Angheg Armour Tweak I would like for BG1

lac

I remember the first time I played BG. I didn't know about such things as 'patching your game'. So when I got

deep into chapter 6(?), I hit the 'infinite number of spawned creatures' bug, and drowned in Dopplegangers. :) But I had the bright idea to check the internet, heard about the patch, and all became well.

However, one thing that changed as a result of the patch, fixed something that I never considered a bug in the first place. In the unpatched game I had, you could order as many Angheg armours as you liked from the Thunderhammer Smithy. They each took 10 days to make (which really never was exact) and cost the same

amount (5000 gp??). It seems that Bioware only wanted it possible for you to order one of those things.

And in Nashkell, in the hole in the fields, you would find a different Angheg Plate Mail. These days its a pair

of excellent bracers, instead, and on the whole I approve of this change, though no longer can remember if

this is a Bioware change or one that happened here.

But especially these days when there are so many kits or chars who cannot wear metal armour, I

think that restricting Thunderhammer Smithy from producing more than 1 Angheg Plate Mail is something that should be left to the player's discretion. After all, with the iron shortage, it is not as if there is a ton of other

work coming in. (Or does poor old Taerom have to fix everybody's broken hoe, shovel etc.? )

Just another idea,

Laura

I like this idea. :)

And in Nashkell, in the hole in the fields, you would find a different Angheg Plate Mail. These days its a pair

of excellent bracers, instead, and on the whole I approve of this change, though no longer can remember if

this is a Bioware change or one that happened here.

A pair of excellent bracers? I always got the ankheg plate mail there... though I haven't tried this with BG1 Tweaks... Can you remember which bracers is that?

A pair of excellent bracers? I always got the ankheg plate mail there... though I haven't tried this with BG1 Tweaks... Can you remember which bracers is that?

Just regular AC3 or AC4 (I forget, and don't have a handy save lying around) bracers. So now I wonder what mod I always play that changes this. It happens in tutu games as well as plain ones, so unless the change is duplicated in BG2 tweaks, it is probably not BG tweaks that I am getting this from.

you mean the bracers, Icen? Because if I get out my disks and play without the patch,

I can indeed get as many APM as I like from Thunderhammer.

If it is the bracers, then my guess is that Lost Items is doing this. I will check when I

am done checking a few other things.

Lost Items would be doing it, I think. Also, the TuTufix makes sure you can't get more than 1 plate from Thunderhammer. I will see if I can recify this.

EDIT: Try this:

BACKUP ~#!Tweak/Backup~ //I may use this again, lol
AUTHOR ~Icendoan~
VERSION ~1~
BEGIN ~Allow multiple Ankheg Armours to be bought and shells sold~
COPY_EXISTING ~_taerom.dlg~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~SetGlobal("MakeArmor","GLOBAL",.*)~ ~~
COMPILE_D_TO_DLG
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

And you know the drill when someone posts a tp2...

Icen

Just want to make sure I've not missed something here.

lac - Are you talking Tutu, BGT or vanilla BG1? I'm assuming (from the other posts here) you're playing Tutu or BGT...

bgf - I can assure you that BG1 Tweaks makes no changes to Taerum or the Nashkel easter egg. Also, BG1 Tweaks is for vanilla BG1/BG1 TotSC, not for Tutu/BGT.

bgf - I can assure you that BG1 Tweaks makes no changes to Taerum or the Nashkel easter egg. Also, BG1 Tweaks is for vanilla BG1/BG1 TotSC, not for Tutu/BGT.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was referring to vanilla TotSC, as I thought lac was talking about vanilla...

No, I was talking about Vanilla. Indeed, so Vanilla that it is the unpatched Bioware

version (which you should never run). That version has Taerum able to make as many

angheg armours as you like. (At least on my disks. There are several versions of

BG around, packaged differently, and I don't know if they all work this same way.

But one of the things that the Bioware patch did was to remove Taerum's ability

to make multiple plate mails. So as a tweak, I would like the bug restored. :) Does

this make sense?)

Laura

No, I was talking about Vanilla...

But one of the things that the Bioware patch did was to remove Taerum's ability

to make multiple plate mails. So as a tweak, I would like the bug restored. :) Does

this make sense?)

Laura

I've never tried to get more than one from him. Always thought he was only supposed to make one. There's been some serious arguments about this one, by the way, even about how many shells he's supposed to buy (one only or as many as you can get to him in a ten-day). It *is* the best armor in the game, after all...

I've the Original Saga and Deluxe Edition versions. Do you still have the "bugged" version, and if so can you send me the taerom.dlg file via e-mail? I've some ideas how this can be done, but I'm no programmer, so I'd like to be able to compare the two different versions of the file.

Icen - Sounds like something for the tweak pack. Looking at taerom.dlg in NI, it looks like the MakeArmor global is the key.

0 - no armor made, party has good shells.

1 - shell taken to be made into armor.

2 - armor made and given.

In state 10 (NI reference), he gives the armor and then the global is set to 2. Do you think setting it back to 0 is what is needed?

I think the precise discs I used are at my brother's house on the other side of the Atlantic. But I have several sets of disks here, from a time when it was easier to buy a new copy of BG than figure out in which box, and in which country my disks were. So I will see if I can find a disc that demonstrates this behaviour. I will send it to you if I can find it, or report that I cannot if I cannot.

Yes, having a script there which sets it to 0 and it would be all fine. Try adding this:

BEGIN ~Allow Multiple Ankheg Plates to be Made~
>>>>>>>> bg1tweaks/inlined/taerom.baf
IF
 GlobalGT("MakeArmor","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
  SetGlobal("MakeArmor","GLOBAL",0)
  Continue()
END
<<<<<<<< //and I hope these are the right way round....

EXTEND_TOP ar3301.bcs ~bg1tweaks/inlined/taerom.baf~

Icen

Archived