Problem at Nalia's Keep

Guest Camille

Guest Camille

I have just started playing this Mod and it has really added to the interest of the game (although it is disappointing when nice items are not where you might expect them!)

However, there was a minor issue at Nalia's Keep. I found the Elven Court Bow on the ground floor, which was a nice surprise as it is normally in the Golem Room. When I went up to the second floor, I got a message that some Golem's had woken up. Sure enough, when I opened the door to the Golem room, there were two friendly Golems to greet and attack me. I imagine that this would happen if you happen to have picked up the Bow or the Frostreaver Axe at any time before going to the second floor of the Keep. I also assume that the items which replace them would not trigger the Golems.

Ooo, I missed that one.

Thanks, I'll fix it.

I think those items should be guarded and therefore shouldn't be randomised. They're very powerful items and characters were always supposed to defeat the guardian golems if they were to acquire them.

I think those items should be guarded and therefore shouldn't be randomised. They're very powerful items and characters were always supposed to defeat the guardian golems if they were to acquire them.

For reasons of consistency I think that once an item has gone into the randomisation pool it won't be removed unless there are irreconcilable problems with randomising the item. That's not the case here; all three items are completely interchangeable with other items.

However, you, yourself, can easily tweak Item Randomiser to not randomise these items.

Please also check what triggers the golem activation in the chateau.

I'm pretty sure it's the same floor trigger that sounds the alarm. Regardless, none of the randomised items from Casa de Irenicus come from that room.

I think that once an item has gone into the randomisation pool it won't be removed unless there are irreconcilable problems with randomising the item. That's not the case here; all three items are completely interchangeable with other items.
That depends on what you mean by "irreconcilable problems". It may not cause a crash or prevent quest completion etc. but it does cause a problem that can't be reconciled with game logic or balance. The bow (at least) could be acquired without fighting the golem guardians (not the intention of the designers); and picking it up apparently causes the guardians to activate in what has become an inexplicable manner i.e. previously a player could see that picking up the items activates the golems whereas if the randomiser is used and these items are included, they won't be able to see this. This reduces the golems to somewhat random monsters bizarrely running around a secret room in Nalia's keep. :)
and picking it up apparently causes the guardians to activate in what has become an inexplicable manner i.e. previously a player could see that picking up the items activates the golems whereas if the randomiser is used and these items are included, they won't be able to see this.

This was a bug. It has been fixed.

and picking it up apparently causes the guardians to activate in what has become an inexplicable manner i.e. previously a player could see that picking up the items activates the golems whereas if the randomiser is used and these items are included, they won't be able to see this.

This was a bug. It has been fixed.

It was only a bug from the perspective of your intentions with the randomiser. It worked perfectly well from the perspective of the game's original designers. Now, I presume because of you, players can acquire the items without fighting the guardians, without earning them. Isn't BG2 supposed to be an adventure game?

It was only a bug from the perspective of your intentions with the randomiser. It worked perfectly well from the perspective of the game's original designers. Now, I presume because of you, players can acquire the items without fighting the guardians, without earning them. Isn't BG2 supposed to be an adventure game?

You find different items in the keep chapel. The golems go hostile when you pick those up. You thereby earn these different items instead of the old items.

You earn the bow, the axe and the hammer while adventuring somewhere else.

Archived