Cloak of the Sewers

Constantine

I've some proposal about the Cloak of the Sewers. As you well know, it's special ability is Polymorph Self into a rat, a troll, or a mustard jelly. Now, while in the rat form, I find it logical that at least in some cases (in the sewers or in the woods for example), PC should become invisible for enemies so he could pass them unnoticed. I think implementing this feature will expand gaming experience greatly, don't you think? And besides, there are plenty of cats in the game, that may open some interesting options too :)

I think we already discussed something like this when I worked on the cloak (the three forms are completely redone within SR), and for some reason we didn't implemented it. I proposed to make the rat invisible, and I'm still for it. Now, your suggestion about making it invisible only in certain areas is probably better, but to do so I would have to do it via script (as I did to allow SR's shamblers to hide in forest areas), and I generally avoided messing with scripts via items.

Speaking of this Cloak, it won't have the troll form anymore in V3 for various reasons. Mainly because it doesn't seem an appropriate form for this cloak, whereas it would be very appropriate for a particular ioun stone (see below).

P.S Pearly White Ioun Stone: "Legend tells us that this particular type of ioun stone is crafted with the enslaved soul of a troll. This pearly white ioun stone will grant the wearer the ability to regenerate at a rate of 3 hit points per minute."

Mainly because it doesn't seem an appropriate form for this cloak, whereas it would be very appropriate for a particular ioun stone.

-> Pearly White Ioun Stone

That would be nice, and perhaps you can then make it upgradable(better Troll forms) a like the Horn of Valhalla, in the Item Upgrade Revision mod... :rolleyes:
I think we already discussed something like this when I worked on the cloak (the three forms are completely redone within SR), and for some reason we didn't implemented it. I proposed to make the rat invisible, and I'm still for it. Now, your suggestion about making it invisible only in certain areas is probably better, but to do so I would have to do it via script (as I did to allow SR's shamblers to hide in forest areas), and I generally avoided messing with scripts via items.

Personally, I see no problem in some additional scripting. It should not be too difficult if you have done it before, right? :rolleyes:

Speaking of this Cloak, it won't have the troll form anymore in V3 for various reasons. Mainly because it doesn't seem an appropriate form for this cloak, whereas it would be very appropriate for a particular ioun stone (see below).

P.S Pearly White Ioun Stone: "Legend tells us that this particular type of ioun stone is crafted with the enslaved soul of a troll. This pearly white ioun stone will grant the wearer the ability to regenerate at a rate of 3 hit points per minute."

I like it :)

...Now, your suggestion about making it invisible only in certain areas is probably better, but to do so I would have to do it via script (as I did to allow SR's shamblers to hide in forest areas), and I generally avoided messing with scripts via items.
Personally, I see no problem in some additional scripting. It should not be too difficult if you have done it before, right? :rolleyes:
But you might not understand how hard the scripting in this case might be... as I do not, but I do know it's hard.
Personally, I see no problem in some additional scripting. It should not be too difficult if you have done it before, right?
There's difference between scripting a summon and forcing PC to use another script. What if they cuf the AI off? Etc.
...Now, your suggestion about making it invisible only in certain areas is probably better, but to do so I would have to do it via script (as I did to allow SR's shamblers to hide in forest areas), and I generally avoided messing with scripts via items.
Personally, I see no problem in some additional scripting. It should not be too difficult if you have done it before, right? :)
But you might not understand how hard the scripting in this case might be... as I do not, but I do know it's hard.

Well I admit I haven't thought of it too much :D But I assume we always can script it via baldur.bcs, setting some global variable by the spell itself, that will tell the main script that we are actually in the rat form, then checking the area we are in, and so on. Someone should really test it someday :rolleyes:

But I assume we always can script it via baldur.bcs, setting some global variable by the spell itself, that will tell the main script that we are actually in the rat form, then checking the area we are in, and so on.
Touching baldur.bcs is commonly the last resort. I would stay clear from it if possible.
But I assume we always can script it via baldur.bcs, setting some global variable by the spell itself, that will tell the main script that we are actually in the rat form, then checking the area we are in, and so on.
Touching baldur.bcs is commonly the last resort. I would stay clear from it if possible.

I totally agree, but the rat we are talking about is rather unique one dont you think :rolleyes:

As it happens more often than not, Ardanis just said what I would have said. :rolleyes:
I'd rather see Protection from Creatures (Humans and some sort of animals).

Yes, it would work much better then scripting invisibility. Though the effect should be cancelled if the rat attacks. Also, I propose we consider removing the attack ability from the rat form entirely, so it became usable only for stealth and exploration.

I'd rather see Protection from Creatures (Humans and some sort of animals).

Yes, it would work much better then scripting invisibility. Though the effect should be cancelled if the rat attacks. Also, I propose we consider removing the attack ability from the rat form entirely, so it became usable only for stealth and exploration.

Using protection from creature opcode is an interesting suggestion, though I have to think any possible consequence. I'd prefer to allow it to attack for example, but if we opt for this solution I can't, else an undetectable rat would be able to attack and remain "invisible".

Archived