Coran's banters with every female NPC in the party are designed to make PC jelouse; the amount of "playful talks" with other women is reduced when Coran follows good path. He flirts as he breathes. PC has 2 or 3 jelousy talks per romantic path and can poison Coran if she so wishes in one of the pathes - over other women. So if he really gets to you with his womanizing that will be your chance to make a scene :)

Hehe. I'll watch out for this :)

- yes, that's what Phase II is all about - interjections and scenery dialogues - ie NPCs commenting on the game's events.

Excellent :grin:

Exactly, that's why she would rather tell him to drink them instead of "putting them into his pack" without him noticing. (which is what the current dialogue seems to tell IMHO)

Er... he knows it so she obviously does not do it in secret; I still fail to see what's the problem.

Is it? Hmmz.

He should have a simple quick question-answer sequence in the beginning; if not - I will need to look into it.

I just feel it needs to be there for completion, since we probably all agree that all of the major fields should be covered with replies.

You mean, he compliments him/her on being young and daring and s/he starts crying that in fact s/he is poor and lonely and unfortunate? Yakes. That's definetly never crossed my mind. I'll put it in with the cut off on Coran's romance :)

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Might have quite some hilarious responses from Coran :)

Anyway, discovered another problem. If you're romancing Coran, but have not yet completed his quest, he will still leave you if you run out of time. (duh, I had to set the timer up) It's doubtful he would leave his love interest just for some stupid wyvern reward.

He would probably annoy the hell out of you to do his quest, but not just leave you.

Archived