Tutu thoughts

Shaitan

Hi!

So far I've had only two things

1: Healing is instantaneous which is sweet, but more powerfull. Having cure medium wounds at level two is nice also.

2: Contagion is eeeevil now, as I'm too low level for cure disease and the temple in Nashkel don't do cure disease (or atleast the contagion disease thrown on Imoen). I'll beg for mercy in one of the other temples...

Too early for me with arcane spells as I only now aquired Xan.

Regards

Thanks, I quite need some feedback to know how spells perform in BG1 because I've done some work on this matter but more may be needed as vanilla's BG2 spells (and kits too by the way) were originally created with mid-high level characters in mind instead.

1: Healing is instantaneous which is sweet, but more powerfull. Having cure medium wounds at level two is nice also.
Cure Wounds spells have casting time proportioned to their level: Cure Light Wounds has casting time 1, Medium has 2, Serious 3, Critical 4, Mass Cure 5, and Heal takes a full round to cast. I've also made all these spells improve with levels exactly because of player's feedback about about how they performed in BG1. I hope you like both changes.

2: Contagion is eeeevil now, as I'm too low level for cure disease and the temple in Nashkel don't do cure disease (or atleast the contagion disease thrown on Imoen).
Yeah, Contagion is finally an effective spell, are you suggesting it's too powerful for BG1? By the way, its counter-spell, Cure Disease, is of the same level, thus if you're facing this spell without having its cure it means you're facing monsters more powerful than you and not common foes.

P.S I do have to play BG1 sooner or later, having only played BG2 considering a 3rd level spells very frightening surely intrigues me. :)

Thanks, I quite need some feedback to know how spells perform in BG1 because I've done some work on this matter but more may be needed as vanilla's BG2 spells (and kits too by the way) were originally created with mid-high level characters in mind instead.

Cure Wounds spells have casting time proportioned to their level: Cure Light Wounds has casting time 1, Medium has 2, Serious 3, Critical 4, Mass Cure 5, and Heal takes a full round to cast. I've also made all these spells improve with levels exactly because of player's feedback about about how they performed in BG1. I hope you like both changes.

Yeah that's is very good.

2: Contagion is eeeevil now, as I'm too low level for cure disease and the temple in Nashkel don't do cure disease (or atleast the contagion disease thrown on Imoen).
Yeah, Contagion is finally an effective spell, are you suggesting it's too powerful for BG1? By the way, its counter-spell, Cure Disease, is of the same level, thus if you're facing this spell without having its cure it means you're facing monsters more powerful than you and not common foes.

Hmm I'll have to chech again then as I didn't notice any cure disease in my clerics spellbook.

I can warmly recommend BG1 via Easytutu.

I can but agree completely with Miloch.

Baldur's Gate is a far superior game (for me, at least).

Not to mention that the expansion for BG is also far better than the one for BG 2.

The only thing the sequel and its expansion are really superior in (and of course it's not little) is the engine which permits a more sophisticated modding work. That and, for people interested, banters of course.

P.S I do have to play BG1 sooner or later, having only played BG2 considering a 3rd level spells very frightening surely intrigues me. :devil:

Yes Mulahey is a 2nd chapter endboss. FYI no temples offers cure disease :) Can a scroll be added somewhere? or would you rather go with a reload?

Edit: no such scrolls...

Edit2: BTW you changed the Zone of Sweet Air, so couldn't you update that loadtext regarding Zone of Sweet Air?

Whaaaa...? You haven't played BG1?

Well what are you waiting for? BG2 is crap! :)

I feel guilty for it, but I'm not being able to actually play for at least two years, I?ll do it as soon as I can to make amend!
FYI no temples offers cure disease ??? Can a scroll be added somewhere? or would you rather go with a reload?
I suppose you haven't a priest who can cast 3rd level spells, both clerics and druids have Cure Disease with SR.
BTW you changed the Zone of Sweet Air, so couldn't you update that loadtext regarding Zone of Sweet Air?
What do you mean by "loadtext"?

Druid level two spells has certainly become better, now with both cure medium wounds and improved barkskin. Nice
Indeed! :devil: Charm Person/Animal and Flame Blade aren't so bad either now, especially at low-mid levels.

You know the text written on the screen while you load, save or are in the middle of an area transition :)

Edit: Concerning Barkskin, perhaps the duration can be lowered somewhat, not making it overpowered for BG1 :devil:

Edit: Concerning Barkskin, perhaps the duration can be lowered somewhat, not making it overpowered for BG1 :)
Oh, that reminds me Demivrgvs. Did you change Free Action's duration from 1 turn + 1 round per level to 1 turn per level? Seems a bit too much of an unnerf for BG1, maybe even more so for BG2. I know it's from PnP, but game time and PnP time are two different things.
You know the text written on the screen while you load, save or are in the middle of an area transition :)
I never payed attention to it, anyway I suppose it takes only a string text editing, will do.
Edit: Concerning Barkskin, perhaps the duration can be lowered somewhat, not making it overpowered for BG1 :devil:
Oh, that reminds me Demivrgvs. Did you change Free Action's duration from 1 turn + 1 round per level to 1 turn per level? Seems a bit too much of an unnerf for BG1, maybe even more so for BG2. I know it's from PnP, but game time and PnP time are two different things.
Yes, I've taken both spells duration from PnP (which is 1turn/level in 2nd edition and 10min/level in 3rd edition), thus my changes are correct with BG game-time too if we compare them to 3rd edition. ??? Anyway, if you do think it makes these spells too powerful I may do something about it: restoring 1turn + 1round/level or making them last 2rounds/level.
I never payed attention to it, anyway I suppose it takes only a string text editing, will do.

Thanks!

Yes, I've taken both spells duration from PnP (which is 1turn/level in 2nd edition and 10min/level in 3rd edition), thus my changes are correct with BG game-time too if we compare them to 3rd edition. ??? Anyway, if you do think it makes these spells too powerful I may do something about it: restoring 1turn + 1round/level or making them last 2rounds/level.

1 turn + 1 round/lvl sounds fine, it's still powerfull, but imo much better suited for BG1 games. If you ever played IWD2 it was a must with a druid solely because of Barkskin. Perhaps it could be made "caster only"?

1 turn + 1 round/lvl sounds fine, it's still powerfull, but imo much better suited for BG1 games.
I agree. 2 rounds/level is too weak, and 1 turn/level is surely too long in gameplay terms, once you get higher than level 2 or so anyway.

Ok, most of you prefer to reduce its duration. Anyway I don't understand why you consider PnP duration to be so powerful, especially considering vanilla's Death Ward and Chaotic Commands already had the same duration (1 turn/level) and nobody complained about it. :)

Not to mention the uber-12 hours-Stoneskin! I've reduced its duration to "only" 8 hours and some players complained about it. I think these changes are more a matter of tastes and "playing fair", rather than balancing spells.

Archived