hostile summons

Guest kynikos

Guest kynikos

I have BG2 with SCS2 and am seeing creatures summoned with the wand of monster summoning going hostile. It occured in the slaver quest and now again during Nalia's quest. Is this part of SCS2 or a possible glitch. Seems to be gnolls mostly that turn hostile. I had a group of Ogres and wolves that we're well behaved. But two groups of gnolls both attcked the party.

I have BG2 with SCS2 and am seeing creatures summoned with the wand of monster summoning going hostile. It occured in the slaver quest and now again during Nalia's quest. Is this part of SCS2 or a possible glitch. Seems to be gnolls mostly that turn hostile. I had a group of Ogres and wolves that we're well behaved. But two groups of gnolls both attcked the party.
WeiDU.logs content... Do you have the (G3)BG2Fixpack in use? Reason - Just checking.
Guest kynikos
WeiDU.logs content... Do you have the (G3)BG2Fixpack in use? Reason - Just checking.

No fixpacks. Just whats shown in the log. Its an older install and I don't remember mucking about with it otherwise. WeiDU.log below...

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1190 // Romance Bug Fixes

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4003 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 100,000 gold pieces: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Potions for NPCs -> All unused potions on dead enemies are retrievable by the party: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6140 // Enemy mages use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6150 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6160 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Improved Random Encounters: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Sahuagin: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7111 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Leave Ust Natha's defences alone: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7160 // Improved Minor Encounters: v8

Found it, I think.

Open scsII/help/help.ssl , modify this (roughly just below middle of the file):

/// if I'm not currently chasing someone and I hear a type 1 shout about player X, and if condition XXXXX is satisfied, give a type 2 shout of
/// X's number, go hostile, and set myself as chasing X

IF
	!GlobalGT("helptarget","LOCALS",0)
	Heard([ANYONE],777scsplayer)
THEN

to look like this:

/// if I'm not currently chasing someone and I hear a type 1 shout about player X, and if condition XXXXX is satisfied, give a type 2 shout of

IF
	!Gender(Myself,SUMMONED)
	!Gender(Myself,20) // D0Tweaks gender
THEN

and reinstall the "Better calls for help" component. That fixed the issue in my tests, my gnoll meatbags no longer go hostile for no good reason.

Guest kynikos
Found it, I think.

Open scsII/help/help.ssl , modify this (roughly just below middle of the file):

IF
THEN

to look like this:

IF
	!Gender(Myself,SUMMONED)
	!Gender(Myself,20) // D0Tweaks gender
THEN

and reinstall the "Better calls for help" component. That fixed the issue in my tests, my gnoll meatbags no longer go hostile for no good reason.

That did the trick!!! No more hostile summons.

Thanks for your help!!!

Archived