Widescreen for IWD in BG2 engine

Kulyok

(DavidW started it, don't look at me:)

Oh, regarding WSM: I imagine it could be adjusted relatively easily to IWD-in-BG2, given that it already works for IWD (i.e. the graphics exist) and BG2 (i.e. the offsets are known). But you'll have to ask TheBigg nicely.

Dear Bigg,

We want to playtest IWD in BG2 engine with your Widescreen mod very, very much. Please, allow us to grab it as soon as possible sit here and wait patiently for another little miracle of yours. :)

(And because I'm buying a monitor tomorrow, which means IWD NPC for IWD-BG2 will follow it pretty quickly. :) )

It installs properly and looks ok except for a long green line towards the bottom of the screen right below the box where the dialogue is showed. The same on a Dell laptop at 1280x800 and a Toshiba Qosmio at 1680x1050. I think Jarno had the same results so there is definately something different with this in regards to a normal bg2 or iwd install.

Sorry, my mistake: I thought WSM for IWD-BG2 wasn't ready yet.

If there's a working version already(great news - seriously, I didn't know), I'll happily test it, but in a few days(haven't yet: my laptop can't handle it).

The website says that only some engine variants are supported, and there'll be an expansion in future releases.

So: is it safe and okay to install Widescreen mod after the conversion is ready and all other mods(tweaks and stuff) for this conversion are installed?

The WeiDU beta (http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/beta) has a tweak to the EXTEND_MOS command that should fix this problem. There are some untested functions that pose a risk to backwards compatibility, so make sure you aren't updating the other setup-mymod.exe files with this copy.

Kulyok: somewhere in the Fine Readme it says "compatible with BG2 (including Tutu, EasyTutu, BGT, BiG World Installs, CA, and any other Total Conversion".

Got it. Am withdrawing happily(with a hint of shame for taking your time, but with a hint of satisfaction, too, because I really was a touch uncertain about whether it was safe to use it without an official get-go). Thank you!

I haven't tried it myself. I have a playtest report of the same green-bar problem that TUTU originally had with the WSM. My guess was/is that WSM has to do something clever to the MOS files, and of course IWD-in-BG2 uses the IWD GUI (or rather, a conversion of it by LadeJarl), not the BG2 GUI. So I suspect it would be fairly easy to make it compatible, but it might not be quite automatic.

I haven't tried it myself. I have a playtest report of the same green-bar problem that TUTU originally had with the WSM. My guess was/is that WSM has to do something clever to the MOS files, and of course IWD-in-BG2 uses the IWD GUI (or rather, a conversion of it by LadeJarl), not the BG2 GUI. So I suspect it would be fairly easy to make it compatible, but it might not be quite automatic.

coughmypostwithweidubetacough

Trying to get to the beta page to grab it give me the following error:

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Well, you do not need the forum access to actually get the beta from the link the bigg provided, just download the "Download Link (Windows Binary)" and open the archive, then rename the WeiDU.exe in it as setup-widescreen.exe. You can then run the widescreen-v2.1.exe, and exit the WeiDU window to get the other files, and then copy over the renamed WeiDU.exe from the extracted archive... and then run it.

And it works, THANKS, the bigg.

coughmypostwithweidubetacough

Sorry - that's what I get for posting when I'm half asleep.

Trying to get to the beta page to grab it give me the following error:

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Well, you do not need the forum access to actually get the beta from the link the bigg provided, just download the "Download Link (Windows Binary)" and open the archive, then rename the WeiDU.exe in it as setup-widescreen.exe. You can then run the widescreen-v2.1.exe, and exit the WeiDU window to get the other files, and then copy over the renamed WeiDU.exe from the extracted archive... and then run it.

And it works, THANKS, the bigg.

Your right and it works great, thanks

Archived