feedback request

DavidW

I seem to be getting basically no bug reports for v2 - I'm interested if that means no-one's playing it, or people are playing it but not running into problems.

And if people are playing it, I'd also be interested in how they're finding the content.

Guest Aspirant

David,

I'm currently finishing up a BG1 run through with the Geomantic Sorceror; when I finish I've been intending to pick this up for BG2 TOB, largely because the TOB portion of the game is so... dry.

It'll be a week or two, but I promise you SOME feedback.

I played ToB with WoP when you first released it. I'd started with SoA and played all the way through and I remember even now how much I loved it and I posted my enthusiasm to the forum. I thought the additions were excellent and I loved the reinstatement of the grove by K'aeloree (see I remembered!).

So this is kind of an odd post of praise because I've just played ToB *without* Wheels... and I didn't start with SoA either. And I can assure you I missed the changes. The time in the grove seems odd without K's additions and it never really makes sense. Balthazar is irritating without the additional content; the dialogue effectively consists of: I'm going to kill you even if I don't think you're as bad as the others - so there... As for Melissan, even my credulity is stretched beyond breaking point in the original ToB, so again I liked the impact of Wheels.

I've just started again with SoA and intend to play through ToB as well this time with the Wheels back on so I'll make a note of any issues but tbh I can't remember any last time round... I just remember being bowled over by it and I disagreed with you over the impact it had. I thought it made a very big difference to the feel of ToB.

I truly hope that people *are* playing it - I'm sure they are - and either there are no bugs or we're all too engrossed to report them.

BTW the only reason I didn't run it this time was because I wanted to play the Sarevok romance and having started with a clean install I was too impatient to put the Wheels back on! However, I'm glad I didn't because it really brought home to me that my enthusiasm last time round was spot on!

Sorry for going on and on and on and for being a few months late! :)

I seem to be getting basically no bug reports for v2 - I'm interested if that means no-one's playing it, or people are playing it but not running into problems.

And if people are playing it, I'd also be interested in how they're finding the content.

Hey! I know it's a bit late, but I just finished my first playthrough in quite some time (and probably my last for quite some time) with WoP installed, and I enjoyed it immensely. As others have said, the writing integrates seamlessly into the game. The extra options with Melissan after Yaga-Shura's death were *so* satisfying, and best of all it didn't seem forced, because it just makes use of what was already in the game (what Gromnir and the talking heads said)

There were a few bugs, but I suspect it's my faulty Mac install; they were consistent with bugs I experienced elsewhere (ex. Balthazar just standing there while I fought Melissan, Abazigal not dying and having to be crtl-y'd) Also I find that the altered timing of events messes a bit with Angelo's lovetalks, but it still makes enough sense that I don't consider this an issue

Great work! Thanks so much!

-SV

Judging from how often WoP shows it's presence in various Weidu.logs around various boards, I'd say people use it. I see WoP as mandatory, but I've been following DavidW since before he became member of G3, and thus any mod made by David is mandatory to me :)

Cheers

Archived