The Number of Kills

I now have the whole thing proof-read (great thanks to Insolent Worm and Sillara!) and a volunteer to do voicing for Deheriana. If no major bug reports will come in from the beta runs I think I will be able to make the next beta version (1.0.4) public :)

I now have the whole thing proof-read (great thanks to Insolent Worm and Sillara!) and a volunteer to do voicing for Deheriana. If no major bug reports will come in from the beta runs I think I will be able to make the next beta version (1.0.4) public :)

*dances* I can't wait! ^____^

Very very good job you're doing here! Impressive! ^__^

added 2 more banters for Jan and 2 more for Mazzy :) Well, at least banters are shaping up nicely for V4 :)

Here is a little preview of one of the new ones:

CHAIN

IF WEIGHT #1002 ~CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY]) InParty("P#KIVAN")

See("P#KIVAN")

Global("P#DeherianaLives","GLOBAL",0)

Global("P#DeherianaDead","GLOBAL",0)

!StateCheck("P#KIVAN",STATE_SLEEPING)

Global("P#KINA4","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BNALIA P#KINA4

~I have heard tales about men like you –~

DO ~Set Global("P#KINA4","LOCALS",0)~

== BP#KIV ~My lady D’Arnise, I doubt that I am bard’s tale material.~

== BNALIA ~Tales… they are all different, but I think that the characters are often similar. There are always valiant heroes in them, and orphans, charming rogues and fair maidens -~

== BP#KIV ~Then it is rather I who have heard tales of you, than vice versa; for I am neither a rogue, nor orphan, nor indeed a hero. And I would never dare to claim the role of a fair maiden, for it is rightfully yours, my Lady D’Arnise. <CHARNAME>, perhaps -~

== BNALIA ~But there is also a wanderer… a noble stranger who had lost everything, and now walks alone, helping those who are in need. ~

== BP#KIV ~Your perception of me is hardly… realistic.~

== BNALIA ~Yes, my good Elf, I agree. What I was going to say, is that like almost everything that I encounter in my travels with <CHARNAME>, meeting you makes me question the tales.~

= ~You see, it was my favorite type of character, and I dreamed to be just like that one day, destitute, proud and benevolent. Yet…~

== BP#KIV ~Yet?~

== BNALIA ~It is rather dull. ~

== BP#KIV ~O, but this is nothing that a slew of admirers taking in every word of your ‘adventures in the slums’ cannot fix, is not it? ~

== BNALIA ~I am not that shallow, elf. I did not abandon my station to impress the empty-headed fools that have little care for anything but their titles and estates. I ventured into the world hoping to meet better and nobler people and to make a difference. But I do not see how those heroes in the stories managed to do so much, if they were like you. You almost never speak, you hide your face, and while you fight with rare bravery you do not seek out vile oppressors to destroy them, except for Tazok, if <CHARNAME> is to be believed. ~

== BP#KIV ~Nalia, perhaps trying to be less of a wanderer and more of a charming rogue is something that will suit your aspirations better.~

== BNALIA ~That’s what I think too.~

EXIT

I am starting to seriously cut down and shape up the Quest (in order to preserve my sanity while writting interjections); so far I dropped the idea of making Shilmista NPCs joinable and tried to limit the quest to the elven lands only, reducing the amount of needed areas.

- added extra branches into Demin's conversation, that allow to talk Kivan out of ressurecting Deheriana or ask Demin more gently about it then before.

- added interjections for the narration file (Slayer Transforms, defeating Irenicus, Killing Lonk, Hell arrival etc).

- added Deheriana's and Kivan's voice sets as part of the full install

- added all new banters (now all NPCs have 4+ banters with Kivan, Cernd being the winner with 10)

- corrected Imoen's banters so now they have a chance to show up

- made the 'generic' banter with NPCs available in ToB if it did not happen in SoA

- corrected a bug that made Deheriana drift away if you asked her to wait around with Demin

- Er... actually assigned the correct script to Deheriana. No wonder nobody have seen her revived :)

I will try to get V4 out shortly due to the significant bug fixes.

Archived