BG2 Tweaks bug

Guest Questioner

Guest Questioner

I just discovered this site, uninstalled Baldur's Gate SoA/ToB since I had the old Baldurdash bugfix, reinstalled the game, downloaded the bugfix here, and it went in fine. When I downloaded the BG2 Tweaks mod, it decided to alternate between "BG2 Tweaks has encountered a problem and has to close" and the following DOS lines:

[setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe] WeiDU version 20200

{Setup-bg2fixpack.exe} Queried (pid = 1892) version = 20400 query done.

Newest WeiDU is version 20400, updating!

WeiDU files in version order:

Then an infinite loop of:

Copying [setup-bg2fixpack.exe] -> [setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe]: false

[setup-bg2fixpack.exe] WeiDU version 20400

Auto-Updating on behalf of [setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe]

Copying [setup-bg2fixpack.exe] -> [setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe]:

Auto-Updating on behalf of [setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe] (done)

[setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe] WeiDU version 20200

{Setup-bg2fixpack.exe} Queried (pid = 1604) version = 20400 query done.

Newest WeiDU is version 20400, updating!

WeiDU files in version order:

[setup-bg2fixpack.exe] version 20400

[setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe] version 20200

I tried re-downloading the BG2 Tweaks mod, to no success. Can anybody tell me what's going wrong? I have no other patches, beyond the official one that was put in before the BG2 Bugfix you guys have.

It's not a fixpack thing, it's because the Weidu just can't cope with Auto-Updating... you can solve this by downloading the last Weidu.rar and copy the Weidu.exe from it, and rename it to the mod of your choice...eg. Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe.

Although, if you just close the the looping doswindow, it should solve the problem too, so just restart the exe again.

Guest Questioner
It's not a fixpack thing, it's because the Weidu just can't cope with Auto-Updating... you can solve this by downloading the last Weidu.rar and copy the Weidu.exe from it, and rename it to the mod of your choice...eg. Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe.

Although, if you just close the the looping doswindow, it should solve the problem too, so just restart the exe again.

Closing the looping window doesn't work, it just goes back to the looping.

I downloaded the newest WeiDU I could find, version 208, and tried that new name, plus Setup-BG2_Tweaks-v6.exe and neither worked. Could somebody feed me a step by step guide, or am I just SOL?

Just my 2c here, but at one time an older version of WeiDu had some type of file that could interfere with the installation. I don't remember its name, but that might be a problem. If it's on your machine, just delete it. Also, there should be a file called weidu.log. It may give a clue as well.

Otherwise, I can only suggest what the others have - copy the newest version of the WeiDU.exe, rename it to the name of the setup file and replace the "old" setup file and then execute.

If it had worked properly to begin with, you should have seen the DOS command window open up, then a statement to the effect that it needed to update/was updating the old versions of your various WeiDu mods to the new version and then it would say to install the mod after the current DOS window closes. Then the next time you run the setup of the mod, it would display the WeiDu version and begin installation, IIRC :fish:

Sorry can't help any further.

Good luck,

John

Guest Questioner

I tried deleting the .bat and replacing the setup, but it won't let me edit the mod. Do I need a special program to be able to edit it?

Guest Questioner
I tried deleting the .bat and replacing the setup, but it won't let me edit the mod. Do I need a special program to be able to edit it?

Cancel that, I was being an idiot and didn't think to try it in the main directory. Works now, did not have to delete the .bat, just had to replace the .exe with a more current one.

Thanks all!

Archived