sword of chaos

DrAzTiK

Somethink disturb me about sword of chaos... In comparaison to Flame of north, sword of chaos remain pretty weak...

Immunity to fear is nice but pretty nothink considering that a single level 1 spell protect from this effect. (and this spell is a long duration spell)

deals 6 additional points of damage against all of lawful alignment is more or less equal to + 1d6 cold damage and maybe even less powerfull.

In comparaison , Flame of the north provide a permanent level 4 arcane spell to a fighters (cold shield is a short duration spell for arcane mages) witch is a lot of more interessing that free action or charm/confusion effect considering that a fighter wielding flame of the north can also benefit from divine spell like free action or chaos. (while a fighter with spider bane or lilarcor can't protect himself with a cold shield arcane spell)

Maybe sword of chaos could inflic additional damage against all "non chaotic" creatures ? Or maybe restore some additional vampiric effects ?

Install UB and it will be upgraded.

Are you sure it's not from ascension ?

So maybe Sword of chaos is fine and Flame of the north a bit too much powerfull. I wonder if 50% fire resistance is not a bit too much . ( after all, the shield cold seems to be a semi cold shield considering it deals only 5 cold damage against ennemy).

Imo it is obvious that Flame of the noth provides really big bonus for a +2 weapon....

Somethink disturb me about sword of chaos... In comparaison to Flame of north, sword of chaos remain pretty weak...
The point is that Sword of Chaos is a very decent +2 weapon that can be obtained extremely easily at the very beginning of SoA, while Flame of North debuts late in the game, aside from that IR's SoC is better than the vanilla one.
Yeah, Mercurier got the point, Flame of the North's power level is clearly higher than Sword of Chaos' one because the former is not available before going to Spellhold, the latter is the very first unique weapon you can find in the game. Anyway, I've probably make FotN slightly too powerful.

Is the Sword of Chaos upgradeable? Maybe from Cespenar, with Sarevok in party? I'd like Sarevok with his old sword. smile.gif
Install UB and it will be upgraded...

Are you sure it's not from ascension ?
Ascension does this, and yes, including a revised version of it would be good and I'm sure we discussed it long time ago. Its IR's concept may be expanded by adding immunity to confusion and raising enchantment level to +4. Then we may think about an on hit effect.

Imo it is obvious that Flame of the noth provides really big bonus for a +2 weapon....
Just so you know being a +2 enchanted weapon doesn't mean it can't have more unique effects than a +3 weapon. Actually, within IR I do the opposite quite a few times.

About SoC being upgraded by other mods, I think there are at least two that do this, but I was talking specifically about IR I'd like it to be on par of the other IR items. :party: With extensive background, balanced powers, and all. I'm sorry if I didn't specify that in my previous post.

Archived