Spell Thrust & Minor Globe of Inv.

Guest Rychurd

FWIW: I am in favor of Breach not affecting Liches and Rakshasas. If you are high enough level you have plenty of options. Liches were too easy in vanilla and could use some toughening even in SCS2.

I am in favor of Spell Thrust removing MGoI. It's in the description so why not?

I am in favor of SW removing/bypassing GoI. Currently the spell is useless in SCS2, and would remain so even if it is one of only two spells to bypass II. If it can't get past GoI it's still useless.

:rolleyes:

Or I can just live with Minor Spell Deflection not deflecting Breach; or I can let Minor Spell Deflection give immunity to Breach and live with the fact that it doesn't burn through the spell.
Well, I couldn't live with all those inconsistencies, but it's up to you. :) I do agree with Ardanis here, Breach should work as per description, as a 5th level spell blocked by spell protections and not able to bypass 'immunity to 5th level spells'.

This is why SCS is modular. No-one is forced to install this component.

Bit of a poison pill here. What if you want Breach to bounce off Spell Turning but not affect Liches and Rakshasas?
Well, you just install SR because that's the behaviour of SR's Breach within V3. SCS's Breach is optional, and SCS goes after SR, thus you're free to choose the solution you prefer.
Guest Splawheel

Spell Thrust continues to not dispel minor globe invulnerability. I tried the initial posters fix (changing unknown and power) in NI but it did not work. With SCS improved mages in BG1 tutu, not having a way to dispel the minor globe breaks the game. These mages have stoneskins and and globes even in ch. 3 and so every mage becomes invincible to a level 6 party. Could someone please give the settings required for editing the spl file in NI to make spell thrust dispel minor globes as the description states it does. Thank you for your assistance and this wonderful update to the BG spells.

Spell Thrust continues to not dispel minor globe invulnerability. I tried the initial posters fix (changing unknown and power) in NI but it did not work. With SCS improved mages in BG1 tutu, not having a way to dispel the minor globe breaks the game. These mages have stoneskins and and globes even in ch. 3 and so every mage becomes invincible to a level 6 party. Could someone please give the settings required for editing the spl file in NI to make spell thrust dispel minor globes as the description states it does. Thank you for your assistance and this wonderful update to the BG spells.
Very strange, this discussion was for SR V2, and within V3 Spell Thrust surely has spell power set to 0 (I've just checked it) as per vanilla game, which means it should work against MGoI unless another mod changes one of the two spells. ???
Guest Splawheel
Very strange, this discussion was for SR V2, and within V3 Spell Thrust surely has spell power set to 0 (I've just checked it) as per vanilla game, which means it should work against MGoI unless another mod changes one of the two spells. :)

So I have continued to play and notice that in my game it's not just spell thrust, secret word is also failing to remove the minor globe. To describe what I see, my mage casts the spell (secret word or spell thrust) and no animation moves towards the selected target (either near or directly at the mage with MGoI) This makes me wonder if the problem is with the minor globe settings or is there a glitch somewhere in the spell protection removal spells as a group. What information would you need to further investigate (I'm a bit noobish with this stuff but I can follow directions)? Thanks again to this awesome update to the BG world.

I have a rather wild guess - do targets move around a lot?

There's a bug in engine, which sometimes may result in spell projectiles not reaching the specified location and exploding few feet prior to it. This can be countered to extent by aiming slightly past the target.

Guest Splawheel
I have a rather wild guess - do targets move around a lot?

There's a bug in engine, which sometimes may result in spell projectiles not reaching the specified location and exploding few feet prior to it. This can be countered to extent by aiming slightly past the target.

Yes the moving around was always my first assumption so in testing I have surrounded enemy mage with tanks keeping them essentially still (sunfires galore). I am considering starting a new topic but I am now in BGII (wiedu log below) and continuing to have major issues with some significant spells. PfMW (V3 of SR) still had the Enchantment (0) in NI that was mentioned in a post from two years ago. When I changed it to Magical and saved to overide folder the spell did now protect from both magic and non-magical weapons, only a slight improvement, but workable. Then I get to encounter with Rukh the Transmuter and I'm thinking SR v3 is broken. The Rakshasa casts Imp. Inv., minor spell deflection, and minor globe of invulnerability in a spell trigger. I attempt secret word numerous times (have Kelsey) nothing ever happens (no casting or projectile animation, not even spell cancelled because cast at an invisible creature). I examine Secret word in NI (two versions, one a DW# with old description) and it has errors (abjuration instead of enchantment, casting time of 1 but description 4) that were mentioned in hotfixes post years ago. I change in NI the targetpreset.... to global (not party) just to see if it could do anything in its current form, and though in my next test the command lines say that spell protections are removed (and dispelled) from Rukh they in fact are not. The new globe graphic is still present and area effect spells do not generate save vs. spells messages. As well, True Sight does not reveal Rukh anymore (as it has done properly for 16 days in game previously). I am afraid that after spending hours installing and playing that I am defeated by an invincible Rukh the transmuter. If I cannot get assistance fixing these spells in NI I will uninstall SR, but won't that also probably terminally corrupt this install? I can repost as a new topic if necessary.

Wiedu Log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0019

~SETUP-TOBEXCONFIG.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extras

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v9.01

~SETUP-VALHORN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Horns of Valhalla v1.2: 1.3

~CLIFFKEY/SETUP-CLIFFKEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // A Mod for the Orderly - Add a Keyring to Faerun! See readme for more details about the choices below. -> Nanoquest version: v4

// Recently Uninstalled: ~GBTHFKP/GBTHFKP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Expanded Thief Stronghold: v2.20

~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ #0 #2 // A Bhaalspawn's Best Friend: v6

~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ #0 #3 // Under Her Spell: v6

~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ #0 #4 // Forgery: v6

~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ #0 #5 // Character Medley: v6

~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // PlanarSphereMod v2.6c: v2.6c

~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Planar Sphere Store: v2.6c

~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Waukeen's Promenade Store: v2.6c

~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #3 // Planar Sphere Return v2: v2.6c

~DC/SETUP-DC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Crawl, v5

~ASSASSINATIONS/SETUP-ASSASSINATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II, v8

~JANQUEST/SETUP-JANQUEST.TP2~ #1 #0 // Jan's Extended Quest

~SETUP-TURNIPGOLEM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Turnip Golem Encounter: v4

~QUALLOFIX/SETUP-QUALLOFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Let the cadaver crawler live: 1.14

~SETUP-SLANDOR.TP2~ #1 #0 // The Minotaur and Lilacor

~SHARDSOFICE/SETUP-SHARDSOFICE.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Price Of Friendship: v5

~SHARDSOFICE/SETUP-SHARDSOFICE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Some of My Best Friends Are Slimes: v5

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v19

~FADINGPROMISES/SETUP-FADINGPROMISES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fading Promises: v6

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

~SETUP-TURNABOUT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension: Turnabout

~SETUP-TURNABOUT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Balthazar Epilogue Portrait, by Cliffette

~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v2

~C#SB_SILBER/SETUP-C#SB_SILBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adalon's Blood - Modification for BGII by Gandalf the white: 10

~SETUP-CWS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Cloakwood Squares -- The Mod: v4

~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II, v2

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: 4

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: 4

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: 4

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): 4

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: 4

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: 4

~VICONIA/SETUP-VICONIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Viconia Friendship: 3.1

~MAZZY/SETUP-MAZZY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Mazzy Friendship: 2

~YOSHIMO/YOSHIMO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo Friendship Mod for BGII: SoA: 2

~IMOENFRIENDSHIP/IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen Friendship for SoA: 2

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA: v2.5

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Multiplayer-friendly flirting for Amber: v2.5

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kivan of Shilmista: v12

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Select Deheriana's Class -> Mage/Fighter/Cleric: v12

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #5 // Select Kivan's Portrait -> Do Not Install Alternative Portrait for Kivan.: v12

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install ToB Portion of the Mod: v12

~SETUP-FADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fade: An NPC for Baldur's Gate II

~SETUP-KIDO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kido the Jester (Requires Throne of Bhaal)

~SETUP-KIDO.TP2~ #0 #1 // Which of Kido's portraits do you wish to install? -> Plasmocat's portraits?

~SARAHTOB/SETUP-SARAHTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:ToB: 3.1

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin for BG2: v19

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin heals the PC when below 50% health (Can be disabled or enabled via player-initiated dialogue): v19

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Multi-romance cheat -> No romance kills: v19

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #11 // Alternate Portrait Selection (Default portrait is already installed) -> Dragon Age style portrait by berelinde: v19

~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)

~RPGSOLAFLIRTPACK/SETUP-RPGSOLAFLIRTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // The RPG Solaufein Flirt Pack for BG2 (Rated NC17): v1.1

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA

~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: ToB - Version 2

~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Ascension-specific dialogue (Requires WeiDU Ascension, v1.4.12 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Default Kelsey portrait set by Wynne Lurty? (set 1 of 3)

~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keto-SOA NPC V2

~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #1 // Keto/Kelsey Interaction (Requires Kelsey-SOA)

~TASHIA/SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tashia NPC Mod -> Full version (ToB required): v1.3

~TASHIA/SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tashia Add-on Pack by Bri and Lord Ernie (English only, Tashia ToB Required) -> Baldurized Dialogues: v1.3

~TASHIA/SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate portrait for Tashia. -> Tashia's Alternate Portrait 1 - Created by Amalthea.: v1.3

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternatives: v10

~G3ANNIVERSARY/SETUP-G3ANNIVERSARY.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod: v7

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // An Evening with Aran, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Trademeet with Guildmistress Busya, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Night with Coran, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Cyric's Test, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edwin's Softer Side, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Enter Haer'Dalis, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Love Song of Logan, Lord Coprith, by Ajnos

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // Noober Returns, by cmorgan

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // Sir Ryan Trawl, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // Isabelle's Fears, by gertjanvh (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Anne's Rescue, by gertjanvh (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // The Queen, by Domi

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Valygar Romance, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #45 // Rehearsal with Chandra, by Western Paladin

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #46 // Goldander Blackenrock: After a Party, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #47 // A Chat with Viekang, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #48 // Bravery or Folly? by Aeryn (Sarevok, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #49 // Blame the Moon, by Aeryn (Cernd)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn: v13

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal: v13

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Crossmod Romance Conflicts: v13

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #11 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v4.40

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #12 // Shadow Thief Improvements: v4.40

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v3

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Allow enemy AI to detect the party's magic items: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Cosmetic change: stop Stoneskins from changing the caster's colour: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6022 // Potions for NPCs -> Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Improved Spiders: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6035 // Improved golems: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6051 // Improved fiends -> Fiends cast spells like normal wizards: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6061 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6081 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6095 // Standardise dragon immunities: dragons in Shadows of Amn get the same immunities to vorpal attacks (etc) as their Throne of Bhaal cousins: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6111 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6136 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6152 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6160 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6182 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6210 // Smarter Illasera: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6230 // Smarter Abazigal: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6240 // Smarter Gromnir: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6250 // Smarter Melissan: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6260 // Give Ascension demons SCSII scripts and abilities: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6270 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCSII scripts and abilities: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6900 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved Shade Lord: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Improved Random Encounters: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7075 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Sahuagin: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7126 // Improved Irenicus in Hell (Tactics remix) -> Tactics-SCSII hybrid: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7160 // Improved Minor Encounters: v15

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #40 // Cure Sleep Fix: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v3

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Replace +1 magical weapons with Fine ones: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Change Carsomyr so that its Dispel on contact power grants a saving throw: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3510 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3521 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Remove ammo up to the +2 level from random containers: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3530 // Faster Bears: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3990 // Increase the price of a license to practise magic in Athkatla -> License costs 10,000 gp: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 40,000 gold pieces: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB (warning: this will make it inaccessible until the end of SoA): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Improved shapeshifting: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4060 // Make the bard stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Make the cleric stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4063 // Make the fighter stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4064 // Make the paladin stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4065 // Make the ranger stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4066 // Make the thief stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4067 // Make the wizard stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Displacer Cloak: v15

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2293 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave (Salk): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs don't fight: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3210 // Minimum Stats Cheat: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: v9

~NALIA_MOD/NALIA_MOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nalia Mod by jon

~PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER/PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Plasmocat's Picks of the Litter Portrait Pack: v2

~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Creature XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%

~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #6 // Locks, Traps and Spells XP Reduction -> Reduce to 50%

~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.1

PfMW

I am considering starting a new topic but I am now in BGII (wiedu log below) and continuing to have major issues with some significant spells. PfMW (V3 of SR) still had the Enchantment (0) in NI that was mentioned in a post from two years ago. When I changed it to Magical and saved to overide folder the spell did now protect from both magic and non-magical weapons, only a slight improvement, but workable.
Are you using the hotfixes? This issue is indeed still there if you don't use them.

Secret Word

Then I get to encounter with Rukh the Transmuter and I'm thinking SR v3 is broken. The Rakshasa casts Imp. Inv., minor spell deflection, and minor globe of invulnerability in a spell trigger. I attempt secret word numerous times (have Kelsey) nothing ever happens (no casting or projectile animation, not even spell cancelled because cast at an invisible creature). I examine Secret word in NI (two versions, one a DW# with old description) and it has errors (abjuration instead of enchantment, casting time of 1 but description 4) that were mentioned in hotfixes post years ago. I change in NI the targetpreset.... to global (not party) just to see if it could do anything in its current form, and though in my next test the command lines say that spell protections are removed (and dispelled) from Rukh they in fact are not. The new globe graphic is still present and area effect spells do not generate save vs. spells messages.
Even without hotfixes SW should work (though with the old issue of random misses), but I'll wait to know if you're using them before guessing what may be happening.

True Seeing

As well, True Sight does not reveal Rukh anymore (as it has done properly for 16 days in game previously).
TS never worked against rakshasas, not even in vanilla game, because they are immune to spells of 7th or lower lvl.
Guest Splawheel
PfMW
I am considering starting a new topic but I am now in BGII (wiedu log below) and continuing to have major issues with some significant spells. PfMW (V3 of SR) still had the Enchantment (0) in NI that was mentioned in a post from two years ago. When I changed it to Magical and saved to overide folder the spell did now protect from both magic and non-magical weapons, only a slight improvement, but workable.
Are you using the hotfixes? This issue is indeed still there if you don't use them.

I wonder if you heard the slap of my palm against my forehead when I read your reply. I had been making the incorrect assumption that the hotfixes (from Sep.) where included in the V3 I downloaded in Feb. Wow. I imagine that a lot (all?) of my issues are resolved now, certainly PfMW and SW are now after the hotfix.

True Seeing

TS never worked against rakshasas, not even in vanilla game, because they are immune to spells of 7th or lower lvl.

They are probably naturally immune to normal weapons too huh? Stuff like this should have been in the BG2 manual.

Thank you for your rapid response again.

Rakshasas

They are probably naturally immune to normal weapons too huh? Stuff like this should have been in the BG2 manual.

Thank you for your rapid response again.

Yes they are. BG isn't always 100% true to PnP but most of the time it does, thus if you want to know more infos on certain creatures I may suggest you to look here. :)
True Seeing
As well, True Sight does not reveal Rukh anymore (as it has done properly for 16 days in game previously).

In the vanilla game, SPPR505D and SPWI609D both have power level of zero, and work on anything. Which is as it should be; True Sight isn't supposed to "destroy" an enemy's illusions so much as let the caster see through them.

Which reminds me, True Sight should protect against Spook (and Phantasmal Killer, if you decide to reintroduce it).

Guest guest

Are all anti-magic spells Aoe in this mod now, and if so, is it just to bypass the II?

I noticed SCSII has had a new component since v16:

"Allow antimagic spells to penetrate Improved Invisibility" component now has a single-target option

I always liked these spells as single target, mainly for no chance of missing. Any chance you will also revert/allow such an option. Or should I just use the SCSII option for this and comment out your changes to such spells. I wouldn't want to add any work, so if the commenting out is the best option could you please just tell me a quick list of which ones I should do so with?

I think: Spell thrust, secret word, pierce magic, ruby ray of reversal, khelben WW, spellstrike?

Did i miss any?

Are all anti-magic spells Aoe in this mod now, and if so, is it just to bypass the II?

"Allow antimagic spells to penetrate Improved Invisibility" component now has a single-target option

I always liked these spells as single target, mainly for no chance of missing. Any chance you will also revert/allow such an option.

Actually I always hated such solution (Spell Thrust and Spellstrike are the only two spell removals that I may actually like with an AoE) but I went for it because I wanted SR to go along with SCS as much as possible. :) I'll probably revert the few of them that still have AoE, though I don't know if I should wait for V4 or an hotfix (which reminds me I have to update them for True Seeing, shame on me! :) ).

Or should I just use the SCSII option for this and comment out your changes to such spells.
Afaik (from previous discussions on this matter) David's component should patch SR's spells and restore their single target behavior if SR is installed, but I may be wrong. I'll look into it asap unless David kindly answer this for me.

If you cannot wait or you want to comment out SR's spells just to be sure, the list is shorter than yours because I recently reverted Secret Word (because of other changes to it), while Pierce Magic and KWW never got an AoE within SR (they did within SCS though).

As of now only Spell Thrust, Ruby Ray of Reversal (reverting this to single target is a must because I want to add quite a few other PnP effects on it), and Spellstrike still have an AoE.

Guest guest

I always liked these spells as single target, mainly for no chance of missing. Any chance you will also revert/allow such an option.

Actually I always hated such solution (Spell Thrust and Spellstrike are the only two spell removals that I may actually like with an AoE) but I went for it because I wanted SR to go along with SCS as much as possible. :) I'll probably revert the few of them that still have AoE, though I don't know if I should wait for V4 or an hotfix (which reminds me I have to update them for True Seeing, shame on me! :) ).

Or should I just use the SCSII option for this and comment out your changes to such spells.
Afaik (from previous discussions on this matter) David's component should patch SR's spells and restore their single target behavior if SR is installed, but I may be wrong. I'll look into it asap unless David kindly answer this for me.

If you cannot wait or you want to comment out SR's spells just to be sure, the list is shorter than yours because I recently reverted Secret Word (because of other changes to it), while Pierce Magic and KWW never got an AoE within SR (they did within SCS though).

As of now only Spell Thrust, Ruby Ray of Reversal (reverting this to single target is a must because I want to add quite a few other PnP effects on it), and Spellstrike still have an AoE.

Thanks for the reply. Good to know you feel the same way about the single-target nature of such spells, generally.

Grats on a great mod btw!

Guest guest again

Sorry, just one more thing. These bypassing II changes to antimagic are great and SI: Divination and II are not overpowered now, but I was wondering about SI: Abjuration: Does this stop antimagic attacks (which are almost all abjuration)? I ran into a discussion where you mentioned this:

I am currently on a playthrough with SCS II and I have had a problem with enemy mages removing buffs against Jan Jansen, even when he is wearing Immunity:Abjuration. For example, in a recent battle he was wearing Pro:MagEnergy, Pro:Fire, Minor Globe, and Immunity:Abjuration. The enemy mage cast Secret Word (a level 4 abjuration spell) and the text reported that 'Jan:Spell Protections Dispelled'. The rest of his buffs soon followed; breach, etc.

... Secret Word bypassed his Immunity:Abjuration. ... I would not expect an abjuration spell to affect someone immune to abjuration, so I would not even use it. However, the enemy mages have twice 'broken the rules' in this way (both times against poor Jan).

... Pierce Magic was another false dawn, as it could not penetrate Immunity:Abjuration (without 'cheating'). ...

I may help you by saying that each and every 'magic attack' spell (Spell Thrust, Secret Word, Pierce Magic, ...) bypasses SI:Abj despite being Abjuration spells. It's how these spells worked in vanilla and DavidW decided to not change them. I agree with you on this matter (and I previously implemented what you say within Spell Revisions) but I also understand that DavidW wouldn't like to change it as it would have a huge impact on his mage scripts.

I'm not sure what the status quo is now, since that was almost 2 years ago. How does SR treat this, and does it match SCSII/cause any problems?

Sorry, just one more thing. These bypassing II changes to antimagic are great and SI: Divination and II are not overpowered now, but I was wondering about SI: Abjuration: Does this stop antimagic attacks (which are almost all abjuration)? I ran into a discussion where you mentioned this: ...

I'm not sure what the status quo is now, since that was almost 2 years ago. How does SR treat this, and does it match SCSII/cause any problems?

I reverteted SI:Abj to work as per vanilla/SCS since V2. I hate it doesn't stop Abjuration spell removals (it doesn't make sense imo), but I have to live with that.

Archived