Spwi802.spl

Demivrgvs

I've just noticed that upon level up spwi802.spl doesn't appear between the spells memorizable (I'm talking about sorcerer's selection screen of new spells), and I cannot find why. Does anyone know what's going on?

Because if there's a way to disable a spell from appearing in the selection screen (both at character creation and sorcerer level up) despite being named with the usual spw### convention, and while keeping it completely working (spwi802 does work in game if I learn it via scroll/shadow keeper), I'm interested! A lot!!!

Because if there's a way to disable a spell from appearing in the selection screen (both at character creation and sorcerer level up) despite being named with the usual spw### convention, and while keeping it completely working (spwi802 does work in game if I learn it via scroll/shadow keeper), I'm interested! A lot!!!

Can't you just give it a number whose last two digits are higher than 50?

Can't you just give it a number whose last two digits are higher than 50?

No because they are pre-existing spells. :) For example I've moved Protection from Fire/Cold from 3rd level to 5th level slot together with Protection from Acid/Electricity, but my current solution (a non valid usability value) makes the lower level versions non selectable but still displayed in this menu (greyed out). I can't simply disable the spells because else AI mods looking for them would be screwed. :hm:
I can't simply disable the spells because else AI mods looking for them would be screwed.
As long as AI relies on 'Spell(target,WIZARD_SPELL_NAME)' rather than 'SpellRES("spellRES",target)' it shouldn't be much of a problem. You can edit spell.ids and set another number while keeping the name.
I can't simply disable the spells because else AI mods looking for them would be screwed.
As long as AI relies on 'Spell(target,WIZARD_SPELL_NAME)' rather than 'SpellRES("spellRES",target)' it shouldn't be much of a problem. You can edit spell.ids and set another number while keeping the name.

Well, it's not so easy:

- I would also have to patch each and every spellbook, replacing old spells with new ones, and overriding 5th level choices (eventually breaking SCS if DavidW needs particular 5th level spells)

- it would also require a late installation (e.g. after SCS)

Considering it's only an aesthetic problem (greyed out icons in the spell selection menu at sorcerer's level up) I suppose my current solution is the best one.

You will need to recompile the scripts.

And if you can recompile, you can also replace the resref.

Archived