Breach and other BG2 spells

coaster

Could I just also clarify the situation with respect to Breach? The readme talks about Breach in a couple of places (eg. Ironskins brought down by Breach) but there are no scrolls of Breach listed in the additions to stores/creatures. Is this therefore a spell which enemy spellcasters may cast at the party, but the party cannot cast it back? Or are there simply some level 5 spells which continue to be "left out" of both enemy and player spellbooks (eg. Spell Immunity, Lower Resistance etc are not listed either).

Should we also expect enemies to cast Protection from Magic Weapons or other level 6 spells - as I said in another thread, some spellcasters presumably have a level 6 spell slot or two (I think you said Death Spell had been left out). Without Breach, PfMW might prove tricky for the party to remove (although the duration is short and one can switch to normal weapons of course).

Thanks

coaster

Not sure what you mean jarno - without a scroll of Breach mages in the PC's party cannot write the spell to their spellbooks or cast it (and sorcerers in the party cannot cast it because the 161k XP cap does not allow them to reach level 5 spells). If you mean that enemy spellcasters can cast Breach, well that is the question I'm asking.

I think I only placed spells of L1-4 (I'm not sure the readme is accurate on this, sorry) - in hindsight I should probably have included L5 spells. So unless you've got a sorceror, you can't use it.

Enemies will occasionally use Breach and PMW but you won't see either much iirc.

Enemies will occasionally ... PMW but you won't see either much iirc.
Well yeah, it might have something to do with that there is not very many level 11 mages in the BG&BGTotSC.

Now, why there is no Breach scrolls in the Tutu version of the game, it's because it's unnecessary... because none of the mages can actually cast the protection from magical weapons as they don't have that spell in their spell books, nor the levels for that spell, or else it would be there and if it's not, it's not meant to be there... just like the Tutu's Borda wasn't really meant to be killed.(the very low saves&100% magic resistance, high hit points & all)

Enemies will occasionally ... PMW but you won't see either much iirc.
Well yeah, it might have something to do with that there is not very many level 11 mages in the BG&BGTotSC.

Now, why there is no Breach scrolls in the Tutu version of the game, it's because it's unnecessary... because none of the mages can actually cast the protection from magical weapons as they don't have that spell in their spell books, nor the levels for that spell, or else it would be there and if it's not, it's not meant to be there...

Well, a (very) few BG1 mages are 12th level, so could theoretically cast PMW. SCS allows you to let BG1 mages use BG2 spells, notably including PMW, and allows you to rewrite their spellbooks so they actually know the spell. In that situation, one or two BG1 mages may have it. It won't be common (and of course, it's optional).

Archived