BLTs don't work

Anjel

Evil ones in the OC, in MotB I think it's more balanced.

Drat. I think playing a truly evil character would just make me feel dirty :) I might deviate a bit toward neutral, but not that far. I think I read that I can change alignment using the console or some tool, though. Perhaps it would work to change it just before the end if it just seems like an unfair outcome? I do have MotB installed, btw, but this is my first time playing the game.

Guest Deedlit

Hello there and sorry if I'm using an already opened topic,but since it's related....

I've installed the pack and it's really a good work,even if sometimes convo don't fire,but I know it's not your doing.....

The problem I have is I'm always failing the diplomacy check with Bishop at the final battle,when I try to convince him that "two persons together are strength" etc;I do remember that it was not alignment-related (or at least it wasn't when I played OC first time..),and I have around 22 points diplomacy plus high charisma (over 18),I even tweaked with his influence to get it to 100,but with no result...since I'm not finding this bug reported elsewhere,I thought it may be tied to your mod...apologies in advance if I'm wrong!

I really did want to see what Bishop had to say if you succeed that check after romancing him...and I do know there are even added-romantic-lines to him if you choose that option as well by your pack.Is there a way to fix it?or a way I can at least READ those lines (both official and your added ones) somehow?Be aware that I don't know how to use the toolset to open convos as many say....so if you wanna be kind and explain me...either works for me,thanks in advance and sorry :)

Again,great job,I posted my opinions on the vault :)

Thanks to anyone who can answer me on this and sorry for my bad english :)

Guest Deedlit
I think it is alignment-related. Domi can answer better than I, but she isn't generally around on weekends.

The funny thing is I always fail check on BOTH the diplomacy options.....I scanned some forums and,while I saw that the "two people caring for each other" options is always bound to fail in original (but should work with bishop romance...),the other one ("so you just switched masters") should work if you have enough high influence and diplomacy (and it did the first time I played OC,even if I had a good aligned pc...I always play good or pure chaotic ones lol)...so either I'm missing something,or some dialogues got messed up somehow :)

If only I knew how to look them in the toolset (I mean,I just don't know which mod I should load to get those final dialogue in the toolset to look up lol,I'm going mad looking for them...)

I'll wait for some news then :) thanks anyway!

I think it is alignment-related. Domi can answer better than I, but she isn't generally around on weekends.

The funny thing is I always fail check on BOTH the diplomacy options.....I scanned some forums and,while I saw that the "two people caring for each other" options is always bound to fail in original (but should work with bishop romance...),the other one ("so you just switched masters") should work if you have enough high influence and diplomacy (and it did the first time I played OC,even if I had a good aligned pc...I always play good or pure chaotic ones lol)...so either I'm missing something,or some dialogues got messed up somehow :)

If only I knew how to look them in the toolset (I mean,I just don't know which mod I should load to get those final dialogue in the toolset to look up lol,I'm going mad looking for them...)

I'll wait for some news then :) thanks anyway!

You have to look for them by name in the toolset (at least that's how I do it, don't know if there's an easier way). Under the File menu, there should be a "Load Conversation/Script" option. When you click that, it gives you the option of searching for names of files. So, typing "br", it should give you the bishop romance flirts (among some other files like brockenburn) because they all have that string in the name. Dialogues that have been altered should have the same name as their OC counterparts, but you'll recognize them because the location given for them is the override folder.

Guest Deedlit

Aye originally it was intended to always fail when on female pc....but I thought at least the other one should work...yesterday I figured out there was a workaround to make bishop flee the battle without actually using the diplomacy/check sentences,but the thing is,from what I heard to acess the last love talk you need to say that sentence with the diplomacy check.....so any insight on this matter?Guess I'll just have to fiddle again with the toolset....not a bad thing per se if you know where to look (which is actually the GREATEST challenge for me lol,so many thanks for pointing which file :p ),I mean there was a LOT of unused stuff in original already,much on Bishop and Casavir pasts,if they'd put half of it the OC would've been as good as mask :/

Thanks to Berelinde and Domi we can finally have a taste of what it would've been if programmers just had enough time (and honestly even better than that,bless the censorship lol);so really,thanks!

I'm actually playing the motb part now......let's see if this time I can convince Bishop to actually STAY :p

(just tell me I don't have to be EVIL to have a somewhat "good" ending,even if with him good has a brand new fan of meanings *laughs*.....still,what can I say,the hungry wolf and the sheep kind of story can have its charms lol)

Guest Deedlit

Just for the sake of it,any light to shed on the "final love talk" issue yet?Is it still there or did I just imagined it? (I mean,it's in the toolset,but maybe I missed something)

It still never fires,all options are still the checks that always fail and the one that makes him flee,nothing else...what am I missing? :p

I got utterly swamped this weekend, and never even got to figure out why Bishop's epilogue isn't showing.

I'll see if I can get to it soon, but it might take a bit. Like I said, I'm not the expert on Bishop.

Guest Deedlit

I do appreciate the concern though,so thanks :p

This thing is really bugging me,because at least I want to know if I dreamed about that last love talk or it's there somewhere for real (I mean it's in the toolset,but who knows if it's still accessibleor not?...lol)

Thanks anyway and as I said,great job overall,I did love Casavir part as well,maybe he was a bit more shy than i've imagined,but the flirting was really pleasant and really added a new whole flavour to him :D

Expecially certain parts,once fleshed out more this way (like the Katriona issue or the rivalry between him and bishop) added a lot more sense as well :D

So anyway,thanks for your hard work,you made replaying even the OC a pleasant experience and that's not a ordinary task! :)

Now solving this issue would just be the cherry on top,but i'm enthusiastic about it all anyway :p

Regards!

No, that's normal, that's alignment-related. :) OC is not the end though. If you have MotB, you can get some interesting endings (if I say so myself!) :)

Hi, it wasn`t before when I played the Bishop romance mod. (I meen alignment related.) I got him to stay and fight with me, and I was a neutral good Druid. So did you change it for the romance pack?

I tried again with my druid and with the romance pack it doesnt`t work. It did with the bishop romance though.

Or has the probem something to do with this?

Posted by Erdbeere

Mar 15 2009, 07:22 AM I was finally able to get the additional OC dialogue which ends up with Bishop actually rejoining the party before fighting Garius. What I did was delete (well just move elsewhere, really) the 3430_cs_enter.dlg file from Casavir's romance folder. I noticed it existed twice and thought maybe the game is loading the wrong one. Granted I don't have that much of a clue so I'm not sure that's what happened, but... it worked, anyway.

I thought maybe this could be useful to someone.

I do appreciate the concern though,so thanks :)

This thing is really bugging me,because at least I want to know if I dreamed about that last love talk or it's there somewhere for real (I mean it's in the toolset,but who knows if it's still accessibleor not?...lol)

Thanks anyway and as I said,great job overall,I did love Casavir part as well,maybe he was a bit more shy than i've imagined,but the flirting was really pleasant and really added a new whole flavour to him :)

Expecially certain parts,once fleshed out more this way (like the Katriona issue or the rivalry between him and bishop) added a lot more sense as well :)

So anyway,thanks for your hard work,you made replaying even the OC a pleasant experience and that's not a ordinary task! :p

Now solving this issue would just be the cherry on top,but i'm enthusiastic about it all anyway :D

Regards!

When I played the bishop romance pack before it worked just fine I got the last love talk and he stuck around to fight Garius. And it wasn`t alignmen restricted either like its said in the forum. Before I played with a neutral good Druid and it worked just fine. I have a save before meeting Garius but it doesnt`work now with the Romance pack.

Maybe this is the answer, but I havn´t tried it myself though:

Posted by Erdbeere on Mar 15 2009, 07:22 AM

was finally able to get the additional OC dialogue which ends up with Bishop actually rejoining the party before fighting Garius. What I did was delete (well just move elsewhere, really) the 3430_cs_enter.dlg file from Casavir's romance folder. I noticed it existed twice and thought maybe the game is loading the wrong one. Granted I don't have that much of a clue so I'm not sure that's what happened, but... it worked, anyway. I thought maybe this could be useful to someone.

Already answered elsewhere.

This is a tough week for me (averaging 15 minutes "computer time" available per day), and Domi's life has been hectic, lately, as well. We're happy to answer questions, but it's a bit annoying to have to wait for a page to load only to find out that it's exactly the same question asked elsewhere. So please, if you have questions, don't hesitate to post them, but only do it once.

Archived