BG1 Tweaks

grogerson

I was going to suggest the test you just posted. Good to know.

As for the Ajantis/Viconia event, Ajantis is different from the rest of the conflicts. ANY evil NPC can receive his zeal for righteousness it seems. Instead of a GLOBAL that kicks out the two in conflict, his response is based on a random chance (1 in 10) to attack [MASK_EVIL]. I think it was intentional - he is a paladin, after all - but it also allows the player to intervene in any conflict he creates. I presume Vicci responded in kind to his action from your information.

I'm not sure how to fix this, and I'm not sure I want to. Still...

Actually either she didn't respond in kind, or she missed...

By the way I would like to request a Tweak: making magical large shields change their color to match the character's color, the way mundane shields do. A friend of mine forgoes using +1 large shields specifically because they make all his characters using them look the same, whereas mundane shields, for only 1 AC less, match the character color and make the overall appearance much nicer and help to distinguish the characters. The shields are large and flat enough that their color dominates the overall color appearance of the character most of the time, especially if the characters are wearing identical types of armor (plate mail, ankheg plate etc) and having the shields all look tan makes the characters look even more similar to each other and aggravates the problem.

I could see them making magic shields have set colors if they glowed, or pulsed, or something like some magic weapons do, but a dull tan doesn't seem to justify having a fixed color for them.

I could see them making magic shields have set colors if they glowed, or pulsed, or something like some magic weapons do, but a dull tan doesn't seem to justify having a fixed color for them.

I'm doing some updates on the mod now, and this seems like a good idea. My problem is I'm not that good with code and adding or changing effects is beyond me right now. Give me some time to work it out, though...

I am new to computers and am trying to dowload a BG1 tweak but nothing is going right I try to run the file but there is no setup bg1 tweaks exe file when I try to run the setup file that is there it says it cannot be opened what do i want to use to open it I have no idea what it wants can someone help me please?

When you download the program, place the mod in your BG folder and extract there. You should have two new items in the directory, a folder titled BG1Tweaks and a file named setup-bg1tweaks.exe. Double click the .exe file to install.

If, for some reason, you have the folder but not the .exe, copy the .exe from another WeiDU mod and rename it setup-bg1tweaks.exe.

Something else to consider is where you have installed your game. Windows XP and later - *don't* install to C:\Program Files. Windows "protects" anything installed there, making installation of mods impossible.

I am using windows 7 and everything worked fine for me.

i downloaded the self executing exe file found here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=693

click the green download button, note where you saved it, double click on the file in windows explorer.

the file will run and ask you where you'd like to extract and then install the mod. select your game install.

when it is finished extracting files it will start to install.

I must be doing something wrong because I save it to MyGAMES\Black Isles\ Baulders Gate but the exe file still doesn't show up in the baulders gate file. When I click on the set up file that does appear. I get a window that shows the exe file is there but wont run. I must not uderstand what should be done.

@ Ravensclaw - do you know where your downloaded file is, and how to move it to a different directory or drive? You need to extract the download directly into the BG1 game directory - this is your Infinity Engine game directory. Then run the setup-bg1tweaks.exe file that should be there.

I dont know what you mean by downloaded file?

BG1Tweaks.exe from the download site. It's a single file archive until you extract the components within - a folder titled bg1tweaks and file titled setup-bg1tweaks.exe. Check post #52 above by plainab for a little different take. I may not be stating things clearly for you, where he might do better...

Hey Grogerson,

Interested in an updated version of this: Friendly Arm Inn Container Restoration (Ascension64) (Baldur's Gate without Tales of the Sword Coast only)

I know the code works, but now there is this nifty function now part of WeiDu which in a lot less lines of code can do the same thing. I'll do the code update if you want... just let me know.

Hey Grogerson,

Interested in an updated version of this: Friendly Arm Inn Container Restoration (Ascension64) (Baldur's Gate without Tales of the Sword Coast only)

I know the code works, but now there is this nifty function now part of WeiDu which in a lot less lines of code can do the same thing. I'll do the code update if you want... just let me know.

Sounds good. Less code, easier handling, less bloat. I'd appreciate it.

Archived