Gov District fanatics AI issue

Raj

It could wait for yet another version of SCSII :p:worship:

confused...

If you mean "don't hold up the next release for this", I've got bad news: it'll be a little while before that. (There's nothing critical that needs addressing afaik, so I'm leaving it until I've some other stuff sorted out.)

Nah all I'd need is certainty that I could use (or not) that part which lets you play WK before the rest of ToB - don't remember the name without bugs. And if you then decides to update will I be able to unintall v8, install v9 and continue my game?

Cheers

Yep.

So there's as far as you know no serious bugs with the WK transition component of SCSII?

Cheers

IIRC there are no problems with it if you use it as intended, i.e. you don't go to WK until after killing Irenicus. I think if you have this component installed and then pay WK a visit before then, odd things happen. (This obviously does need fixing in the next version.)

Keep in mind that the EscapeArea() code uses passability to determine where the targeted character runs off to (if they're in an area with no passable transitions, the character will just stand in place for a bit before disappearing). Also note that activation state isn't considered when characters are on the run (if you mark Mae'Var's guild transitions impassable but neglect the thief stronghold, characters can actually pass through the stronghold transitions even if you don't have access).

IWD has RunAwayFromNoLeaveArea() or somesuch, which would have been so useful for BG2. :(

Archived