AI question

Salk

Hello!

I wanted to ask you if teleporting the party away from an encounter and then back to the first area (after a variable number of hours) would cause major issues within SCS.

Thanks!

I wanted to ask you if teleporting the party away from an encounter and then back to the first area (after a variable number of hours) would cause major issues within SCS.
By teleporting, you probably mean that you jump to other area to where the enemy can't travel, right? And what kind of "encounter" are we talking about?

The AI might not itself have any errors, but there are features that will happen... the game will slow down somewhat a bit, depending on the structure of the AI, and how many opponents use them. Like, you can have multiple melee-ers that cause much less slowdown as one mage for example, depending AI to AI of course.

If the encounter is "area based" random encounter, the monsters might be removed from the area if it's re-entered, but the AI could still remain active... not a good thing, but perhaps not the worst either. In BGT/BGTutu areas are AR4700+1/FW5600+1, AR4800+1/FW5700+1, AR4900+1/FW5800+1, AR5100+1/FW5900+1, AR5300+1/FW6000+1, AR5400/FW6100.

Now, if we are talking about normal encounter within the normal maps and area jumping from one to another, the monsters will not try to follow you, so they might just stand there until you reappear to the map from one of it's edges, in which point they most likely will try to attack you again.

Yes, Jarno... I meant exactly that.

And with "encounters" I meant any possible kind of hostile encounters (random or not).

I was interested in this because I had something in mind about a possible new item, a la Neverwinter Nights...

I was interested in this because I had something in mind about a possible new item, a la Neverwinter Nights...
A Stone of Recall? I'd love to have one. I keep forgetting what I'm supposed to be doing... Oh, wait, no, that's where I'm supposed to be going. Er, no, its 'get the heck outta dodge.' :crazyeyes:
DavidW,

if you don't mind me bumping my own topic, do you have an answer for me?

Thanks!

It won't cause any problems in SCS that it wouldn't cause in vanilla BG. It's quite exploitable if you can do it in combat, though.

DavidW,

if you don't mind me bumping my own topic, do you have an answer for me?

Thanks!

It won't cause any problems in SCS that it wouldn't cause in vanilla BG. It's quite exploitable if you can do it in combat, though.

Thanks for your answer, DavidW! :rolleyes:

Archived