Angheg Armour Tweak I would like for BG1

lac

I just checked out the .dlg file, and it looks like Taerom's only supposed to make one armour. The MakeArmor variable is the correct one.

It starts at 0, if you accept his offer of 500 gold to buy your ankheg shell, he'll take all of your shells and the global is set to 2. Your other option is to pay him 4000 gold to make it into armour, in which case the global is set to 1, and the item will be ready in 10 days, upon which the variable is set to 2. If you decide to do neither, a different 10 day timer starts, after which the shell will be spoiled and unable to be sold or made into armor. I think the setting of the timers may need to be adjusted to have a functioning tweak, in addition to altering the variables setting to 2.

Edit: Don't mind the above - apparently I had Baldurdash installed when I checked, and it messes with this sequence.

//and I hope these are the right way round....

:)

Icen - Thanks, I'll check it out.

Mike1072 - In vanilla BG1 (patched, no TotSC), Taerom takes what you have when you sell them. It does not set the global to 2. In other words, you can sell eight shells on separate visits (4000gp) and have the nineth made into armor. I believe this also happens with TotSC installed. I'm looking at him making multiple armors, one at a time, so only the MakeArmor global should be necessary. In other words, you can still screw up and loose the chance...

//and I hope these are the right way round....

:)

It is THE most thing I get wrong! Next up is never BEGINing things. xD I learn quickly, but what doesn't seem natural (to me) never really turns up.

EDIT: And, come to think of it, both may work for both. So pick and choose. :)

Icen

Did I do anything regarding this on the fixpack?

I'm not talking about the tweak part, but the fix where you can only sell shells one time instead of multiple times. If I did, you might want to make sure that your tweak works around it or changes it as needed. I'll check the files myself, too.

EXTEND_TOP ar3301.bcs ~bg1tweaks/inlined/taerom.baf~

I've been looking over the code. This may be problematic, since there is no ar3301.bcs. I'll comment it out, then try it with two other tweaks (Send NPC's to an Inn, Separate NPC Pairs adapted from SCS).

Icen - I had to set it up the long way, dropping the "inlined" for a taerom.baf, but it now works.

Wish I could say the same for Allow Pairs to Separate (IsValidForPartyDialog isn't in the trigger.ids for BG1) and Send NPC's to an Inn (AreaCheck isn't in the trigger.ids for BG1). Zed Nocear created an emulation for AreaCheck I can use for the areas under Durlag's Tower (is there a global for this area?), but I still have a syntax error near the APPEND in the depart.d file. Any ideas?

What is depart.d?

My apologies. It's one of two SCS file needed to send NPC's to an inn. I've trimmed it down to only the FAI and Jovial Juggler. The other file is inns.tph, which appears to work fine.

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~dmwwscriptname~ dmwwstatenumber
IF ~Global("EnteredArmInn","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("IslandTravel","GLOBAL",1) //not on Werewolf Isle
!Global("teth","GLOBAL",1) //not trapped under Candlekeep AR2613, 2615, 2619, 5506
!Global("teth","GLOBAL",2)~
/*	!AreaCheck("AR0506") // Chess Board, need global or Zed Nocear's emulator here
!AreaCheck("AR0507") // Ice Node
!AreaCheck("AR0508") // Fire Node
!AreaCheck("AR0509") // Air Node
!AreaCheck("AR0510") // Earth Node
!AreaCheck("AR0512") // Lower 3
!AreaCheck("AR0513") // Lower 4
!AreaCheck("AR0514") // Lower 5
!AreaCheck("AR0515") // Statue Room
!AreaCheck("AR0516") // Demon Knight
!AreaCheck("AR1008") // ice isle surface
!AreaCheck("AR1009") // ice isle cavern 1
!AreaCheck("AR1010")~ // ice isle cavern 2 */
THEN REPLY @801 GOTO dmww_fai

IF ~Global("EnteredBeregost","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("IslandTravel","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("teth","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("teth","GLOBAL",2)~
/*	!AreaCheck("AR0506") // Chess Board
!AreaCheck("AR0507") // Ice Node
!AreaCheck("AR0508") // Fire Node
!AreaCheck("AR0509") // Air Node
!AreaCheck("AR0510") // Earth Node
!AreaCheck("AR0512") // Lower 3
!AreaCheck("AR0513") // Lower 4
!AreaCheck("AR0514") // Lower 5
!AreaCheck("AR0515") // Statue Room
!AreaCheck("AR0516") // Demon Knight
!AreaCheck("AR1008") // ice isle surface
!AreaCheck("AR1009") // ice isle cavern 1
!AreaCheck("AR1010")~ // ice isle cavern 2 */
THEN REPLY @802  GOTO dmww_beregost

APPEND ~dmwwscriptname~ // This is where I get the syntax error.
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN dmww_fai 
 SAY @dmwwresponse
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~RunAwayFromNoInterrupt([PC],2)
 LeaveAreaLUA("AR2301","",dmwwfailoc,0) // EscapeAreaMove("AR2301",dmwwfailoc,0)
~ EXIT
END

IF
 ~~ THEN BEGIN dmww_beregost
 SAY @dmwwresponse
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~RunAwayFromNoInterrupt([PC],2)
 LeaveAreaLUA("AR3304","",dmwwbereloc,0) // EscapeAreaMove("AR3304",dmwwbereloc,0)
~ EXIT
END
END

If I can get it working, I'll ask permission from DavidW to include it in BG1 Tweaks, properly attributed of course. Unless I can find a work-around for IsValidForPartyDialog however, Allow Pairs to Separate will not work.

Archived