Magic Missile fun

Grand_Dracolich

I thought up a meaninless trick, today, while bored, involving the Robe of Vecna, Magic Missiles, Improved Alacrity, the Spell Sequencers and Edwin.

If you load up the three Sequencer spells with Magic Missiles, cast Improved Alacrity (thus, removing any kind of delay between them), and unload any memorized Magic Missiles and stored Sequencers, that kind of damage could really add up.

If memory serves, Edwin, by the time he can cast Improved Alacrity, has 9 or so first level spells, but I'll say 7 just to underestimate. The Robe of Vecna allows instant casting of Magic Missile, and with Improved Alacrity and the Sequencers (8 Magic Missiles total), we're easily looking at, at least, 15 castings of Magic Missiles (75 missiles at 2-5 damage each). That's 150-375 damage almost instantly, if done correctly, and even Firkragg has only about 250 health.

Would this be a feasable trick to use against some of the bosses in ToB? I know a lot of them have some pretty high magic resistance, but 150-375 damage in 2-5 damage increments is a lot to resist. I haven't tried it, personally, for fear of my (integrated) video card imploding, and the fact that I haven't played up to ToB (or even used Edwin) in a long, long while.

And hey, let's not forget Lower Resistance, and any other mages you can take along :). A friend of mine, also, wanted to modify Magic Missile to remove (or at least increase) the level cap on it, so that's a whole lot more missiles.

If memory serves, Edwin, by the time he can cast Improved Alacrity, has 9 or so first level spells, but I'll say 7 just to underestimate.
Get yourself the two Ring's of Wizardry and that quite lot more. :)

And you can also use the amulet of power to get the same effect as the robe with Magic Missiles.

I reckon this would do an appreciable amount of damage to most bosses, combined with Lower Resistance it would be awesome. I've always been a fan of streams of magic missiles to do decent damage over time, though I've tended to use them as a way of disrupting enemy casting.

Archived