Hildury issue

Cal Jones

Sorry I've not been over here for a while, nor have I loaded up IWD2 in several months. I'm not sure of the talk value - I would have to know the entire string before inputting it.

(On the subject of NWN2, it won't run on my PC, so I won't be trying any of your NWN2 mods, I'm afraid. NWN2 is an odd beast - too demanding for older PCs, yet flakey when it comes to multiple processors in the new ones. More trouble than it's worth, IMHO).

Oh, too bad. I see NWN2 as the only viable hobby game-making tool on the market today to be honest. I will see what DA has to offer, but it sounds like you can't do areas easily in DA, so yeah, that would be a problem...

I'm consoling myself with Kivan at the moment. :thumbsup:

Truth be told, though, I am getting a little bored with BGII - though that's unsurprising given I've played through it at least 10 times this year, trying out different mods. The mods are nice, but you still have to grind through the same old dungeons!

Heh yes, will need a new PC for that, though! I upgraded the RAM on my old warhorse and can play stuff like Jade Empire and Oblivion, but the graphics card just won't cut it for NWN2 (it's a GeForce 6200 and doesn't have the shader technology NWN2 requires). Whilst I could upgrade the graphics card, the processor isn't really good enough for DA, Fallout 3 and so forth, so it seems a bit pointless when I'm looking at a new PC in the near future. Well fairly near...it being a recession, and all that! (Bah...)

My machine turned 5 years old at the beginning of last month. Thanks to some minor upgrading (which I think also caused a small problem with the sound card), it can run NWN2, but it eats hard drive space like crazy to do so. Plus in the short time I did have it installed, I took one look at the toolset and went running for the hills. :worship: It looked way too confusing for me.

So I think I'll just stick to BG2 and NWN until my comp goes under. :p

Archived