BLTs don't work

Anjel

Good job with the mod, but I have to report first problems with Bishop's Love Talks (of course I use BR numbers of Love Talks).

I've started from save in Crossroad Keep.

LT7, 12 and13 triggered properly.

LT8 triggered and disappeared immediately.

LT9, 10, 11, 14 - nothing... :)

At the same time both flirts (with Casavir and Bish) work well and a couple Love Talks with Casavir triggered when I tried to talk with him, so I think this part of mod is OK.

You are getting a higher-than normal ratio of script misfires, but unfortunately, that's part of the problem with the electron engine, and the reason I went with PID backups for Casavir's romance (you've already seen that, if you're getting lovetalks when you try to talk to Casavir). But both romances are still active, or you wouldn't get the flirts.

There are going to be times when the scripts used to start the lovetalks fail to fire, and that's just one of the many joys of working with the engine. You'll have this with existing, non-mod-added game scripts as well, which is why you sometimes won't have Tavorick shout that he needs help at his estate or the cutscene in Old Owl Well won't play. Much as I hate to say it, all you can do is revert to an earlier save.

Hi! Great mod so far, but I was curious about the flirts. Why is Bishops so much more detailed than Casavir's? I get some rather dry stuff with him and with Bishop I can get more detailed almost immediately. Also, Cas's does not seem to really be going anywhere. Do I have a bug?

Probably not. Casavir is much more reserved than Bishop. The mod's goal was to enhance, not change, so he isn't going to become demonstrative overnight.

Also, please be aware that there are actually two ways to have flirt-like interactions with him. You can choose [Flirt with Casavir], which gives you stuff like [Touch his hand] and [Embrace him], and you can talk to him using "Can we talk?", which gives you a variety of things to talk about.

I should probably also say that Domi is a better writer than I am, so you're probably observing the effects of this.

You are getting the [Flirt with Casavir] option, right?

Probably not. Casavir is much more reserved than Bishop. The mod's goal was to enhance, not change, so he isn't going to become demonstrative overnight.

Also, please be aware that there are actually two ways to have flirt-like interactions with him. You can choose [Flirt with Casavir], which gives you stuff like [Touch his hand] and [Embrace him], and you can talk to him using "Can we talk?", which gives you a variety of things to talk about.

I should probably also say that Domi is a better writer than I am, so you're probably observing the effects of this.

You are getting the [Flirt with Casavir] option, right?

I am indeed able to flirt with him, however there was a problem that just popped up. When I "touched his hair", nothing popped up. There was no response at all, just the end of the cutscene. Might want to check the codes

No, that's just a function of randomization NWN2-style. When it's coded, you use gc_rand_1of (n) for the first response, gc_rand_1of (n-1) for the second respons, etc. until you get to the last chance, which is gc_rand_1of 1. The first response is checked. It might have a 1 in 4 chance of coming up. Then the second response is checked. It might have a 1 in 3 chance of coming up. All the way to the end, which should, in theory, have a 100% chance of coming up. What *actually* happens is that there is a 100% chance that the response will get dropped by the engine. Flirts that have a high number of possibilities will have less of a chance of dropping the convo, but it's still possible.

What I'm trying to say is that it's a bug, all right, but it's an engine bug, not a mod bug.

You will have the same thing in the Bishop Romance.

Thanks for raising this point, though, because it lets me explain why sometimes, you flirt with the guy/gal and the conversation just ends.

No, that's just a function of randomization NWN2-style. When it's coded, you use gc_rand_1of (n) for the first response, gc_rand_1of (n-1) for the second respons, etc. until you get to the last chance, which is gc_rand_1of 1. The first response is checked. It might have a 1 in 4 chance of coming up. Then the second response is checked. It might have a 1 in 3 chance of coming up. All the way to the end, which should, in theory, have a 100% chance of coming up. What *actually* happens is that there is a 100% chance that the response will get dropped by the engine. Flirts that have a high number of possibilities will have less of a chance of dropping the convo, but it's still possible.

What I'm trying to say is that it's a bug, all right, but it's an engine bug, not a mod bug.

Thanks for raising this point, though, because it lets me explain why sometimes, you flirt with the guy/gal and the conversation just ends.

Thanks for the explanation but I am convinced there is a bug. Cas has completely disappeared from my game. I even went to a much earlier save and he is gone. This happened right after the flirt

The "missing companions" bug is nothing new. If you do a search of the BioWare forums, you'll find references to it. Sometimes, it's Casavir, sometimes, it's Khelgar. I think I remember seeing Elanee, once, but it's usually those two.

Hopefully, Melirinda has some links for you about this. I've seen it mentioned before, but I don't have any saved links.

There is nothing in the toolset that would enable removal of a companion from the game, even accidenally. If there were, I'm sure Melirinda would have removed Shandra, not Casavir.

Thanks for the explanation but I am convinced there is a bug. Cas has completely disappeared from my game. I even went to a much earlier save and he is gone. This happened right after the flirt

Humm... When I play tested the game this never happened....

Now I know the flirts do drop randomly sometimes, (Or in Casavir's case he get's shy :)) but I've never heard of it dropping Casavir.

Though there is a bug in the NwN 2 Oc that causes missing Companions. I've had it before, turned my Neeshka in to a cat perhaps that's what you're getting

I hate to even suggest it... but maybe try reinstalling NwN 2.

I've had bishop disappear on me once before patching the game. It has something to do with the game confusing animal companions for full party members and it usually happens after an auto-save or new area transfer. It's the reason why I have turned off auto-summoning animal companions and familiars. It has never happened since. You'll have to load a save from before it went wrong though.

Thanks for your answer Berelinde.

Almost the rest of the romance works well (including the Wall Scene).

'Almost' means that when it comes to the final meeting Bishop newer stays with my PC :)

I've got high influence on him and I've tried all ways to convience him, but his reaction is always the same.

Am I the most unlucky bishopette in the whole wide world? :)

Oh my... Alignment! :) Looks that I was so focused on "cutching bugs" that I forgot about this simple solution. That explains everything because my previous PC was making different choices that PC I'm playing now.

Of course I know about MotB continuation Domi. Actually that is the only reason I'm going to play it once again :)

Archived