Can't install SCSII

Guest Saga286

Guest Saga286

Hi, I was trying to install SCSII for the Detectable Spells add-on but the installation fails when I press "y" to install it. I receive a message that says:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [melis02.spl] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Detectable spells and effects (required for most other compone

nts)], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 6 files for [sCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2] component 1000.

Uninstalled 6 files for [sCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2] component 1000.

ERROR: Failure("resource [melis02.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

PLEASE email the file SETUP-SCSII.DEBUG to davidw, Gibberlings3 forums

Using Language [English]

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? The only other thing I have installed is BG2 Fixpack-v6. I don't have BG2: ToB installed yet so I don't know if I need that first. And yes the game was updated to the most recent version before I installed BG2 Fixpacl-v6.

Guest Saga286

Thanks for the help, but now I have run into another problem. I have installed both SoA and ToB with the patches. I have installed BG2 Fixpack v6 and SCSII successfully. I tried installing eSeries v1.8 and seemed like it was doing fine, but after about 45 minutes of it installing, it stopped and said there was an error "Too many files open" and then exited. Anybody have an idea of what to do here?

A small tip, install SoA, then ToB, then patch, start the game to set the settings to something, create a char after which the true game starts, and after a few movies you get the control back and the game auto-saves, you can exit to make save a backup (copy override and data folders, baldur.ini, bgmain.exe, chitin.key and dialog.tlk to another folder), and then start installing mods.
:) The safe backup is so you can delete all of the files in it in the game directory and copying them from the backup and you'll get a brand untouched game. :)

Thanks for the help, but now I have run into another problem. I have installed both SoA and ToB with the patches. I have installed BG2 Fixpack v6 and SCSII successfully. I tried installing eSeries v1.8 and seemed like it was doing fine, but after about 45 minutes of it installing, it stopped and said there was an error "Too many files open" and then exited. Anybody have an idea of what to do here?
Get the newest WeiDU.zip , extract it to some place and copy the WeiDU.exe(for Windows) and rename it to "Setup-eSeries.exe"(after you have renamed/deleted the original), and run it.
Guest realshemp

Does anybody know how to use this or the original Sword Coast Stratagems with BG1 EasyTuTu? I own ToB, but have lost the CD and will not buy it again. So, I have BG: TotSC and SoA installed and fully patched with EasyTuTu and several quest and NPC Mods installed. I would LOVE to use SCS or SCSII to improve opponent AI but I get the message:

[./chitin.key]

ERROR Installing [Detectable Spells], rolling back to previous state

When trying to install SCS (have not tried SCSII). Does anybody out there have a workaround to make it work with my setup?

Does anybody know how to use this or the original Sword Coast Stratagems with BG1 EasyTuTu? I own ToB, but have lost the CD and will not buy it again. So, I have BG: TotSC and SoA installed and fully patched with EasyTuTu and several quest and NPC Mods installed. I would LOVE to use SCS or SCSII to improve opponent AI but I get the message:

[./chitin.key]

ERROR Installing [Detectable Spells], rolling back to previous state

When trying to install SCS (have not tried SCSII). Does anybody out there have a workaround to make it work with my setup?

Go to the override folder in your TUTU install. Pick any random .spl file, copy it, rename the copy "melis02.spl".

(This is something DS should check for, will fix in next version).

Guest realshemp

Thanks!!!

I ran into some similar problems in other sections of the install, but I used this suggestion to get by those as well and was able to make it through the install. Seems to be running stable, but we'll see how it goes as I get farther in the game.

Archived