The OC ending this time

I was finally able to get the additional OC dialogue which ends up with Bishop actually rejoining the party before fighting Garius. What I did was delete (well just move elsewhere, really) the 3430_cs_enter.dlg file from Casavir's romance folder. I noticed it existed twice and thought maybe the game is loading the wrong one. Granted I don't have that much of a clue so I'm not sure that's what happened, but... it worked, anyway.

I thought maybe this could be useful to someone.

Guest Deedlit

That worked like a charm,you are a real saviour!Thanks to you I was finally able to see the last love talk :p (he still flees.....so much for being a good girl *laughs* but hey,at least he confesses *giggles*)

Sweet!I will go try your other suggestion for the motb ending now :p

i've a question about the OC ending - i am romancing Bishop, and after deleted the 3430_cs_enter.dlg - thanks to Erdbeere :)

i was able to get the "caring for one another is strength" line but i failing the diplomacy check (i've 26 diplomacy but it's apparently not enough to make him stay) or the problem is some options i choose in the LT's? some of them were quite evil :)

@Domi: All I'm doing with that file is setting a variable so players can get the "last goodbye" LT, so it should be easy to just delete the file from Casavir's folder and add the variable to the other one. That LT was a last-minute addition, and I was pretty burnt out at that point, so it's likely I just got careless.

@Wildfly: What was your influence with Bishop? I'd think that would have more bearing on it than diplomacy, but you never know.

@Wildfly: What was your influence with Bishop? I'd think that would have more bearing on it than diplomacy, but you never know.

16, and i changed it to 22 with the same result.

but maybe i got something wrong with the file i need to delete?

i deleted 3430_cs_enter.dlg from: Neverwinter Nights 2\CasavirRomance

while leaving: override\FP_v1\CasavirRomance\dlg\3430_cs_enter.dlg

and then i got the (previously) missing line from the romance.

Why do you have any files at all in your Neverwinter Nights Documents folder? That might be your problem right there. If you've got it in both places, I'm kind of surprised your game is running at all. I'm not finding fault with you! If you put it there, then it means we need to be more clear in our installation instructions.

All the files for this mod should be in your game override directory. If you did a default install, that would be in c:\program files\atari\etc.

In other words, yes, delete that one, and then go delete/move the one in override\FP_v1\CasavirRomance\dlg\3430_cs_enter.dlg. See how you make out then.

i don't have any files on the My Documents folder - you were pretty clear on that in the readme :)

what i meant that i removed:

C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\CasavirRomance\3430_cs_enter.dlg -

and didn't touched C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\override\FP_v1\CasavirRomance\dlg\3430_cs_enter.dlg

and then i got the line from the mod.

if i delete

C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\override\FP_v1\CasavirRomance\dlg\3430_cs_enter.dlg

and leaving only

C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\override\FP_v1\BishopRomance\dlg\3430_cs_enter.dlg

i don't get the Sometimes two people caring for each other.. line at all, only the standard game options. me really confused :)

but most probably i messed things up deleting files - i am not really good at this stuff :D

well, i guess the max i can do is at least make him leave and not fight me.

Ah, now I understand. Yeah, the best you can ever do is get him to walk away. You will never get him to fight on your side, and you never could get him to fight on your side. We didn't change that part. :)

ah, now i got it :) silly me, i thought you made an option when he can rejoin the party

but still, doesn't supposed to be something else after

[Diplomacy]Sometimes two people caring for each other...

all i got is

[Failure]After this i am free...

and then i got the game's regular options.

edit: btw, whatever the problem is, i don't think it's with diplomacy - even if i raise it to 37 the result is the same...

I'm going to have to let Domi field this one. She's the Bishop expert.

i hope she'll be back soon so we can ask her :)

in the meantime, i opened the toolset to read the dialog i missed and it's brilliant! (btw, the only conditions i'd seen there is char-female and not have P#BishopRomanceInactive with value 1 - which i am clear of)

and i wanted to thank you both on the great work you did with this mod - it makes the characters much more deep and interesting.

without it the game would be much less entraining.

Ah, now I understand. Yeah, the best you can ever do is get him to walk away. You will never get him to fight on your side, and you never could get him to fight on your side. We didn't change that part. :)

Strange. He definitely did fight on my side after I finally managed to get this ending.

I'm going to need Domi to confirm this, since according to Game Banshee, Bishop doesn't join you no matter what you do. Both Domi and I were operating under the condition that, no matter what trivial (or not-so-trivial) enhancements we added, we weren't going to change the plot of the game. Game events still happened where and when they were supposed to happen, we didn't mess with the influence system, and we didn't mess with allegiances at the end of the game.

Archived