Nashkel: winterwolf pelts

Leomar

Something was not clear by the merchant in Nashkel with the winterwolf pelts. So I posted it at shsforum first, but 10th has find out, that SCS makes changes for the merchant in this way, that you can only sell one winterwolf pelt. I like this and match with the dialog of the merchant. But in this case there are some misunderstandings. Following is the post from the shsforum:

If I talk with the merchant in Nashkel he tells me that he wants a winterwolf pelt. An quest entry is added into the journal. After I've bring him the winterwolf pelt, the entry in the journal is not deleted or not moved to the solved entries. Additional if I've no winterwolf pelt in my inventory anymore, the merchant tells me his first talk again (but the merchant has only interest in one winterwolf pelt and he has get it before).

If SCS changes, that one can only sell one winterwolf pelt, then must the journal entries changes too, so the gamer knows, that the quest is solved, otherwise it's confusing. The same with the first dialog which the merchant gives, if you have none winterwolf pelt after you has give him one.

The easiest way for the quest entry will be, if you make it a normal entry in the journal (left down), so you have not write a new text for it. For the first dialog of the merchant I think the best is to delete the text of the winterwolf pelt after he has get one.

Greetings Leomar

I got the correct entries and dialog. He said something along the lines of "I have a buyer for a pelt" and it went smoothly when I brought him a pelt. The next time I talked to him with a pelt in the inventory he said "that's a fine pelt, but sadly I don't have anymore buyers lined up. Try closer to civilization."

Though this might of course be down to an entirely different mod...

I got the correct entries and dialog. He said something along the lines of "I have a buyer for a pelt" and it went smoothly when I brought him a pelt. The next time I talked to him with a pelt in the inventory he said "that's a fine pelt, but sadly I don't have anymore buyers lined up. Try closer to civilization."

Though this might of course be down to an entirely different mod...

That's the way it's supposed to work, for sure.

Looking into this more, it looks like there's a fix in BGT here that I'm not allowing for: the BGT version of the dialog has an extra block not present in TUTU or vanilla BG. Will fix.

Hi!

I'm happy user of SCS and I want to thank you for your work!

Just want to report one small bug. In my install with BGT 1.18 and SCS 21 at completion of this "quest", game erases Journal Entry 75266, but it has to be 103570 (at least, in my install). SCS is only mod that changes shopkn.dlg, but I don't know how BGT assign journal entry numbers, is it random or standard.

I hope this helps.

Archived