SR 2.9 Bugs Thread

Raj

Freedom: description still states a 5 turns duration

(Limited)Wish: according to the description they don't belong to the Universal school

Mantles, Absolute Immunity: still last 4 rounds

Protection from Elements: only description changed, the effects are the same old ones ( 75% dr, no spell immunity )

Spell Shield: same as above ( there's a 300 duration 'spell shield' effect )

Sphere of Chaos: not party friendly

:worship:

Freedom: description still states a 5 turns duration
Fixed

(Limited)Wish: according to the description they don't belong to the Universal school
Fixed.

Mantles, Absolute Immunity: still last 4 rounds
Well, we haven't decided about them yet.

Protection from Elements: only description changed, the effects are the same old ones ( 75% dr, no spell immunity )
The spell is correct in my install, I probably forgot to copy it on the files we have uploaded, sorry.

Spell Shield: same as above ( there's a 300 duration 'spell shield' effect )
Same as Protection from Elements.

Sphere of Chaos: not party friendly
Same as above.

I'll ask Mike if he can upload again it with correct files, else I'll simply upload a hotfix here. Actually I can do the latter anyway, but you'll have to wait I get home in a few hours.

:p

Will I be able to fix this without uninstalling? I have just installed a bunch of mods...

Sphere of Chaos can be fixed without re-installing just by copying over the corrected .pro file.

I'm not sure about the other spells, the only thing that may happen is that the string references for descriptions won't match anymore...but if you're vaguely familiar with NI it's very simple to fix that, and I can help you if you wish.

I'll pack the files and post them.

P.S remind me next time to give a pre-pre-release to Raj as it seems he's a master at dicovering issues in a matter of seconds!! :worship:

Protection from Energy protects from itself, save the first ab header.
Partially, the 100% resistances are fine, the "protection from spell" effects are prevented though, a leftover of V2. :worship: Fixed within a minute.

Edit: Done. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Meteor Swarm is the old 24D6, not 40D4.

This 2.9 thing turned out to be a good idea! :worship:

I think it's better this way to get things sorted and wait for a good v3 in a few weeks, or however long it takes.

About the Meteor Swarm, I think there still is something wrong: I copied the 'new' one from the hotfix but it has two effects for 20d4 fire damage, and both of them are ( no save ), while one of them should allow breath at -6.

Indeed... :worship:

psst, don't worry, these things are easy to notice and can always fix them locally, I'm still happy because I can finally start a new run and try to romance that sexy Edwin for the first time :p ( my evil sorceress isn't going to summon a familiar anyway, if her mate cannot have his own one ^^ ). I held new runs mostly because I had no clue how to move spells among levels and wanted to try the new element/energy ones :p

About the Meteor Swarm, I think there still is something wrong: I copied the 'new' one from the hotfix but it has two effects for 20d4 fire damage, and both of them are ( no save ), while one of them should allow breath at -6.
Fixed again...hopefully once and for all! :worship:

Indeed... :p
psst, don't worry, these things are easy to notice and can always fix them locally, I'm still happy because I can finally start a new run and try to romance that sexy Edwin for the first time ;) ( my evil sorceress isn't going to summon a familiar anyway, if her mate cannot have his own one ^^ ). I held new runs mostly because I had no clue how to move spells among levels and wanted to try the new element/energy ones :p
Yeah but not all players know how to fix these things...and it bothers me when I could have just payed more attention! :p Anyway, what's done is done. At least I'm quick at posting fixes! :bday:
Does the 100% chance to learn spells still apply?
:worship: Will change for V3, sorry, the old fix still work. :p

Blakblad.itm - probability for 2d12+5 is only 15%, I think you just forgot to switch it to 100% once done with disintegrate.

Phanblad.itm - it does 1d8 of normal damage, aside from 1d12+4 magical.

I already noticed the former...will fix immediately. I'll add these two fixes into the main hotfix, but I'll also allow them to be downloaded separately because they don't need a re-install.

Archived