Cernd.. woah!

Guest eriberri

Well, I'm writing a book...but isn't everyone? :D As far as mod stuff, I am very unofficially writing a Sarevok romance because I can't seem to help writing it, but I honestly hope the one at ShS gets off the ground and can make use of some of my drabbles. Even if that one folds, I'm not all that motivated to get the writing done because I can't code/script/whatever/etc so it'll likely never see the light of day, but Sarevok has this habit of consuming my every thought until I write something about him. :D If I do ever get the writing finished, maybe I'll see if any coders want to adopt the big guy.

Sort of random update on a random thread, and please don't hurt me for thread-necrosis. I am working on a Sarevok Romance (I knew he wouldn't let me get away) and I have a brainstorming thread going over at P&T with a lot of rambling/babbling on my part and some great feedback on their part. The writing goes well though there's a lot I want to accomplish (do it right or don't do it at all, right? :p), but once that's done I'll be learning the coding (so far, NI and WeiDU make my head spin, but that will get better someday...hopefully...right???) so I cannot even begin to guess how long it will take to get done. I'm open to feedback of any kind and wish me luck!

Kulyok, when I get farther along with this (meaning, when I get a basic grasp of coding and it no longer looks like an alien language), I want to find a way to have Sarevok's RE be overridden by the romance without screwing either/both of them up, if that's possible. :p

We'll certainly do our best to make them work together, sure. We can even put the entire romance inside RE - but they'll work together as two mods, as well. The best way is this:

as soon as Sarevok's Romance is installed and ToB game starts, Sarevok's Romance sets a variable in Sarevok's script: [Your prefix]SarevokRomanceStarted=1

(You've already set yourself a unique modding prefix in this topic, right? Otherwise your mod may turn out to be incompatible with some).

Then Romantic Encounters mod sees this variable and checks: if [Your prefix]SarevokRomanceStarted=1, then Sarevok Encounter doesn't start. Simple and effective.

I'm happy to hear you're working on Sarevok Romance - I love your writing style, and I'd love to try the mod out when it's ready. Good luck!

Yeah, I requested to register one today. :p I'll admit I've been hiding from the technical aspects so far - there are plenty of good tutorials out there on how to introduce a new NPC into BG2, but not a single one (that I could find) on how to add to one who already exists. So I've focused on the writing and tried to save the scary stuff for later. :p

Archived