Feedback

Lightspeed

(old post with warning on FW... lol)

Let's go:

Issue 001

issue001.jpg

- Check the grammar

- When this dialogue appears, Gorion has been slaughtered just some hours before. Is it just me, or is there A LOT of dialog options missing? I mean, imagine your father has been killed just a couple of hours ago. You'd neither be fine, nor would you be likely to give any of those answers (unless you're an evil character). I'd expand the range of answers here.

Issue 002

issue002.jpg

Imoen-Montaron banter. I got this banter (initiated by Imoen) a short while after Montaron joined my party. It's a bit funny Imoen speaks about him "acting cruelly" when he a) has not done ANYTHING yet (just walked a bit around with us), and b) has not even TALKED with anyone yet. If you want Imoen to rant about his cruelty, you should probably include some encounter or montaron initiated banter beforehand, so she might actually experience his attitude. Unlike the player, Imoen should not be able to read the character sheet with the alignment.

Issue 003

issue003.jpg

- The guy is/was named Tarnesh

- Have her walk to his dead body or something. It's just odd that he drops dead, and before I even get the chance to walk up to him and search his body, this banter pops up. Imoen hasn't even been close to him lying around there. Alternatively, why not include his spellbook as an item, and initiate the banter if you give Imoen the item into her inventory?

Issue 004

issue004.jpg

Eh, what can I say. Restrict this to resting outdoors. It's very unlikely he'll cook anything in the Friendly Arm Inn. (which is exactly what happened for me :groucho: )

General notes so far:

I think Imoen's lower-class dialect is a bit exaggerated compared to the original. It's good it's there, but it's just an inch too much, IMHO.

Stay tuned, there'll be (much) more.

Issue 1 - do not have control over options - Blucher's text. Please post the individual grammatical error in the typo threads

Issue 2 - I can put th etimer on both Imoen and Montaron joining in the party for whatever days they had been together, but seriously, would that guarantee that Monatron had done something evil already? He just do what you, PC command. I do not think it will achieve a better degree of realism

Issue 3 - I will include an item

Issue 4 - done

Issue 1 - do not have control over options - Blucher's text. Please post the individual grammatical error in the typo threads

Well, this isn't aimed at you, but the team in general.

Issue 2 - I can put th etimer on both Imoen and Montaron joining in the party for whatever days they had been together, but seriously, would that guarantee that Monatron had done something evil already? He just do what you, PC command. I do not think it will achieve a better degree of realism

Well, you could always create some short encounter or whatever to show off Monties evil attitude :groucho:

Either that, or have him boast of some evil deeds from his pasts before that.

Well, Jinnai added a large dialogue at Gorion's body for Phase II with plenty of angst, so it will take care of the first issue. As for Montaron showing his evilness, I will shift the dialogue after the one when Montaron asks Imoen to help him to bleed the squarel for dinner.

Second day-of-play

Issue 005

issue005.jpg

Imoen isn't going shopping. The party stays together anyway, so it could be wise to change that to "we".

Even better would be something like "Can we go shopping after that? Oh, come on *please*!" with Imoen's typical childish way :grin:

Issue 006

issue006.jpg

You can change Imoen's colours (and I do, for one.). :O

Once again, more replies would be nice here, as I feel severely limited with the answers i'm given.

Issue 007

issue007.jpg

Travelling down to Beregost, both Kivan and Imoen fired their dialogue at the same time (i.e. immediately after the other one had finished). This is a bit un-natural. Have some time in-between, so it seems more natural.

Issue 008

issue008.jpg

You might want to write out that "*relate your dream*" part. I know, it sounds like useless typing, but theres QUITE DIFFERENT ways to relate your dream to her (evil/good, etc.) :). Also, this part should be expanded, as the dreams are quite a fundamental part of the game. So, puhleaze. Write this part out ;)

Of course, you can never have *all* replies in there, but you should have at least one very emotional way of telling your dream, one rather neutral one, and one that can hardly be called 'telling', but rather 'ranting about'. Might just be me, but I'd like some more focus/detail here :)

Issue 009

issue009.jpg

Second reply. I don't think its so 100% certain. You probably should fill in some "I think I can" "I have the feeling I can" etc. in there. After all, CHARNAME hasn't tried yet :)

Issue 010

issue010.jpg

Is that "ROT" on purpose (in which case I dont understand it) or is it a typo?

Issue 011

issue011.jpg

Dynaheirs 'prophecy' talk. Why would they disagree with my choices? I have been pretty lovely to all my companions. "wilst" is used in a wrong way - it should be "shalt" or "will". "wilst" or actually "whilst" means "while". If you did this on purpose to portray Dynaheirs style of talking ignore this.

Issue 012

issue012.jpg

The hill is probably sacred. Not scared. Righty-o? :p

Issue 013

issue013.jpg

Kivan-Imoen banter. The start of the banter doesn't make sense as it is. As the initiative seems to come from Imoen (How may I assist?) she should initiate the banter. Simply add a line for Imoen like "Err.. Kivan?" before everything (and alter Imoens second line (i.e. Oh, its nothing), then) you have now and it will be fine. Alternatively, change Kivans line to something like "Why are you staring at me like this Imoen?" or "Why do you always look at me like that Imoen?" or something similar.

Issue 014

issue014.jpg

Now, this one is completely personal taste, but I would remove "an ugly sight" and replace it with some action - i.e. "*shudders*" followed by something like "... it was terrible/horrible.". Seems more realistic, IMHO.

Also i'd format it differently. Put the sentence up to the first chunk (after "Tazoks men.") and leave the second paragraph entirely to the "Yet I can.." sentence. This way, the paragraphs would be more synchronized with the context/message that Kivan wants to bring across.

I'd reccommend to change the last sentence too because I would hardly call a dexteritry of 17 "lost agility". Something like "are not quite the same as they were anymore" would be more suitable, I guess. I'd put in one or two more sentences about it too.

As I said, this one's only personal taste, though. :cool:

General Notes on this part:

Imoen's dialect got considerably weaker, which doesn't match up with the first of her lines. It's much better this way though. Read through her lines at this point of time, and 'weaken' the dialect on her first interactions and banters to what it is now. It simply fits up better with stock BG1, and makes Imoen's talk more fitting (and thus, more fun to read).

Why would they disagree with my choices? I have been pretty lovely to all my companions

It is reputation dependent. If it was higher they both would have been kinder in their discussion of PC. :)

Thank you for noticing the typos! Will add them to the fix-list for Phase II

I noticed a few things in that lot myself :)

"Daoine Teague Feer is a celebration of Shilmista and my people love for it." - shouldn't that be "my peoples' love for it" or "the love my people have for it"?

"that one can almost touch the stars from atop of it." - I don't think "atop of it" is quite right; it should be either "from the top of it" or "atop it's peak".

"Uhm? Oh, no, it's nothing. Only...Only I caught a glance" - the second 'only' shouldn't be capitalized.

the second only HAS to be capitalized. However, after the three fullstops "..." there will have to be a space.

This is a common mistake in the BG1 NPC mod, you could probably fix it with a "find and replace" type of action.

replace "..." with "... ", as "I don't know...We should..." is a mistake and "I don't know... We should..." is the correct form. However, that's just VERY VERY minor beauty issues, so I doubt its even worth the time to do the replacing :)

The ... is something I fix whenever I see it; the trouble is that if I open all files and repace all ...with ... I am going to get a few ... with 2 spaces behind them... which sort of defeats the purpose :) unless of course I do replacement of: ...a ...b etc with ... a ... b I'll welcome anyone who'd volounteer to do it for the Phase II

on the find/replace:

do a find/replace "..." with "... " (ie, three periods with three periods and a space)

and then a find/replace " " with " " (ie, two spaces with one space).

i end up having to do this quite often (bloody ppl taught to type with typewriters :) ) and it works a treat. whether you can be bothered or not is a completely different question...

Guest Guest
Is that "ROT" on purpose (in which case I dont understand it) or is it a typo?

The "ROT!" on Xzar's part is an expression of disbelief/contempt for Khalid's view. Think of it as if Xzar had shouted "RUBBISH!".

Issue 015

issue015.jpg

Dynaheir talking. "ye" seems out of line for her. Dynaheir would more likely use "thee" in this case.

Issue 016

issue016.jpg

This line was a bit ironic, as I do not have Minsc with me. You probably should do an in-party check, or something.

Issue 017

issue017.jpg

Once again, Dynaheirs style of speech doesn't seem to fit up.

Issue 018

issue018.jpg

Shouldnt this be "in fact" instead of "in truth"?

Issue 019

issue019.jpg

You'll have to put some more work in this. You've failed to notice one problem this might cause....

Imoen is a multi classable character.

See, the problem is.... Imoen IS a wizard (at this point of time) in my group. You could probably use most parts of the written dialog, but would have to fix some things if she was mage-multiclassed.

Issue 020

issue020.jpg

Same issue, actually. She's a level two mage, after all!

Issue 021

issue021.jpg

Once again, "wilst" is the problematic word. (see Issue 011)

Issue 022

issue022.jpg

Kivans PC interactions are brilliant. The first ones were okay, but the further ones I'm having now (bout the forest of shadows n' all) are really excellent. This is exactly the quality you should aim for throughout the whole mod :)

There's this little issue with the dialog on the screenshot, though. You'll probably see it yourself :cool:

If you choose the replies in a specific way, you make Kivan say the same thing twice ("somehow I feel you are given a strange power to judge people and their deeds. I wish I knew the source of this power"). The first time he says it during the dialog (if you choose one specific reply), and he'll say it (again) on the last dialog stage. You should probably include a check that prevents him from saying it twice, or get rid of one of them altogether.

Issue 018

issue018.jpg

Shouldnt this be "in fact" instead of "in truth"?

I think it would be better as "Fear not" or "I pledge", as it seems to be a declaration of intent. Of course, Branwen is speaking Common as a second language, so maybe it's just something she picked up. :)

Re Issue 011/021: I think the accepted spelling for the meaning Domi wants is "wiltst".

Re Issue 022: "* stifle a yearn *"--"yawn" perhaps?

Re Issue 018: I think "In truth" works fine.

Re Issue 015: I agree, usually "ye" is the common usage form of "thee"--different dialects if you will. In BG terms this means dwarves use it (with a scottish accent). :) Also "thy" should be "thine" here, I believe.

Archived